PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ solo 2 recording?

justin4real
21st March, 2013, 02:10 PM
Hello guys,

Just a quick question before I buy this new box. Is it true I can record things like movies and other shows just like I can on sky using the epg guide?

As I wanna make sure before I buy the solo 2 as current box I have to set channel and start an finish times.

Regards in advance

hayd0n
21st March, 2013, 02:13 PM
Yes mate u can

justin4real
21st March, 2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks that just makes my life a lot more easy as mrs don't need to ask me again once if arrives:wink:

obskure
27th December, 2013, 02:40 AM
Digging up an old thread guys. Sorry. Don't want to create a new one for this question!
Basically, I was wondering if I can share the media/hdd/movie folder to a mount point on a Windows server?
I have movies, TV shows, music etc. already, and I would also like to have recordings from my Vu+ solo 2 (Vix) in the same share. I want to view recordings on XBMC.
I know I can do it the other way and mount my Windows share on the Vu+ box but I'm being awkward :-)
Thanks in advance...

digicon
27th December, 2013, 10:51 AM
Yes you most certainly can the Solo2 should be seen by default by any Windows 7/8 machine as long as the folders you are using are set to share

obskure
27th December, 2013, 12:43 PM
Therein lies my problem, digicon. I can't see the Vu+ from the server, whereas I could see my Amiko. I'm still finding my way around the Vix image...

cactikid
27th December, 2013, 02:43 PM
you might have to setup samba on your vu so that it can be seen on your network.
menu-setup-system-network-samba setup ,all that is on the vix image.

digicon
27th December, 2013, 07:32 PM
As Cactikid explained as i do not use the Vix image it is already on by default on Blackhole image

obskure
27th December, 2013, 10:00 PM
Guys, thanks for the replies! It was down to me, rather than the box or image. In my trials, I had activated samba but forgot to add "smb://..." instead of http://. Rookie mistake. I only copped it when I added the file path to ES File Explorer. I should be able to add it to XBMC now. Thanks for help!