PDA

View Full Version : channel stutter

skinterz
21st May, 2008, 01:17 PM
alright

i got a sagem dbox not sure if its 1 or 2 ,and everything used to work until i had to input keys and ive just had it back from a mate of mine whos had a look at it too see the problem ...all the channels work exept the discovery and sky sports channels ...what i find strange is that on some of the channels the plus 1ns work but not the first channel ...the channels that dont work stutter and stick with partial or no picture and its always the same channels ..mate tried it on his tv and only one channel not working ...wouldnt think it was the tv but thought it might be the area im in ?

any ideas ?

ta

skints

gizmo.1484
21st May, 2008, 01:51 PM
It sounds like a signal problem when you are on that channel press red and go to ber/snr/sig Information at the bottom and check your signal or it could be the cable that plugs into your dbox sometimes you have to move it about. I have the same problem if someone {the wife} moves the box hope this helps

skinterz
21st May, 2008, 02:02 PM
yeah i tried looking at the cables and giving em a bit o a wiggle but dont seem to make no diff to the picture or noise of the stutter ill check the signal tho and have a look there .

any info helps mate even if it makes me understand how the box works a bit better .

cheers

skinterz
21st May, 2008, 02:08 PM
just checked signal but not sure what im looking for it shows the reception signal
with the jellow line through the middle on the working channels but on the ones that dont theres still a yellow line but its low on the bottom ...dunno

skinterz
21st May, 2008, 02:12 PM
is there anyway i can boost the signal after checking a few non working channels they flat out like a lizard drinking.

gizmo.1484
21st May, 2008, 02:21 PM
is there anyway i can boost the signal after checking a few non working channels they flat out like a lizard drinking.

You could buy a booster but that still might not work! You said your mate tried your box and it worked, try your mates box on your line to see if it is your box or signal.

Dog
21st May, 2008, 03:43 PM
Have you got anything pkuged into the input scart? This often causes some channels to stutter, On mine E4 is completly unwatchable when I have my Playstation pluged in. Plug the scart out and its perfect.