PDA

View Full Version : android tablet stuck on loop

tamgunner
3rd April, 2013, 03:49 PM
hi all ive been given a tablet running on android and its stuck on startup gets to the screen to unlock it then restarts everytime it doesnt stay on long enough for me to get into settings to find out the version! i have no idea either who makes it as there is nothing on it with make or model.

is there a universal android firmware i could flash it with to fix it? or any idea what i can do going forward?

barrowmanandrew
3rd April, 2013, 06:06 PM
which tablet is it m8?

i was given one to fix that did exactly the same thing.

what i had toi do is put it into recovery mode and do a system restore.

to put it into recovery mode, you have to hold in one of the volume buttons and hold the power button at the same time until it powers up.

i think its done slightly diffrent ways on diffrent devices.

google the manufactures name and recovery mode, should give you some better instructions.. lol

Canker_Canison
3rd April, 2013, 08:32 PM
If it has a reset button you might have to hold that in a well as the Vol down & power buttons.
If you get to the recovery screen only select 'clear user data' or 'factory reset'. Do not select 'wipe partition' as that willreally cause you problems.

tamgunner
3rd April, 2013, 09:51 PM
which tablet is it m8?

i was given one to fix that did exactly the same thing.

what i had toi do is put it into recovery mode and do a system restore.

to put it into recovery mode, you have to hold in one of the volume buttons and hold the power button at the same time until it powers up.

i think its done slightly diffrent ways on diffrent devices.

google the manufactures name and recovery mode, should give you some better instructions.. lol

problem is i dont know thw manufactures name theres nothing on it saying who makes it tried to hold the power button and vol buttons along with reset but just restarts to the android logo

tamgunner
3rd April, 2013, 09:52 PM
If it has a reset button you might have to hold that in a well as the Vol down & power buttons.
If you get to the recovery screen only select 'clear user data' or 'factory reset'. Do not select 'wipe partition' as that willreally cause you problems.

tried that mate just restarts it to the android logo and starts up!

tamgunner
3rd April, 2013, 09:56 PM
i held the home button and power button and its now saying updating please wait dunno wheres its updating from cause its not connected to my wifi lol ill wait n see what happens

Canker_Canison
3rd April, 2013, 11:57 PM
It's not updating anything, unless you have a memory card inserted with the software update held on it.

But getting it into the download screen is very close to the recovery screen. Try holding the other volume button, home & power...or whatever you pressed before, just the other vol button.

tamgunner
4th April, 2013, 07:07 PM
well got good news and bad news i reset ip cause it was on the update screen for ages i plugged it into the pc and it actually stayed on long enough for me to get into settings etc then the battery died canny charge it cause the socket is to lose job now is to figure out how to take it apart lol

Canker_Canison
8th April, 2013, 05:48 PM
Most tablets come apart from either removing the screen (like an ipad), or you release the back from around the screen.

Look at as many videos on youtube for tablet repairs as you can. The more knowledge you have the better your chances.