PDA

View Full Version : Which vu box

saj87
26th March, 2013, 11:58 PM
Hey guys..looking for some advice.. I'm looking to upgrade my dreambox to a vu box.. But I'm not sure on which one to go for... Here's what I'm looking for

A box which can record/rewind/pause
Record more than one channel at once
Supports plug ins Eg BBC I player 4od

Any suggestions on what to get.?

septicsmurf
27th March, 2013, 07:41 AM
The solo2 can do all those things and more. You need a usb pen drive are hdd installed in order to use timeshift though.

rjhmk
7th April, 2013, 07:39 AM
The PrismCube (http://www.prismcube.com/) box will be available in the next months .
Vu+ solo2, Vu duo2 = mipsel architeture = enigma2
Vu+ PrismCube = arm architeture = XBMC

prismCUbe will be something new and revolutionary

boyofford
7th April, 2013, 01:19 PM
I've recently got a solo2 and I'm happy with it however for viewing media library prefer xbmc on my raspberry pi. For what you've mentioned the solo2 is more than power full enough.
I wouldn't get a uno or duo as in the future I can see new stuff not being run able on these boxes as new plugins etc will hopefully take advantage of the greater processing power.
The duo2 should come out soon as well as the prism thingy, I may sell my box and upgrade to one of these depending on price and how good they actually are.
I'm not sure if mgcamd etc have any equivalents on the prism though as it is going to be a very different beast, though based on open source software so anything possible with will to create it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

DOUGALMCD
8th April, 2013, 11:31 AM
Hey guys..looking for some advice.. I'm looking to upgrade my dreambox to a vu box.. But I'm not sure on which one to go for... Here's what I'm looking for

A box which can record/rewind/pause
Record more than one channel at once
Supports plug ins Eg BBC I player 4od

Any suggestions on what to get.?
Vu Duo Vu Uno twin tuner Vu Ultimo Vu Solo 2 All meets the needs you ask for.

septicsmurf
9th April, 2013, 08:23 AM
At the moment it has to be the solo2. It meets all your requirements, with a few extras thrown in.
Personally, I find the transcoding o be a god send.
For a sports mad bloke with 2 little un's, I no longer have to be home or rely on crappy streams to catch the game.
Just watch it on my tablet or phone on the go. Happy days.