PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Ultima

enviedenigma
29th March, 2013, 08:46 PM
Hi All, I've been offered A fully fitted/installed system Vu+ Ultimo. 4 sat tuners built in, 2tb hard drive. 80cm motorised dish with 4 satellite feeds.
For ?500
Is this a good deal and is there anything I need to know?! Thank you

manxspud
29th March, 2013, 08:55 PM
Well i know you can buy a Vu+ ultimo with 1tb hdd 3 sat tuners installed for ?450 new ... So if everything is in good working order a extra ?50 for the dish with motor / extra tuner / added 1tb hdd and setting up seems a good deal to me :)

enviedenigma
29th March, 2013, 09:03 PM
Forgot to mention +?9 a month, I suspect that is for the c/sharing. Is that right?
Also, are the systems easy to use?

manxspud
29th March, 2013, 09:22 PM
Can't comment on the ?9 goes against the whole principal to be honest.

As for ease of use there is some learning involved to run your system ... read through the threads on Enigma 2 boxes ... personally i didn't find it to hard to get the hang of linux sat receivers when i moved over from my old tm5400 some yrs back.

Probs best to be aware that DK frowns upon cs chat :)

enviedenigma
3rd April, 2013, 04:47 PM
Just been to see one of these setup and fully operational, very impressive! But why would I not just go for a B/media box which will plug directly into my existing sky dish?

dell_xps
3rd April, 2013, 05:32 PM
The Ultimo can plug right into yer sly dish m8 :-)

enviedenigma
3rd April, 2013, 06:13 PM
Oh can it? I didn't know that?!!!! Obviously I'll just be able to get
sky channels?! I'll need Internet connection tho....do it accommodate wifi?

dell_xps
3rd April, 2013, 07:36 PM
Sure does m8, should come with an original Vu wifi dongle :-)

enviedenigma
4th April, 2013, 07:39 PM
Im just about to buy this. is this the right one? theres an option for a tb hard drive fir an extra ?80 is that a good deal and they said they would install a chiice of firmware.Advise please?
VU+ Ultimo HD PVR Triple DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Satellite Receiver (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Plus-Ultimo-HD-PVR-Triple-Tuner-DVB-S-S2-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receiver)

digicon
4th April, 2013, 10:38 PM
Im just about to buy this. is this the right one? theres an option for a tb hard drive fir an extra ?80 is that a good deal and they said they would install a chiice of firmware.Advise please?
VU+ Ultimo HD PVR Triple DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Satellite Receiver (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Plus-Ultimo-HD-PVR-Triple-Tuner-DVB-S-S2-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receiver)

A 1tb drive costs around ?50 new but if your unsure about the install part then ?30 to install it and make sure its working with an image of your choice seems fair as the drive will be under warranty with the Ultimo as long as you dont touch it so if it goes wrong you just return the whole unit.

dell_xps
5th April, 2013, 05:15 PM
?30 to fit a hard drive, Im def in the wrong job, why is this world full of people trying to rip people off, ****s me off that does.
Jesus yer buying a ?400 setup from them surely they would supply the HD at cost and fit it for free.
I'd tell them to spin on it m8, buy the hard drive yourself, fit it, and install an image onto it yourself, it's not rocket science, and don't let anybody tell you any different, rant over for the day !!