PDA

View Full Version : Can I stream different channels vu+ duo

aziman
21st March, 2013, 10:34 PM
Rightio, I've worked out how to stream through vlc player, and works fine, however, on my vu+ duo you can only watch the same channel. Eg, if I watch bbc1 through vlc player upstairs, that means the person downstairs can only watch bbc1.

Any way I can watch different channel downstairs? Using vix 2.2.1

Oh, am new to this:wink:

digicon
21st March, 2013, 10:46 PM
I am not too sure if the Vix image has anything like the Blackhole image with tuner server which allows you to add the tuners to a PC,PS3 etc...

aziman
21st March, 2013, 10:48 PM
I do have twin tuner?

brione
21st March, 2013, 11:04 PM
Make sure you have open webif installed in plugins on box, then on your pc type in the ip address of your box into your web browser. You will then see your bouquets and can watch another channel than is on box. Just click the small tv icon on right hand of screen and it will ask you which program to launch stream just choose vlc.

Hope this helps

aziman
21st March, 2013, 11:09 PM
Make sure you have open webif installed in plugins on box, then on your pc type in the ip address of your box into your web browser. You will then see your bouquets and can watch another channel than is on box. Just click the small tv icon on right hand of screen and it will ask you which program to launch stream just choose vlc.

Hope this helps
Where do I get open webif? Can I get this of google? Will try tomorrow and see what happens.

Will inform you.

Cheers

aziman
21st March, 2013, 11:10 PM
Sorry meant to how do I get this on vu box?

aziman
21st March, 2013, 11:18 PM
Just checked I don't have it. It just says webinterface

brione
21st March, 2013, 11:32 PM
I Think the web interface works in a similar way? just type your box ip in to your web browser and see what happens.

You should find open webif in software management or you will get it via tspanel.

manster
21st March, 2013, 11:42 PM
When you set up tuner B set it as " EQUAL TO TUNER A "

aziman
22nd March, 2013, 11:17 AM
I Think the web interface works in a similar way? just type your box ip in to your web browser and see what happens.

You should find open webif in software management or you will get it via tspanel.

it not showing on my box. does this mean I have to download and set it up through usb

brione
22nd March, 2013, 05:00 PM
Just google openwebif ipk and you will find it on numerous sites you may have to sign up to forums to download but it is just another way to broaden your knowledge of enigma2.

cheers

manster
22nd March, 2013, 06:49 PM
enable SAMBA in set up/ system / network . is what I do and then you can find you box by entering the ip on any computer on the network.

RuberDuck
22nd March, 2013, 09:12 PM
Rightio, I've worked out how to stream through vlc player, and works fine, however, on my vu+ duo you can only watch the same channel. Eg, if I watch bbc1 through vlc player upstairs, that means the person downstairs can only watch bbc1.

Any way I can watch different channel downstairs? Using vix 2.2.1

Oh, am new to this:wink:

ViX 2.2.1 is severely out of date, so much so that i'd go as far as saying it's obsolete.

try a newer build such as 3.0-632.

asad5150
23rd March, 2013, 01:33 AM
yes you can watch different channel on pc then what is on tv. you need to make sure u have two wires going to the input on the satelelite input at back of box. then use the web interface and watch whatever u want

RuberDuck
23rd March, 2013, 12:36 PM
yes you can watch different channel on pc then what is on tv. you need to make sure u have two wires going to the input on the satelelite input at back of box. then use the web interface and watch whatever u want

you can watch upto 6 or more separate channels streamed via a PC or other device.

asad5150
25th March, 2013, 01:28 AM
you can watch upto 6 or more separate channels streamed via a PC or other device.
to watch 6 they need to be on same transponder though

aziman
26th March, 2013, 10:10 PM
Ok, firstly, thanks to everyone who replied. Secondly, I have know downloaded openwebif and web interface. And thirdly, I still can't get it to work. Going to leave it for time being.