PDA

View Full Version : Question Peugeot / Citroen ECU and BSI

soxten
2nd April, 2013, 07:45 AM
question Peugeot / Citroen ECU and BSI

Can you re-install a used BSI / ECU if you have the code to the device?

example, if I take a used ECU for my Peugeot and have the code "ALH3" for the used ECU
I can marry in with existing BSI in my car?

I assume that we use Peugeot Planet 2000 when we do this.

Or is it better to change the pin code in ECU / BSI to "FF" where PIN is in the file and also change the chassis number to "FF"

is it easier to marry these devices with each other?

Thanks to this forum!

busaman
2nd April, 2013, 08:21 AM
as far as im aware if you have the code you can enter it BUT NOT CHANGE it but you also require the original ecu that was paired to the bsi to make it run, or match the pin for bsi or ecu(reprogram eprom). the chassis number you can change.

soxten
2nd April, 2013, 10:07 AM
Ok then, you can not install a used ECU or BSI in another car. (even if you have the codes)
You must install both the ECU and BSI in the other car to make it work.

But if you want to mount a used ECU or BSI in another car so they must be "virgin"
it is enough to "FF" in the chassis number and pin code?

busaman
3rd April, 2013, 07:04 AM
correct.but the chassis number is changeable with planet.

soxten
3rd April, 2013, 09:48 AM
Ok, so... if i just change pin code to "FF" in BSI and marry it to the ECU in the car, will it work?

ECU... how can i use a used one? (virgin dump? change pin code + vin to "FF"?)

ominimicu
3rd April, 2013, 11:18 AM
Buy BSI Tool from internet..works great!

busaman
3rd April, 2013, 12:12 PM
can you change pin with this tool.

ominimicu
3rd April, 2013, 07:59 PM
it showed the pin, dunno if it changes it. google the tool its @100eur on ebay .. see description

soxten
11th April, 2013, 06:14 PM
The best is virgin files for ECU and virgin file for BSI if i gone sell the stuff.
Virgin files for BSI is often no problem but to find virgin files for ECU is a lite problem.

if?... Some one can explaine the grounds to virginize files from ECU i would be happy.
where to learn?
where to read about it?
Do I have to use damos for the ECU files to make it virgin? Or can I try to delete vin +pin code and se whats happen?...
i am sorry for my noobs... BUT i try to learn!

damih
11th April, 2013, 06:35 PM
Hello
first wich type of ecu is ?? and best way is virginise your ecu and pair it with your BSI because your key is locked with your original PIN

leandroks
11th April, 2013, 06:37 PM
M8 the easiest way is to virginize the bsi and program it again with ecu pins.... job done

soxten
11th April, 2013, 06:59 PM
I know how to read pin code and how to copy Eeprom and that is no problem!

My problem is how to make Ecu virgin, the way you do it.
my main problem is Ecu from Citroen/Peugeot but even Light truck like Renault Master and Fiat Iveco.

If? I take away vin and pin code from .bin file from a Citroen Berlingo 2008 1,6 HDI (bosch) can i sell it back to a workshop how has Lexia and he can program the Ecu to a customers car?
or? Must I change moore in the .bin file to make it work like "virgin"

I know the injector code is still in the .bin file but the workshop can read that from the broken car and program it back to the new Ecu from me.

if you dont whant to write it publik so PM me.

busaman
11th April, 2013, 09:13 PM
if its ecd15c2 you have to program 5p08 and the 29f400 then it will need telecoding otherwise you will be limited to 3000rpm

thunderwinged
11th April, 2013, 09:20 PM
if you have 2 codes (old and new) you can reprogram via PP2000

soxten
11th April, 2013, 10:52 PM
? ... Do we have 2 different systems on pin code in Ecu?
is the code in Eeprom and flash on the ECU?

I belived that is like this:
BSI have one code ex 3KLW (pin in Eeprom)
Ecu have one code ex 3KLW (pin in Eeprom)

Thunderwinged: please explain moore.
2 code, old and new?

thx for you'r help!!!

thunderwinged
12th April, 2013, 07:34 PM
with PP2000 to make acasalament pp2000 ask if is new ecu, bsi or used if you input used PP2000 ask code old ECU/BSI but no forget Pp2000 make acasament unit used (ECU/BSI) only 2 X

after you no can make acasalament again , only new unit without code

soxten
12th April, 2013, 09:36 PM
Ok, so if i delete ("FF") vin and pin code on a used BSI or ECU i can "marrie/married" in PP2000?

Is this correct?

(acasalament=pairing=married)

thunderwinged
13th April, 2013, 03:44 AM
you can input vin code and code direct in dump eeprom after only married bsi/ecu or FF in all eeprom and configure all with pp2000

all this operation work 100%

forumoto
14th April, 2013, 09:06 AM
this thread is interesting and i will like to get more info, because citroen,peugeot used ecus are headach to install...and there must be a way out there, with planting a used ecu from different car to another car and able to program it.... the statement here must be made simple and clear, so when giving answers, i plead to you all to give an indepth answer... because we need this

busaman
14th April, 2013, 05:35 PM
Buy BSI Tool from internet..works great!

ive done some research it doesnt say you can change it but you can read and write memmory so presume you can change the pin if you know where it is.

soxten
14th April, 2013, 10:41 PM
Forumoto, yes we need to fix this so we can use a used ecu/BSI as a new unit.

thunderwinged
15th April, 2013, 12:46 AM
only to use BSI used with old code is KEY need new transponder , the rest is easy

forumoto
16th April, 2013, 05:14 AM
thunderwinged, please explain the easy method, you said with new key, it is easy to use, a USED unit, such is ECU and BSI>>>