PDA

View Full Version : Clone or original

DARRENHGV
31st March, 2013, 07:21 PM
Im thinking of buying a clone and it says China version latest takes all images with no patch or old drivers
Its got the vix 3.0 image on it does this mean i will be safe updating and installing things from the image its ?116+?10 to deliver.
how much can you get an original for is it much more if not can someone point me in the right direction
Is it worth lashing out extra for the original ,i don,t play about with my boxes to much once there up an running.
Thanks for any advice

DOUGALMCD
1st April, 2013, 10:15 AM
If it's clone solo you want then buy it or you could buy it from china for ?85 delivered. There are plenty of threads on clone or genuine so if it's down to cost decision is yours although most people start of with clone and work their way to genuine. Solo and Duo are getting on a bit though age wise. hth Solo>Duo>Uno>Ultimo>Solo 2.

billy2
5th April, 2013, 02:21 AM
If it's clone solo you want then buy it or you could buy it from china for ?85 delivered. There are plenty of threads on clone or genuine so if it's down to cost decision is yours although most people start of with clone and work their way to genuine. Solo and Duo are getting on a bit though age wise. hth Solo>Duo>Uno>Ultimo>Solo 2.

are the clone getting any better ???? are they still having problems with psu and so on ???

mapex
5th April, 2013, 04:36 PM
Just bought a new one last night...I have a vu duo and not had one problem looking forward to getting it set up.
Clones.....dunno much about but I'd go for the 85 from China n set it up ursell..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

cactikid
5th April, 2013, 10:27 PM
clone duo bag of crap psu issues etc,solo clones seem ok as others have them,how long do you want your box to last i would be thinking.

happy_highlander
5th April, 2013, 11:10 PM
As daft as this sounds make sure you get a genuine clone if you decide to go down the clone route. And if you go duo clone open up the box and make sure all the plugs are securely plugged into the board or you may end up with a bag of crap as mentioned by cacti. There haven't really been any issues with the duo clone for while now and the solo's are a safe bet. However in saying that I'm not a fan of the v3.2 versions they still seem to be a bit buggy. Ferrari V2 solo are very solid and stable on a ferrari image, It's just a pity you can't get them new and have to get the v3.2. I did only run the v3.2 for about a fortnight though so they may settle down over time when they aren't being continually messed with. Just for the record I found that using a v2 safe image on the v3.2 was more stable than the v3 safe or original oe1.6

mapex
8th April, 2013, 11:45 AM
I did buy a clone from China a few years back db800hd think it was, it worked well and arrived no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2