11th March, 2013, 10:18 PM
Hi guys i have a superpad 3 coming real soon so have a few questions for you

Is it worth changing to a custom rom

Is rooting the same as flashing a new rom

Thanks in advance guys

Shady
11th March, 2013, 10:24 PM
yes its worth changing to a custom rom.

nope. rooting enables you to do stuff like change the rom..

NICETOBNICE
12th March, 2013, 08:41 AM
yes its worth changing to a custom rom.

nope. rooting enables you to do stuff like change the rom..

thanks shady i remember doing my old Sony phone and had a nightmare trying to find the correct information

don't suppose there's some guides for this particular model out there that you could point me in the right direction ?

Shady
14th March, 2013, 10:42 AM
To link you to a guide id need to know the model number and everything as chances are its a rebadged version of a different tablet..

NICETOBNICE
14th March, 2013, 07:27 PM
To link you to a guide id need to know the model number and everything as chances are its a rebadged version of a different tablet..
Thanks shady your the man

MODEL NUMBER
P001

ANDROID VERSION

KERNAL VERSION
2.6.35.7-INFOTM ROOT@ICE#126

BUILD NUMBER
GRI40

Shady
15th March, 2013, 11:19 AM
http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?1503-FlanFlingers-FunnyComb-beta-4

you can try that, it appears to be a flytouch 3, but to be brutally honest youve bought one of the crappest pads out that seems very susceptible to bricking

NICETOBNICE
15th March, 2013, 08:08 PM
http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?1503-FlanFlingers-FunnyComb-beta-4

you can try that, it appears to be a flytouch 3, but to be brutally honest youve bought one of the crappest pads out that seems very susceptible to bricking

lol thought so mate didnt no much about tablets if i'm honest payed 60 sheets for it the build quality is shocking compared to my wifes ipad and my sons prestigio ' the prestigio is top notch compared never mind you live and you learn:roflmao:

TheCoder
16th March, 2013, 01:16 AM
With these tablets, rooting is often most easily accomplished by putting the tablet into 'debug' mode and then connectin to a PC and using adb to replace the su executable on the tablet.

Changing rom is likely to be somewhat harder. Finding a compatible image for the chinese clones is damn near impossible and the manufacturers rarely supply enough source code to build anything useful.

jester56uk
28th March, 2013, 03:08 PM
yes its worth changing to a custom rom. but u did buy a crap one