PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going motorised

thegoat
17th March, 2013, 06:57 PM
Hi all i'm thinking of buying a motorised dish setup are these anygood:

100cm 1m MOTORISED SATELLITE DISH KIT + 0.1db TWIN LNB | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100cm-1m-MOTORISED-SATELLITE-DISH-KIT-0-1db-TWIN-LNB-/281055776777?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item41703ad009)

if not can you recommend 1 cheap as poss.

cheers

digicon
17th March, 2013, 07:07 PM

100cm 1m MOTORISED SATELLITE DISH KIT + 0.1db TWIN LNB | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100cm-1m-MOTORISED-SATELLITE-DISH-KIT-0-1db-TWIN-LNB-/281055776777?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item41703ad009)

cheers

Basically there is Cheap and then there is Cheap tat and what you linked to is the latter, my advice would be to put a little more to your budget say around ?130 and get something that will last from day one.

mdt
17th March, 2013, 07:09 PM

cheers

that will do the job fine and get you all the strong birds in all weathers... like anything in life you get what you pay for but if your source the stuff seperately then a tm2600,t,k and pole,inverto black ultra and td88 cable and clips will perform as good if not better and last alot longer without adding to much to the cost.regards mdt

thegoat
17th March, 2013, 07:46 PM
that will do the job fine and get you all the strong birds in all weathers... like anything in life you get what you pay for but if your source the stuff seperately then a tm2600,t,k and pole,inverto black ultra and td88 cable and clips will perform as good if not better and last alot longer without adding to much to the cost.regards mdt

Okey dokey just searched that lot so its a motor lnb whats a t, k and pole? And what dish would you put with it all? Links please if you can?

sent from my s3

dick b
18th March, 2013, 02:29 PM
this pic shows a gibertini 85cm dish on a TM 2300 motor mounted on a piece of scaffold pole between a pair of "T & Ks"

Google will find all you need

jaws2
18th March, 2013, 05:10 PM
check you have good view no trees buildings blocking your line of sight of the satellites.

nibblitz
19th March, 2013, 12:07 AM
Whatever you buy, and like already advised, the T&K bracket mounting is a must... Reason being, not just because its stronger but, unlike a fixed dish the pole the motor and dish mounts onto has to be perfectly plumb level, but the wall you put it all on wont be. The L mount in that kit is ideal for a fixed dish, but trying to get that plumb level for a motorised setup will be one hell of a ball ache, and probably so much so that after many hours of fettling you might just give up and make do, only then to find you cant get all satellites properly... So, just be sure that whatever price you pay for your dish, motor and LNB, dont try and save few quid with a cheap mount, get strong pole (scaffold ideal) and T&K brackets...

digicon
19th March, 2013, 02:27 AM
T&K's are the ideal solution but they are just as much ballache to get right first time the same as an 'L' shaped barcket, the only difference is with the T&K you have a fall back for what i would term front and back adjustment you still have no right or left adjustment so this has to be spot on first time

BigfatPaulie
19th March, 2013, 04:33 AM
Tks for me too... Unless you house faces south, you may need a pole that allows your dish to "see" over the roof or gutter - with tks you can use any length pole.

Sent using Tapatalk

thegoat
19th March, 2013, 09:16 PM
Are there's a point me house faces east......

sent from my s3

BigfatPaulie
19th March, 2013, 10:22 PM
Are there's a point me house faces east......

sent from my s3

South facing wall?

Sent using Tapatalk

Elric
19th March, 2013, 10:25 PM
you can go here to check the coverage

Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com (http://www.dishpointer.com/)

thegoat
20th March, 2013, 08:45 AM
South facing wall?

Sent using Tapatalk

Nope no south facing wall but.....

The rear extension is onle 1 storey high sticking out east from the house so of a dish was on there the it would be pointing south (i Think)

dick b
20th March, 2013, 11:30 AM
as"elric"has said use dishpointer.com you can place a pointer where you want the dish on your house and then choose all the sats you want in turn and it will tell you if you have "line of sight"

BigfatPaulie
20th March, 2013, 05:53 PM
I have dish pointer on my phone, and then holding it where the dish is going gives you a virtual reality view of what's what... Ideally you want a mount dead south with a view to the horizon east and west, but this is rarely possible - so you compromise best you can.

Sent using Tapatalk

thegoat
22nd March, 2013, 03:13 PM
Yep gonna get dishpointer and sit on me roof:)

sent from my s3