PDA

View Full Version : Nexiq USB Link Trouble

franklopez
18th March, 2013, 04:53 AM
I have a Nexiq USB Link that when I plug it in gives me an error that it is not reconized. I tried re-installing the driver but not working still. Other USB Link do work on my comp though. Any ideas of what broke

cyph8r1975
18th March, 2013, 07:24 AM
I have a Nexiq USB Link that when I plug it in gives me an error that it is not reconized. I tried re-installing the driver but not working still. Other USB Link do work on my comp though. Any ideas of what broke

Have you tried on another computer????
Still have guarantee for that one???
If you still have it first test the interface on another computer before sending it....
If you don't have it the best way to see what is wrong is to open the Interface and take a look if there is something visible damaged....

Schoolbus Tech
18th March, 2013, 09:54 AM

I had the same problem last year loaned mine to a guy at work he must have shut the usb cable in the door of the vehicle and broke the cable ,so try another cable also .

franklopez
18th March, 2013, 03:59 PM
I tried it on another computer and I tried switching the cable with another working one and nothing. I tried another one on my comp and it worked. I opened it up, found where the usb cable plugs in had cracked sodders so I had it repaired but still the same. It has no warranty, its a couple years old

Schoolbus Tech
19th March, 2013, 03:44 AM
Snapon has a repair program for Nexiq they own Nexiq
I believe it costs 150 US dollars and they will fix what ever is wrong . If you have a Snapon dealer that might be the cheaper way out .
My Snapon Dealer told me about this .

Mxx20
20th March, 2013, 12:41 PM
If you go to nexiq's web site and call them, get a RMA number you can send it back that way. i had to do it for my shop we had several that were dead.

rp1210a
20th March, 2013, 01:55 PM
My guess is that the repair of the USB port was not done properly. Was it replaced with a new one or just resoldered? Its very common for them to break there and the only right fix is to replace the USB port with a new one.

franklopez
21st March, 2013, 01:31 AM
I believe it was only resoldered and apparently the guy replaced some other internals

nycautodiags
30th March, 2013, 01:15 AM
Hi:)
Contact Snap On Nexiq.....Get an Rma# 150$ between shipping & repairs....if the board is toast....$276 with shipping....i went thru this allready...

Snap-On
2950 Waterview
Rochester Hills
Mi,48309
USA

1-248 -293-8259

Just call...get RMA# ship out....they will contact you...give them all your info....address...cell #..shop #....2 weeks max...you get it back