PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to get all the channels on freesat that are available on free view

addie580
21st March, 2013, 09:11 PM
hi i live in a area that struggles to receive free view signals so my only options is to have virgin, sky or freesat. Being the tight and not wanting to pay the monthly fees to sky or virgin i am left with freesat but i am finding i can not get all the channels advertised on free view. is there any way to get these additional channels on freesat with out the need to pay a monthly subscription fee ?

Merliin
21st March, 2013, 09:31 PM
Not at the moment but after Astra 2E launches in June this year with a footprint only covering the UK it is possible that Quest,Dave,4Music,Yesterday ect will join FreeSat.

ramjet
21st March, 2013, 11:15 PM
freesat and freeview are 2 completely different markets and technologies and have never had the same channel lineup (neither has vermin cable either)

I suppose one day it may all converge into the same on all platforms, but I very much doubt it myself

rigsby71
22nd March, 2013, 12:21 AM
Some of these you see on Freeview are actually pay channels on satellite....so yes...you can get them , but you have to pay for them on satellite...reason being about the footprint covering more than just the UK, whereas the freeview signal is pretty much UK only.

It's the same with RTE in Ireland, available for free on the Irish Freeview system, but pay channels on satellite as we in the UK are not meant to watch Irish tv.