PDA

View Full Version : Cant get rid of 002 error on new games

weewood
16th March, 2009, 07:39 PM
I have started to get the 002 error on new games, such as Madworld and Sonic Black Knight.

I have tried the fixes listed everywhere. From the IOS 38 53 55 WADs to new loaders with the forced 60 setup and the 002 fix included... nothing seems to work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Lee

dell_xps
16th March, 2009, 07:47 PM
I have started to get the 002 error on new games, such as Madworld and Sonic Black Knight.

I have tried the fixes listed everywhere. From the IOS 38 53 55 WADs to new loaders with the forced 60 setup and the 002 fix included... nothing seems to work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Lee

What loader are you using m8 ?
Have you installed Custom IOS36 rev 07 as this was brought out for that error, also another option is to load it through Gecko 1.7, give these a try Lee.
Dell.

weewood
16th March, 2009, 08:34 PM
When I try to load IOS 36 it comes up with error (ret = -1) and then asks me to restart.

I will search for Gecko 1.7

Cheers

Lee

dell_xps
16th March, 2009, 09:19 PM
When I try to load IOS 36 it comes up with error (ret = -1) and then asks me to restart.

I will search for Gecko 1.7

Cheers

Lee

You dont have any gamecube save cards in your wii or gamecube controllers do you ?
They cause problems when installing stuff.

dell_xps
16th March, 2009, 09:24 PM
GeckoOS002fixv3.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?xxq0mwztjwm)

Try this Gecko with the 002 fix m8.

weewood
17th March, 2009, 07:58 AM
Sorry for not replying Dell.

No I dont have any saves or controllers in their. Never had any problems with anything before and done, maybe 10 or 12 of these. Its just these 2 new games, all the rest are fine

I'll try this later..

Once again, its much appreciated

Lee

Phillhere
17th March, 2009, 11:59 AM
Exactly the same here....except am not using a loader....
Wii is hard modded, and have never had any major problems.
The blank screen/WII lockup occurs by selecting the disc in disc channel, and I too get the 002 error when trying to load using gecko.(not sure which version..)
Except for a similar problem with SSBB,( blank screen after launch,) I havent seen this before but that was settled easily by changing to 50Hz.

This has been a real pain, have tried loads of things before happening on this thread...
next up the gecko os as suggested, will let you know..

Will I still need to do the cIOS 36 rev 8 update as suggested in a lot of places...

dell_xps
17th March, 2009, 01:07 PM
Are you using Gecko via the homebrew channel, and are you using the version I've posted above with the 002 fix?

thelips
17th March, 2009, 01:10 PM
i just tried madworld and it works fine on 3.2 with oo2 fix still waiting for sonic to dl let u know how i get on with it

dell_xps
17th March, 2009, 01:41 PM
i just tried madworld and it works fine on 3.2 with oo2 fix still waiting for sonic to dl let u know how i get on with it

Cheers for the info lips !!!

Phillhere
17th March, 2009, 02:09 PM
"Are you using Gecko via the homebrew channel, and are you using the version I've posted above with the 002 fix? "

yes, but its an older version...
so am going to try the one you listed tonite.

and just my luck.. in fiddling around trying to get this solved, I turned off update protection and this morning there was the blue pulse of doom from the console... updated to a fabulous 3.4e... so now i need to sort that out too...

I am assuming as homebrew was already up and running this wont have screwed it up...but if so , then thats another setback...
grrr

dell_xps
17th March, 2009, 02:40 PM
"Are you using Gecko via the homebrew channel, and are you using the version I've posted above with the 002 fix? "

yes, but its an older version...
so am going to try the one you listed tonite.

and just my luck.. in fiddling around trying to get this solved, I turned off update protection and this morning there was the blue pulse of doom from the console... updated to a fabulous 3.4e... so now i need to sort that out too...

I am assuming as homebrew was already up and running this wont have screwed it up...but if so , then thats another setback...
grrr

Still runs on 3.4E.

Phillhere
17th March, 2009, 02:42 PM
cheers for the tip.... saves me having to drop it back, and more chance of screwing something up...
Phill

weewood
17th March, 2009, 04:43 PM
Dell,

Do I just drop these files in to the WAD folder then run WAD manager from HB?

Lee

weewood
17th March, 2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks everyone for their help. Managed to fix the problem by loading the Zelda Force NTSC Backup WAD.

Now both Mad World and Sonic Black Knight work

Cheers

Lee

Phillhere
17th March, 2009, 10:26 PM
Mucho gracias!
using the gecko os supplied, and force pal 50, sonic now working a treat....

as is madworld...

cheers....

dell_xps
18th March, 2009, 08:42 PM
Mucho gracias!
using the gecko os supplied, and force pal 50, sonic now working a treat....

as is madworld...

cheers....
Glad you got it working m8.