PDA

View Full Version : MED9.1 Questions Abot Swapping Files

nynhp
10th March, 2013, 01:26 AM
I have 2 audi a4 MED9.1 Can i download the Bin File from on of them and transfer it onto my other one car and will it start or the immobilizer has to match the file also?

Im new to MED9.1 Because i know on older ECU's i could write a new file and the car would still start as long as the ECU was the same..

carmageddon
10th March, 2013, 08:57 AM
the problem are not immo but the different engine managment maps offset and HW - SW number...and car will not start.
if you want to trasfer the changes into another file you must export.

J_amb_o
10th March, 2013, 03:26 PM
You have to do it with BDM.

carmageddon
10th March, 2013, 04:36 PM
the readout file from obd is complete in MED9 and not only engine managment, but you can not write another file with different HW and SW (or also only SW different) on your destination ecu because car dont start...different offset maps and different HW and SW

why bdm?

nynhp
10th March, 2013, 09:54 PM
i guess ill BDM and turn off immo anyways

J_amb_o
11th March, 2013, 11:06 PM
the readout file from obd is complete in MED9 and not only engine managment, but you can not write another file with different HW and SW (or also only SW different) on your destination ecu because car dont start...different offset maps and different HW and SW

why bdm?

If you read via BDM you can write the file back to any ECU and i will work. You can also swap between software versions freely from an OBD read but you need to edit immo data.

24psi
15th March, 2013, 07:34 PM
I would copy/paste modified maps in winols.

eugen8
15th March, 2013, 07:42 PM
J_amb_o read again post nr.4

J_amb_o
16th March, 2013, 10:35 AM
Yes, I've read it. YOu can write a different software version to another MED9 ECU. I have done it many many times.