PDA

View Full Version : C4 1.6 HDI Overboost ?

lucim12
25th March, 2013, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone ,

i have a problem
Recently have removed dpf, egr and back resonator. Now I get an over boost code when accelerating flat out. I have hoked the car up on Lexia for a live data run and the turbo pressure goes past 2.5 bar at 2200 rpm which i think for this engine max is 2.2-2.4.
On edc15 have heard that the turbo vanes need to be adjusted after dpf removal is it the same with edc16 or am i missing something ales?

flyins
25th March, 2013, 11:54 PM
Yes you can manually turn down the actuator by turning the actuator rod, you wont need to turn it much though so just take your time, there easier enough on the 1.6 hdi.You can also look on actual and demand on boost pressure and adjust, this is the cheapest and easiest route. Ive not had to do this after dpf removal, but have had to do this after replacing turbos with recon units as they have not been set up.

lucim12
26th March, 2013, 09:51 AM
Yes did turned the actuator rod 5-6 full turns as a temporary solution, but still in 5th at 80 mph engine light comes back. Best way I think is to adjust turbo maps which in this ecu I don't know the address for.

flyins
27th March, 2013, 12:39 AM
Yes mapping it out good solution, but finding a good tuner without fee is hard to find mate, if i could help you i would my friend