PDA

View Full Version : 55 Plate Corsa

Spiderpig2
17th March, 2009, 12:32 AM
Anybody out there who can tell me how to change the plugs on my 55 plate Corsa? I have tried to do a service myself, oil (?23 fully synthetic) Air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, but how the hell do I change the plugs? I'm one of the old school who used to be able to strip an engine, re-seat the valves, find TDC and tune the carb, but when I look under the bonnet know, and read about 'stretch bolts' I wonder how anybody can tinker with their pride and joy anymore. Progress!!

yamar1
17th March, 2009, 06:09 PM
Anybody out there who can tell me how to change the plugs on my 55 plate Corsa? I have tried to do a service myself, oil (?23 fully synthetic) Air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, but how the hell do I change the plugs? I'm one of the old school who used to be able to strip an engine, re-seat the valves, find TDC and tune the carb, but when I look under the bonnet know, and read about 'stretch bolts' I wonder how anybody can tinker with their pride and joy anymore. Progress!!

slide the ecotec cover to the right, you will see whats called a coilpack, has 2 torx bolts holding it down, remove these and carefilly lever/lift the coilpack up and under that you will see the plugs.

Spiderpig2
17th March, 2009, 09:57 PM
Did some of that and uncovered the screwed down bit over the plugs but didn't want to try and remove it in case four million springs jumped out. Will change them at the weekend. Thanks