PDA

View Full Version : ET9000 HDMI Problem

DW190
17th March, 2013, 04:40 PM
I've been trying to sort out an ET9000 HD for a mate which lost all channels.

Managed to get the channels sorted with Rats's Plugin from another forum.

Problem is I cannot get a connection using the HDMI. Works great with AV "Red White & Yellow".

Anyone any ideas what the problem could be?

cactikid
17th March, 2013, 06:10 PM
suppose the obvious thing was checked,picture set to hdmi,and the hdmi works on another unit,maybe damaged on box?

DW190
17th March, 2013, 07:02 PM
suppose the obvious thing was checked,picture set to hdmi,and the hdmi works on another unit,maybe damaged on box?

Thats what I'm thinking, had a look inside the box but it got the HDMI and ethernet on a single unit and sure its soldered in.

Thing is the quality of the picture on the av is spot on so not the greatest of problems.

Told the guy its to complicated for him so I'll give him an easy to use F3 and take this off his hands.

Is there a market for these heavy things?

cactikid
17th March, 2013, 07:14 PM
think yes as that may have come out around the vu duo time ,but needs the hdmi for the hd content,maybe others can comment further on parts etc.

digicon
18th March, 2013, 02:35 AM
I had one of these when they first came out it was a fantastic receiver and a Duo killer as it used the BCM7405 chipset the same as what is in the UNO and Ultimo so ahead of them by around a year.

Now the bad points the Tuner B port is Faulty by design at Manufacture it will not resolve SR 30000 correctly which does not effect any channel on 28.2? east but does on most other satellites, to resolve it you have to solder a uprated crystal to the tuner on the board not an easy task.

And if the HDMI port is blown then there's another problem.

DW190
18th March, 2013, 06:16 PM
which does not effect any channel on 28.2? east

And if the HDMI port is blown then there's another problem.

Thanks for the info.

Only used on 28.2 so tuner isn't a problem.

Can you elaborate on the HDMI port, it is dualed with the sata port.

Do you know if they are available to purchase and can they be replaced with a bit of soldering?

digicon
18th March, 2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info.

Only used on 28.2 so tuner isn't a problem.

Can you elaborate on the HDMI port, it is dualed with the sata port.

Do you know if they are available to purchase and can they be replaced with a bit of soldering?

Hi DW190,

I am sorry thats not something i am familiar with and if it is connected with the lan Port then surely the lan would not work either, Not too sure on the spare parts for these either all i know is the last time i looked over on the official support forum some guy was offering the crystal to repair the tuner.

So you could try the official support site and see if anything is available for the HDMI connector.

Regards

DW190
20th March, 2013, 09:05 AM
Hi DW190,

I am sorry thats not something i am familiar with and if it is connected with the lan Port then surely the lan would not work either, Not too sure on the spare parts for these either all i know is the last time i looked over on the official support forum some guy was offering the crystal to repair the tuner.

So you could try the official support site and see if anything is available for the HDMI connector.

Regards

My mistake, the port is HDMI & Sata.