PDA

View Full Version : Sky original card on 7020

muti
21st May, 2008, 12:21 AM
I have a DB 7020 and an original Sky card. Which cam should i use to watch it ? Will i be able to automatically update the card with my box? Thanks.

krazylegz
21st May, 2008, 07:12 AM
newcs together will read your card however it wont let you write to it so will need putting back in original receiver foe it to update every 6 weeks or so, CCcam will also read and i'm sureit writes to it too, someone will correct me if i'm wrong m8

SatSearching
21st May, 2008, 09:05 PM
CCCam should do the biz for you, keeps my card awake and no pairing required using a 7025! I even left my card unused for about 2 months and cccam woke it up.

SS

metall1
21st May, 2008, 11:36 PM
I have a DB 7020 and an original Sky card. Which cam should i use to watch it ? Will i be able to automatically update the card with my box? Thanks.

CCcam will read your nds card directly and update it without having to touch the config, just install, activate and away you go.

satking321
8th June, 2008, 06:47 PM
HI I HAVE CCcam9 will read your nds card directly and update it without having to touch the config, just install, activate and away you go

Neil
14th June, 2008, 04:38 AM
CCCam should do the biz for you, keeps my card awake and no pairing required using a 7025! I even left my card unused for about 2 months and cccam woke it up.

SS

What about stopping them turning the card off? How do you do that?

krazylegz
14th June, 2008, 11:02 AM
you cant stop it being disabled neil m8.

it needs to go back into a original receiver every 6 weeks or so for it to download the card entitlements to it, or put it a reader of a aftermarket box which can read/write to the card, but either way if the sub doesnt get paid the card will get de-activated and will only become a FTV card

SatSearching
16th June, 2008, 08:31 PM
What about stopping them turning the card off? How do you do that?

I stop them turning the card off by paying the subscription! It's not a case of stopping sky switch it off, it's a case of keeping the card active (awake)!

But as I say cccam, will handle the entitlements and keep the card active in a "non badged sky box"

Not really illegal but sky doesnt like it (despite them breaking euro rules and not providing a hardware cam so you can use their card on a non sky box).

I'm happy to pay basic subs to sky, but not happy using it in a box they provide as they prove to be very unreliable and unflexable for me.

SS

Saltire
20th June, 2008, 05:24 AM
I stop them turning the card off by paying the subscription! It's not a case of stopping sky switch it off, it's a case of keeping the card active (awake)!

But as I say cccam, will handle the entitlements and keep the card active in a "non badged sky box"

Not really illegal but sky doesnt like it (despite them breaking euro rules and not providing a hardware cam so you can use their card on a non sky box).

I'm happy to pay basic subs to sky, but not happy using it in a box they provide as they prove to be very unreliable and unflexable for me.

SS
but whats the point in paying for the channels if your trying to hack it ? i dont get you

<--Thomson added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...-->

ohh after reading again, does it mean that by keeping the card active that you can use the other methods and gives full sky package etc ??? i think i see what your saying now

SatSearching
22nd June, 2008, 08:14 PM
No, I am not hacking anything, I can only view what I pay for.

I just prefer to use a linux based satellite box to watch sky as the dreambox has MANY other advantages.

SS

but whats the point in paying for the channels if your trying to hack it ? i dont get you

<--Thomson added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...-->

ohh after reading again, does it mean that by keeping the card active that you can use the other methods and gives full sky package etc ??? i think i see what your saying now