PDA

View Full Version : understanding

pidgion
12th March, 2009, 11:33 AM
hi guys just like to say that not all of us are pc wizards and those of you who are we rely on seem to get annoyed very easy when we dont understand the technical side but please remember we are not all wizards have a bit of patience and understanding for average joes like myself i rely on you guys and thank you :adore:hope this does not offend anyone

andy4
12th March, 2009, 11:47 AM
have you been offened by anyone on this site m8

pidgion
12th March, 2009, 12:39 PM
no andy not on this site just thought that it was worth posting because some guys 4get that not everyone is pc literate and dont understand about all the downloads and such or have problems with them i include myself i am only getting used to pc and dont understand a lot of whats going on maybe i am the only one thinks this?:bawling::beheaded:

Devilfish
12th March, 2009, 12:49 PM
We know that everyone has had to start somewhere and for most of us, that's at the bottom.

But through time you will get used to the jargon. :)

We actively encourage the helping of newbies and you won't get harassed or flamed on this forum for being a newbie. If you do feel that way, please report the post using the http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/report.gif icon and a moderator will deal with it.

But newbies must also understand that things cannot simply work because they want them too. If you want it to work, you need to learn and sometimes that takes a bit of Googling on your part too. ;)

zaphodbb
12th March, 2009, 12:56 PM
hi guys just like to say that not all of us are pc wizards and those of you who are we rely on seem to get annoyed very easy when we dont understand the technical side but please remember we are not all wizards have a bit of patience and understanding for average joes like myself i rely on you guys and thank you :adore:hope this does not offend anyone

i think most people on this site understand what its like when you are just starting, and will give you any help you need, we all have problems at one time or another and if you look at the posts even the experts get baffled some times, so relax we are all friends here :dancing2:

pidgion
12th March, 2009, 01:01 PM
cheers and thanks devil i myself do a lot of googling but a lot of what is said is still i think aimed at the more pc literate i agree fully with what you say but impressions from a lot of posts say that some guys think that some peoples posts are stupid i dont mean to brand all with the one iron ie mods and admin. or indeed the joe soaps but some need more help than others thats all i mean again i hope i dont offend anyone:adore:

Devilfish
12th March, 2009, 01:25 PM
No offence taken...it's always good to be reminded! :)

Dreamer
12th March, 2009, 02:28 PM
hi pidgion

as the other guys have already said we are newbie friendly here. If you have a problem with jargon don't be afraid to ask. If you want to find out more about the forum and how to do stuff on it then there is a FAQ. There is a link in my signature at the bottom of this post. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what stuff means, that's how I learned stuff but I always made sure I had had a look round incase the information was there already.

.: JaCkPoT :.
12th March, 2009, 05:33 PM
The team here at digital kaos are great, if you ever have any problems get in touch with a moderator and they will definately try their best to sort it. There are many members who adapt their reply or answer to a question to match it with the original post so every thing doesnt seem like flying pigs..
I hope to see you around mate and best of wishes for your time with us..

lfc4life
12th March, 2009, 08:02 PM

Im not trying pick an arguement but the majority of the noobs to pc's could help themselves by doing a pc course of forgive me for saying this read a text book on how a pc works. ;)

gmb45
12th March, 2009, 08:08 PM
Im not trying pick an arguement but the majority of the noobs to pc's could help themselves by doing a pc course of forgive me for saying this read a text book on how a pc works. ;) i myself m8 learnt by trial and error and asking, and im still learning, i think the best way to learn is to ask some one who knows

lfc4life
12th March, 2009, 08:16 PM
Thats gud that u did! And we have a brain after all but not enough want to use it!:party:

Krypton
13th March, 2009, 08:22 AM
whenever i get a problem that i cant sort myself, i generally type it into google as a question, odds are that im not the first person to have that particular problem and someone has asked before. Good old google usually points me to a few forums where the question has been answered, and i just read the various answers and try them. im not saying not to ask for help on dk, but if you're worried about getting flamed for asking, this may be the best route to go down.

gmb45
13th March, 2009, 08:26 AM
if your not sure, ask,ask,ask.

Bulld0g
13th March, 2009, 11:40 AM

Well you can rest assured that, that doesn't happen on this site m8. Have a good read of the forums and i doubt you will find a single post out of the thousands where members are impatient or not understanding of newbies needs.

cunny
16th March, 2009, 09:27 PM
Can i just add that if people who do need the help do post as much information about the faults as they can. This will help us to help them out in the long run.

Its no good just posting something along the line xxxx keeps crashing.
Why not xxxx crashes at this point/when i do this, pc does this when that, think you get my point

I have seen a few posts where this happens.

Just thought i would add that as thought it would help.

cunny
17th March, 2009, 12:55 AM
Thankyou devilish for thanking me as this as been getting at me.

i have been guilty of a shark post ect.

But please leave more info as u can, not everythin is caused by a virus!!!!

Just me lol

pidgion
18th March, 2009, 11:29 AM
just to say thanks to all you guys who replied have to say more UNDERSTANDING than other sites /forums just to add a big thanks and fairplay to you all and again hope that i did not annoy or offend anyone :beer:

Bulld0g
18th March, 2009, 11:31 AM
You never offended anyone m8. I hope your enjoying being a part of Digital Kaos :)

bugaloo41
20th March, 2009, 08:09 PM
pidgion i know where you are coming from mate but the reason i now frequent this site more than any other is because the users are the friendliest i have ever come across. agree though that on some sites i cringe when i read some very rude responses often to first time posters.

i am all for self learning. personally dont understand the logic in someone who wants to learn but doesnt spend time to read threads and conduct a few searches. my motto though is give early posters a break even if you think they ought to have done a little more work first.

leechers will happen on every site that is human nature. some people join to take and give nothing back. imo they are the losers. contribute a little and join a community.

enjoy your stay, invite your mates and remember give a hand to those in need.

cablefreejunkie
24th March, 2009, 10:09 PM
i must say that as a total novice to pcs and d boxs etc etc i was treated very nicely by all the members whom helped me out,,,,,,and after going back and reading all my posts and the replys etc i was very suprised at the amount of patience all the users had with me,,,,i was and still am a novice but still get lots of help from lots of users on this forum'
long may it continue

andymc1s
24th March, 2009, 10:32 PM
I would just like to say the members of this Forum have responded to my questions and requests for help in a very friendly and informative way.I know
some of my questions were probably asked a hundred times over but I never got a bad reply. I for one am very happy to be a member of a great Forum.
Andy

cunny
25th March, 2009, 10:50 PM
I would like to just stress again, what we have here is a good forum, not people fighting an stuff over this an that.

I too started somewhere with pcs and know what is like but google does help out for problems.

BUT PLEASE THERE IS NO POINT IN POSTING I HAVE 'THIS' PROBLEM' OR 'THAT PROBLEM'

Thanks

Cunny