PDA

View Full Version : FGTECH 2 and visteon ecu, strange problem.

camil
28th March, 2013, 02:21 AM
Hi.

I have a fgtech v50 silver box, when i try to program the ecu of my own car something strange happens.

I connect to obd, key on contact, and contact on.

Get ecu data, fine.

Open file (tuned one with corrected checksum), it detects fine and no problem with checksum.

Then i go to the flashing procedure....

Click write file, sw asks me to switch contact off and wait. I do, and red progress bar grows.

Sw asks me to click ok and switch contact on, i do, and it starts uploading the file to the ecu, it takes 9':50'' aprox.

No problem reported by sw, it asksfor switch off contact and wait again, i do, new red progress bar, two times, one slow and one fast.

After all procedure without errors i have a Ecu programmed OK message, but when i disconnect fgtech and try the new tune, i realize the car remains stock, sw lied me, ecu was not really flashed, even it did all the process.

This FGTECH had some components changed, 74hc14 and hef40106 ICs, also have played with the resistors near relay (kline pullup) but i think now are original.

Anyone know why the hell the ecu does not accept the flash if all process is done correctly? Maybe fault because of some component bad or bad soldered?

I must say the fgtech works super with a EDC15C2 for example. I think i haven't messed with any component related the ford PWM protocol.

Any clue will be of great help. I'm starting to think my ecu model is uncompatible, because i flashed a friends car time ago with another visteon (ford focus 1.8 tddi like mine) and car accepted the tune file at first try with same procedure described above.

Thanks in advance ;)
Camilo.

camil
28th March, 2013, 08:41 PM
Please someone who knows well the FG2 internals, what can be wrong? The visteon is PWM.

I tried today to read on bench an EDC16u34 and couldn't read, got "Changing speed error", tried also a EDC17 TC1766 from toyota in bootmode and read/write perfect.

Any help will be welcomed.

Tested a friend's FG2 on my car and it even cannot put the ecu in programming mode. Please help. :-(

Nice day
Camilo.

mexanico1971
29th March, 2013, 05:47 AM
what voltage do you have in K-LINE ?!
are trying to read on the bench to ?!

BR !

z786
29th March, 2013, 07:14 PM
Please someone who knows well the FG2 internals, what can be wrong? The visteon is PWM.

I tried today to read on bench an EDC16u34 and couldn't read, got "Changing speed error", tried also a EDC17 TC1766 from toyota in bootmode and read/write perfect.

Any help will be welcomed.

Tested a friend's FG2 on my car and it even cannot put the ecu in programming mode. Please help. :-(

Nice day
Camilo.

edc16 will not read on bench

camil
29th March, 2013, 07:57 PM
what voltage do you have in K-LINE ?!
are trying to read on the bench to ?!

BR !

You mean while programming the ecu?

The visteon is in the car, the pins are so fat that my fgtech boot cable cannot fit on them to get it pinned and i can't try to read/write it on bench. I should make an adapter for it.

Why do you think kline voltage is important? I think this ecu does not use it.

Thanks for your answer ;)
Camilo

motorsport
29th March, 2013, 08:32 PM
never succed to read this ecu by boot cable

mexanico1971
30th March, 2013, 12:10 AM
of course that vistion is CAN !
but 16U think is K-line

veloseeped
30th March, 2013, 12:14 AM

PWM in G2 is a separate dedicated interface using two "dummy" MAX481CSA line tranceivers.
J1850 PWM protocol is realized inside software and G2 CPU firmware.
It has no common electronic components with K-line, BDM or CAN interfaces.

camil
30th March, 2013, 12:46 AM
So problem is in the ecu model in my car?

I guess if i haven't touched anything around the pwm interface, and it works fine for reading my ecu, g2 is good and maybe sw does not properly support my visteon ecu.

Thanks veloseeped for clarify this a bit ;)

camil
31st March, 2013, 08:08 PM
================================================== =================================
Seems i may have a wiring problem, tested my g2 over a friend's focus and his ecu programmed perfectly.

Have to check my harness for a faulty pin.

Interesting thing happend, i put one of my working ecus in my friend's car and i tried programming on his car.

Result is curious, ecu seems it got programmed, but when i fit back in my car inmo light flashes, is like programming my ecu in his car corrupted some way inmo data :))

Never though g2 would deal in any way with inmo data.
================================================== ==================================================

Finally the above is not 100% true, my ecu programmed in my friend's car remains stock and no immo corrupt, maybe a false contact in my car. So my visteon ecu cannot be flashed by galletto 2.

Nice day
Camilo

Boras
1st April, 2013, 08:37 AM
PWM in G2 is a separate dedicated interface using two "dummy" MAX481CSA line tranceivers.
J1850 PWM protocol is realized inside software and G2 CPU firmware.
It has no common electronic components with K-line, BDM or CAN interfaces.

