PDA

View Full Version : VU+ DUO & BLURAY FILES QUERY

clem58
11th March, 2013, 12:16 AM
I have a bluray video on my laptop. I also have a 750gb hdd connected to the back of my vu+ box. To day i tried to stream the movie from my laptop to the external hdd so that i could then add it to my internal hdd or watch it on ext hdd. But when i got to about 50% it wouldn't proceed any further. I know the problem is not being able to transfer bluray file due to size. So can you tell me if there is any way to load bluray files unto external hdd so i can view them through vu+. Would streaming work? I don't want to start watchin a vid if i can't see more than half of it.

Thanks in advance for replies guys.:)

digicon
11th March, 2013, 12:40 AM
I have a bluray video on my laptop. I also have a 750gb hdd connected to the back of my vu+ box. To day i tried to stream the movie from my laptop to the external hdd so that i could then add it to my internal hdd or watch it on ext hdd. But when i got to about 50% it wouldn't proceed any further. I know the problem is not being able to transfer bluray file due to size. So can you tell me if there is any way to load bluray files unto external hdd so i can view them through vu+. Would streaming work? I don't want to start watchin a vid if i can't see more than half of it.

Thanks in advance for replies guys.:)

You may struggle there buddy even the Hardware on my Solo2 cannot render the .M2TS file the hardware is just not capable so you can rule out the Duo as well

Regards

IAmATeaf
11th March, 2013, 10:53 AM
The copying to external HDD may be due to the drive being formatted in FAT32 which only supports max file sizes of 4gb. Either format the drive to NTFS or use the Duo to initialise the drive to ext3/ext4.

clem58
11th March, 2013, 11:52 PM
I will give it a go, hope it works.

digicon
12th March, 2013, 12:10 AM
I will give it a go, hope it works.

It still wont play the Blu ray .M2TS file structure the hardware is just not up to it, you could play a re-encode MKV HD file format due to the bitrate being reduced to around a quarter of the original file.

clem58
13th March, 2013, 08:31 PM
It still wont play the Blu ray .M2TS file structure the hardware is just not up to it, you could play a re-encode MKV HD file format due to the bitrate being reduced to around a quarter of the original file.

You give me hope, can you explain to me what you mean? i think i have an idea what your saying, just give me a bit of clarification.

cunny
13th March, 2013, 08:39 PM
He means use a video converter to re encode the file to mkv file format

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

clem58
13th March, 2013, 09:16 PM
thought as much, will do, thanks. :)

digicon
13th March, 2013, 09:20 PM
Or just download the movie already in MKV Format

clem58
15th March, 2013, 02:18 AM
Or just download the movie already in MKV Format

Would it be possible to split a file? if so how.

digicon
15th March, 2013, 02:24 AM
Would it be possible to split a file? if so how.

Do you mean Split an MKV file as they are normally around anything from 7.93gb up to around 20gb in size, would it not be easier to stream them from the original location ie: your PC

Guide here: http://www.techfleece.com/2011/06/18/how-to-split-mkv-files-using-mkvtoolnix/