PDA

View Full Version : Celica GT4

TuffGong
16th March, 2009, 08:24 PM
Hi all,

Just after some advice regarding a Celica GT4 st185 that ive had sitting on my drive for 18 months.
The short of it is the clutch went and the cheapest quote from anyone trustworthy was nearly ?600. Along with tyres at ?100 a corner i decided to park her up and use my work van.

Having never got round to doing anything through laziness i have decided something must be done because more jobs need doing as time passes i.e brakes, paint, service etc. Mechanically the engine is sound enough and reguarly started and bodywork is fine.

Im not sure what exactly to do though, if all was done it would be a nice motor but i worry that overall cost would outweigh the cars value and i would be better offloading it as project/scrap for as much as poss.

Any advice or ideas appreciated, Cheers

sheringcher
4th May, 2009, 09:52 AM
st185?? so that's '88-92 model??

If that's the case.... offload it as you're looking at 60% of good sale price to get it roadworthy again.If its been parked a while, exhaust goes crumbly under rear diff and cat back is ?300+ for stainless.

toyota man in chatteris Cambridgeshire worth talking to is Fensport on

(01354) 696968
8 Dock Road
Chatteris
PE16 6RE

what he doesn't know about these is not worth knowing anyway!

TuffGong
6th May, 2009, 10:35 PM
Cheers for the info, certainly worth a try. Think your right tho, the maintenance and repair costs for these are shocking. Just not worth the hassle for little or no return.

Peace

sheringcher
7th May, 2009, 01:35 AM
belter of a car tho' .. a shame to strip it out... mine was an '88 E plate with big turbo/boost cut defenser/bleedvalve/mongoose catback/ uprated st205 carlos sainz edn brakes...150 easy..but 17 to the gallon with it!!! front cv boots were a mare to do properly!!!!

the electric lumbar and side seat bolsters won me over into buying it..a coool gadget if there ever was one ;-))