You have complete schematic of G2?

heteromies
1st April, 2013, 02:56 PM
Hi.

I have a fgtech v50 silver box, when i try to program the ecu of my own car something strange happens.

I connect to obd, key on contact, and contact on.

Get ecu data, fine.

Open file (tuned one with corrected checksum), it detects fine and no problem with checksum.

Then i go to the flashing procedure....

Click write file, sw asks me to switch contact off and wait. I do, and red progress bar grows.

Sw asks me to click ok and switch contact on, i do, and it starts uploading the file to the ecu, it takes 9':50'' aprox.

Thanks in advance ;)
Camilo.

Why you close dashboard after open tuned file to flashing? When popup comes, just click ok, then write file to ecu. Ending wait 10 sek, close dashboard, wait another 10 sec, click ok. Start dashboard fgtech read ecu data again left window. Now your car is ready to go....

..........thats way i do. Is here any same like me?!?

camil
1st April, 2013, 07:24 PM
I switch contact off as requested by the popup, i do exactly same on my friend's ecu and it get programmed.

One thing i noticed is, after flasing the file, my dashboard continues full of ----- and all warning lights on, and in my friend's car after programming, even before waiting the required 10 seconds it removes ----- and goes to numbers showing trip and total kilometers. Mine remains all ------ until i switch off contact.

I'm starting to guess there's a protocol or communication problem with my ecu and the galletto software.

I noticed also that if i click repeatedly on ecu info sometimes it read the info corrupted.

Maybe i need to spray contact cleaner on ecu connector to see if that makes difference.

My next step is change max481csa and pray. How would i like a ****ing software update for this clone :))

heteromies
1st April, 2013, 08:15 PM
I switch contact off as requested by the popup, i do exactly same on my friend's ecu and it get programmed.

One thing i noticed is, after flasing the file, my dashboard continues full of ----- and all warning lights on, and in my friend's car after programming, even before waiting the required 10 seconds it removes ----- and goes to numbers showing trip and total kilometers. Mine remains all ------ until i switch off contact.

Popup notice mean " when reading=save file to pc, to that(close dashboard and open dashboard) before start writing tuned file". BUT you have done this earlier, when taked backup from ecu? So when gonna write tuned file, click ecu info and then writing, etc.....

Why you should click ecu data first, then power off dashboard and start again writing? You loose everything....
Thats is my opinion and i do so. You do what you like ^^

Is both car exactly same ecu(driver selection)??!?!

camil
1st April, 2013, 08:18 PM
Yes both car ecu are visteon PWM, both use same driver, and my ecu readout is fine 320kb and content read is ok.

camil
1st April, 2013, 08:28 PM
If i don't switch of daschboard when program popup asks to do so, ecu doesn' even enter programming mode, not show ------ in the dash and program aborts operation.

camil
1st April, 2013, 08:51 PM
Something strange is going on, now i cannot even read ecu. Ids ok, but spits error at 6% when reading. :-?

heteromies
1st April, 2013, 09:06 PM
If i don't switch of daschboard when program popup asks to do so, ecu doesn' even enter programming mode, not show ------ in the dash and program aborts operation.

Are you gonna read ecu=save to pc... or just "read" ecu data? Ecu data, then you should do writing also.

Your car running, can you drive a car? Or is ecu fail....

camil
1st April, 2013, 10:45 PM
Ecu data works fine.

Ecu read and save, failed. Stop at 6%

Ecu write completes ok without errors but ecu is not flashed.

Car works perfectly, no problems and no DTCs.

heteromies
2nd April, 2013, 10:07 AM
Ecu data works fine.

Ecu read and save, failed. Stop at 6%

Ecu write completes ok without errors but ecu is not flashed.

Car works perfectly, no problems and no DTCs.

If saving wont work, do not write tuned file. Maybe your ecu is different than others somehow... SO check ecu model from ecu label(marked ecu box)

camil
2nd April, 2013, 10:16 AM
No, you didn't understand me, read ecu and save worked always, is just today when it does not work.

I have full backup of the flash readed by desolder and programmer. And have read and saved many times before.

The problem right now is i cannot write the modded flash by OBD.

I think i must recheck all the wiring harness. Looks like false contact. I changed the ecu with other of the remaining 2 i have, and now reads and save fine again, but still cannot write to the ecu. This is wierd.

btw labels in ecu are: DPC-658, 2S4A-12a650-MB, MAK1. All 3 ecus i have are same.

barti122
22nd April, 2013, 08:47 AM
have foto how connetion visteon boxer . i have piasini and galletto 2 but no foto how connetion