PDA

View Full Version : EPG not auto updating

wastedspark1982
2nd April, 2013, 07:56 PM
Im running blackhole 1.7.4 and my cross epg doent auto update , if i reboo the box the new tv guide will then show up.
can anyone help???

DOUGALMCD
3rd April, 2013, 09:52 AM
It sounds like you have crossepg settings on flash memory rather than hdd or usb. In configure it should be on media/hdd or media/usb depending on what you have attached. Do you have it set for scheduled download? Go and check your crossepg settings.

lincsat
3rd April, 2013, 01:18 PM
If you are saving to USB or HDD and it's configured properly, then delete the contents of the /media/usb/crossepg or /media/hdd/crossepg/ folder, reboot the box and run the downloader again.

wastedspark1982
3rd April, 2013, 02:46 PM
I altered where it was saving last night to media/hdd last night and all worked fine this morning

DOUGALMCD
3rd April, 2013, 09:25 PM
Glad to hear your sorted.

RuberDuck
4th April, 2013, 12:28 AM
If you are saving to USB or HDD and it's configured properly, then delete the contents of the /media/usb/crossepg or /media/hdd/crossepg/ folder, reboot the box and run the downloader again.

you would first need to place enigma into sleep mode with a telnet session as EPG data is held in live memory., so when you reboot the box it will just rewrite the corrupted data back to the storage media.

wastedspark1982
4th April, 2013, 07:16 AM
Well i thought it was . I looked this morning and it didnt update its self i had to manual update it.
checked where it is saved to hdd/media/dat.
Im stumped

lincsat
4th April, 2013, 02:10 PM
you would first need to place enigma into sleep mode with a telnet session as EPG data is held in live memory., so when you reboot the box it will just rewrite the corrupted data back to the storage media.

Not using CrossEPG in Blackhole it doesn't, done it 3 or 4 times over the last couple of Years. Try it and see, the Crossepg folder is still empty after the reboot.

wastedspark1982
4th April, 2013, 02:16 PM
Sorry i dont know how to do what your asking, can you guide me through?

RuberDuck
4th April, 2013, 11:12 PM
Not using CrossEPG in Blackhole it doesn't, done it 3 or 4 times over the last couple of Years. Try it and see, the Crossepg folder is still empty after the reboot.

image makes no difference what so ever here, EPG data is held in live memory same as bouquets data on ALL images.