PDA

View Full Version : P1723 on opel astra h

gccb
19th March, 2013, 08:50 PM
hi
i got P1723 when reading gerbox control module, car won't start and displays F on dashboard.
Can somebody share a solution regarding this problem?
regerds.

budG60
19th March, 2013, 09:45 PM
Probably an easytronic?
Could be a locked shifting mechanism or weak motor.
Just remove it and check if still can move properly.

gccb
19th March, 2013, 10:03 PM
yes easytronic, but p1723 refer to a gear selector problem,not?

electrones
19th March, 2013, 10:28 PM
yes easytronic, but p1723 refer to a gear selector problem,not?

Hi friend

CHecks the main control relay transmission is ok

good luck

ominimicu
20th March, 2013, 01:47 AM
NONONONO trust me! i replaced A lot of these ! camshaft or cranckshaft sensor 100% that one of them is Dead. this is a tipical Opel fault with easytronic.

Trust me you will thank me

Meat-Head
20th March, 2013, 08:26 AM
What is battery goltage at?

gccb
25th June, 2013, 05:23 PM
hi
thanks for your answers, i think it's not a camshaft or crankshaft problem, i read engine memory and thre is one fault "check gear box" starter is not running because blocked by ecm, voltage is ok,got the famous p1723-08 activeselect tip switches signal range/performance.
any help?

ominimicu
25th June, 2013, 06:09 PM
I got the samee...starter wouldnt turn..and wash cranck or camshaft sensor..i believe crank..just google a bit.

gccb
26th June, 2013, 10:08 AM
have you got P1723 as fault code??

marusca
26th June, 2013, 07:43 PM
you need to adapt the parameters of gearbox, i belive you can do with op-com

genius76
27th June, 2013, 08:31 AM
Hope it is helps for understand
And always don't forget brushes on clutch motor

skrubal
1st July, 2013, 04:16 PM
genius76 is right for brushes motor of the clutch then adjust the gear selector to the middle position and drop in adaptation op-com.

gccb
27th October, 2013, 12:17 PM
still have big problem with this car which refuses to start, when i try to adapt gear parameters with opcom all ok opcom ask me to jack up the car and hold brake and start then i got starter on for 1s and cuts and lose communication with engine ecu , ihave to disconnect and reconnect battery to communicate with engine management.
please help me on this strange story

Meat-Head
27th October, 2013, 01:11 PM
got starter on for 1s and cuts and lose communication with engine ecu , ihave to disconnect and reconnect battery to communicate with engine management.

Well looking at the date this thread was started and the date now, and the number of your downloads and number of thanks, using a corrupt copy of brain.exe data comes back to say

"short the self starter with a potato fork" Report back

genius76
27th October, 2013, 02:16 PM
Well looking at the date this thread was started and the date now, and the number of your downloads and number of thanks, using a corrupt copy of brain.exe data comes back to say

"short the self starter with a potato fork" Report back On my words try to disconnect starter when fid up him from another er source when start engine possible somewhere you get short that under loud voltage when spin starter occurs, or if after reconnect battery tray put some battery checker with starter loud improviser when se what happens possible if somewhere bad contact or minus you ecu again cuts off so if u not get again communication you know that bad minus or feed contacts

gccb
27th October, 2013, 02:42 PM
I checked all contacts ok, i can see ecu is locked by can, if i disconnect battery i got communication again, i tried to short starter relay and same, engine spins and no cranck because locked ecu. what the hell. i sent it for opel dealer and they found nothing, they suggest to replace all.
any idea??
if engine is locked due to cam or crancksahft sensor a dtc will appear on scanner, i got only generator lamp fault , fan relay and P1700 easytronic service soon, in easytronic i got parameters not learned and i can't learn because impossible to sart and got other fault intermitent "brake switch "

smirnoff_rules
27th October, 2013, 02:55 PM
Vauxhall Workshop Manuals > Astra H > K Clutch and Transmission > Manual Transmission Front Wheel Drive > Manual Transmission F 10/F 13/F 15/F 17, Easytronic F 13/F 17/M 20 > Diagnostic Information and Procedures > Diagnostic Procedures > MTA (Easytr (http://vauxhall.workshop-manuals.com/astra-h/index.php?id=6874) vauxhall says its this fault for that code

ActiveSelect Tip Switches Signal Range/Performance

The control unit recognises the malfunction of the circuit via an internal evaluation logic.
Signal is out of range

Effect:

The following functions are locked:
Steering wheel remote control

Concerned Terminals:

gccb
30th October, 2013, 07:55 PM
back again with this strange car, if i disconnect fuse n21 and short starter relay car almost starting, with live data i can see correct engine rpm and hall sensor.
from where is the message F ?, in the underhood electrical system i can see terminal 15a malfunction, could it be guilty?

Dunker
30th October, 2013, 10:40 PM
Had the same sort(ish) of thing the other week. What do the data lines look like. Mine had CAN low baseline dropping to 2.5 to 1.3 volts with the waveform distorted. CAN high was mint. I scoped the lines by breaking in just outside the ECU. Turned out to be the engine ECU itself (data lines cleaned up as soon as ECU CAN low was cut). Check the CAN waveforms at each module. Oh, and as always, connect a proper bolted good earth direct from the battery to a bolt on the starter (nowhere else!) - cures a lot of strange faults on modern junk.