PDA

View Full Version : SKY UK EPG on Mini or 9000

telewestTUM
17th March, 2009, 12:16 AM
Is it possible to get the full EPG for either the Mini or 9000?

Either via satellite EPG or downloading from a website such as radiotimes

tried myepg but im guessing that isnt for sky uk

What Providers EPG is supported via plugins on Sifteam / NLB Images

Is Sky UK EPG supported on the Enigma2 Sifteam 0.2.0?

aftermath
17th March, 2009, 09:22 AM
All i can get is the now and next EPG, even in E2 and in Webinterface i only get now and next. You can download 7 day channel epg from the internet and use the plugin in NLB image to install it.

Ive never tried it but will do and let you know how it goes.

I can only find Greek or Italian at the mo....

will get back if i find out some more info, as Sotiris was gonna work on the English EPG for IPbox 9000

telewestTUM
17th March, 2009, 08:39 PM
I've done loads of searchs but cant find anything. seems shame because the PVR function isnt much use without a working EPG

E2 EPGLOADER

have you tried that on enigma2 sifteam as a plugin? its for dreambox but it might work

telewestTUM
19th March, 2009, 07:28 PM
wheres this plugin within the nlb image? got it installed but cant find it

desperate to get this epg sorted so i can set it to record programs for me

aftermath
19th March, 2009, 07:53 PM
Menu/PlugIn/Webepg_plugin
Menu/PlugIn/Webepg_import.plugin

ive never had a chance to play with it yet, but the plug in is there.

EDIT :_ i found this elsewhere..for you m8..

The Sky EPG broadcast over satellite can only be understood by Sky's own software, i.e. a Digibox. This is deliberate on their part. The now and next is a part of the official specification they are obliged to comply with.

But fear not, the WebEPG plugin is your friend. There are several long threads about it - check them out; you'll find some posts from me about the using the UK Radio Times XMLTV grab.

It takes a bit of setting up (you need to configure your webepg.list on the IP9000 and then configure your grabber to grab the same channels. For Windows I now recommend xmltvgui as the original xmltv has a bug which has stopped it working properly with the Radio Times site. I also recommend not more than 30 channels as the whole thing gets unwieldy. I also recommend uploading the data.xml file to your hard disk and symlinking it to /var/file.xml as that stops your /var from filling up.

a tut will follow in the next few days on setting it up.

aftermath
21st March, 2009, 12:31 PM
I found this on another forum, so thanks to billnot

Using XMLTVGUI and the WebEPG plugin to get the Sky EPG on the CubeRevo
Concept.

XMLTV is a system whereby television schedules are made available for Internet download. For the UK, the main service is provided by the Radio Times.
A grabber downloads information, and creates file in xml format.
The WebEPG plugin parses this information and, based on a configuration file, populates the EPG of the box with programme information.
Initial configuration.

This is rather time consuming, but only needs to be done once.
Stage 1. The grabber.

There are many grabbers available, but the one I recommend you use is xmltvgui which you can download from XMLTV GUI (http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/)
It is available in both Windows and Linux formats. I will assume you're using the Windows version.
Start xmltvgui and configure to your time zone, and personal preferences. Do NOT check the "sort" option. Under "grabbers" select UK_RT. Select "channels", then "refresh" to make sure the list is up to date. Pick the channels you want, and move them to "selected channels". Don't select more than about 50 or so - it makes everything take too long. One time saving idea is to select only the channels you have in your box's Favorites list - you'll see why in a minute
Stage 2. Create a working webepg.list file

The purpose of webepg.list is to match a channel on your receiver with a listing in the grabber xml file. The creation is in three stages.
(1) Creating the list of receiver channel IDs.

If you just want the EPG for your favorites, then select the webepg plugin from your plugins menu and select "dump favorites as a webepg.list
If you want more than just your favorites, you'll need to tune to each channel in turn and select "Save EPG Channel ID to webepg.list". This can take a long time, but remember - it only has to be done once. A file named webepg.list will be created in /var
(2) Extracting channel IDs from a data.xml file.

Back on your computer, run xmltvgui and select "grab listings". This will create a file named data.xml in the directory specified in your preferences. Once it is created, open this file in your favourite text editor. The beginning of it is a list of channels and their xmltvgui i.d., e.g.

<channel id="UK_RT_92">
<display-name lang="en">BBC1</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="UK_RT_105">
<display-name lang="en">BBC2</display-name>
</channel>

From this we can see that the ID for BBC1 is UK_RT_92, and for BBC2 is UK_RT_105. You will have similar references for every channel you chose to grab. My suggestion is that you print off just this top section of the file; i.e. from the top as far as the first <programme start=.
(3) Matching channel ids to receiver ids.

You need to edit webepg.list in Unix format. There are several ways (you could just Telnet in and use vi for example) but it's probably easiest to FTP the webepg.list found in /var to your computer and open it in any Unix compatible text editor (I use Dana). It will look something like this:

XMLTV_CHANNELID_HERE,39,2,2050,6904 #BBC 1 CI - ASTRA 2A-B-D(28.2E)
XMLTV_CHANNELID_HERE,78,2,2045,6302 #BBC 2 England - ASTRA 2A-B-D(28.2E)

The figures identify the channel internally in the IPBox, the comment on the right is the channel name.
What you now do is to exine the list you printed off from data.xml and instead of XMLTV_CHANNELID_HERE put the channel id from data.xml, i.e.

UK_RT_92,39,2,2050,6904 #BBC 1 CI - ASTRA 2A-B-D(28.2E)
UK_RT_105,78,2,2045,6302 #BBC 2 England - ASTRA 2A-B-D(28.2E)

When you've finished, FTP your edited file back to /var in your box.
If you've got it right (i.e. the same channels are grabbed as are listed in webepg.list and the right ids are matched to the right channels) everything should now run smoothly. Even if you've made the odd mistake, it won't stop the rest from working. In other words, a channel grabbed and listed in data.xml but not listed in webepg.xml will be ignored; a channel in webepg.xml for which there is no data will simple remain empty. If you match the wrong id to a channel, you'll get the wrong programmes listed.
Stage 3. Uploading and symlinking.

The amount of data contained in the data.xml file may well be too large to fit into the /var directory of your box. Also, the webepg plugin looks for file.xml.
My suggested way of going about things is to create a file on your receiver hard disk named epgdata, upload data.xml to it, and symlink file.xml in /var to it.
So telnet into your box and create the epg directory (i.e. mkdir /media/epgdata)
FTP the data.xml file on your PC to /media/epgdata on your box.
Symlink this to /var/file.xml (ln -s /media/epgdata/file.xml /var/file.xml)
Stage 4. Running the plugin.

Simply run the webepg_import plugin and assuming you've done everything correctly your EPG will have a week's programmes for your favourite channels.

Congratulations, you've got it set up. The hard work is done.
Day to day running.

To keep the data up to date, you'll need to run xmltvgui regularly, import data.xml to your box and run the webepg_import plugin. There's only one extra step you'll need. Every time the plugin is run, it renames file.xml to file.xml.imported. We need to rename it back. So before running the plugin, Telnet in and simply give the command mv /var/file.xml.imported /var/file.xml

On reboot, the EPG information is lost, so the plugin is normally configured to run at boot time. In this case, it uses file.xml.imported rather than file.xml and so runs without your intervention.

bro
28th March, 2009, 09:34 AM
Info in text file