PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Flashing a Dreambox with Dreamup

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Devilfish
13th February, 2008, 08:16 PM
How Do I Use Dreamup?

If, for any reason, your box won't boot, you will have to use Dreamup to flash an image instead of Flash Wizard Pro or any other method. You won't be able to connect via ethernet so no ip address is required. It may be that the process simply hung up during flashing or you accidentally pulled the plug half way through (yes it did happen to me). This will get you back on track.

Required

Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)

Image File (.img) or a (.nfi) file

DreamUp Program

Instructions

Disconnect all cables from your dreambox, including the power
Connect the null modem cable to the dreambox and to your PC
Load Dreamup.exe
Click Connect and you will see a message like this

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1434/dreamup1fv2.jpg

Connect the power and the bootloader should be copied to the box
The message should now say 'Box attached and Ready'
Click Flash on the right hand side and select the image to be flashed

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5605/dreamup2tc0.jpg

Click Yes or Ya (depending on the version)

Note: If you're flashing a backup image, select NO.

The image should then be uploaded to the box
There will be a countdown timer at the bottom of the program

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9351/dreamup3kk2.jpg

After the image is uploaded, it will be flashed to memory
The finished process should look like this:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2238/dreamup4ka6.jpg

Click OK and close down Dreamup
Power off the dreambox for 30 seconds then power up
If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's running

Good Luck!

wizz240166
10th April, 2008, 03:47 PM
where can i get this from?
and dd.2.0?

thommo
10th April, 2008, 04:04 PM
where can i get this from?
and dd.2.0?

dream up in the first post and in downloads and the dw (not dd) is in the downloads aswell.

if you have 5 posts you just have to wait for the forum to update and you will be able to get them.

andy2blue
11th April, 2008, 02:16 PM
thanks very handy never got no instructions with my box

scurders
11th April, 2008, 09:22 PM
Excellent instructions exactly what a novice like myself is looking for

Barnsley-Bill
11th April, 2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks mate Im going to have a go at reflashing my Dreambox 600

jake1970
13th April, 2008, 09:33 AM
many thanks i must say that you seem to explain things very well ive looked at other sites etc and found some of the guides a bit daunting ,but this is very good
again many thanks

bumfluff
13th April, 2008, 07:36 PM
Great guide - is it possible to flash using ethernet only?

Mordor1946
14th April, 2008, 04:54 PM
Guide looks extremely helpful but at the moment I am having trouble getting a copy of dreamup that works..thanks for info....

glasgowkiss
15th April, 2008, 09:02 AM
Where do you get this type of cable and where do you put it in the pc is it the terminal that has I0I0I0?

glasgowkiss
15th April, 2008, 10:34 AM
When I connect power nothing happens?

Any idea...?:damnmate:

aftermath
15th April, 2008, 03:58 PM
Where do you get this type of cable and where do you put it in the pc is it the terminal that has I0I0I0?

Search on @bay for null modem cable, cost about ?3. and plugs into the back of your PC (you cant go wrong),

looks like this.

aftermath
15th April, 2008, 04:00 PM
When I connect power nothing happens?

Any idea...?:damnmate:

Can you be more specific m8, no light on dreambox? or just a black screen. ?

if its a black screen sounds like you had a bad flash, try flashing same image again sometimes that works,.

or go through post 1 again

animal666
22nd April, 2008, 04:56 PM
need help again lads. i have connected a null modem cable to dreambox and pc.
i load up dreamup and press connect. i then turn on the power but nothing happens.
i am using com port 1 and the default local ip and remote ip. i have also tried to put in my dreambox ip address. but still nothing comes up.

any help will be welcome.

animal666
22nd April, 2008, 05:13 PM
i think i got it. i got a serial lead not a null modem. what a f'ing plonker i really am.

bash
22nd April, 2008, 11:09 PM
initally when you load dream up, do you choose com1 or two from the drop down or do you leave them do you tick the box marked " used network"?

bash
22nd April, 2008, 11:09 PM
do you have to put the ip addresses in?

millerlfc
22nd April, 2008, 11:51 PM
initally when you load dream up, do you choose com1 or two from the drop down or do you leave them do you tick the box marked " used network"?i load com1 m8 i just need help

Devilfish
23rd April, 2008, 12:30 AM
You use which ever suits your needs. Most PCs only have one com port so select com1.

If you are only using a null modem cable then don't check the 'use network' box.

vinod
23rd April, 2008, 11:52 AM
hi ive got a dreambox but i do not know how to fix it as it has gone it keeps on saying service could not be found this hppend after the keys rolled can u show me how to fix it or is there an easy way of doing it . also do u have to connect the dreambox to ur computer and ur TV simultaneously to flash it. and can u use a trial version of smartFTP of do u have to get a full license for it to work.THNX

vinod
23rd April, 2008, 11:54 AM
Sorry. but i also heard about autoupdating keys and stuff like tat does tat mean tat the box will not go out ever again.

lorrebreaker
23rd April, 2008, 12:22 PM
Follow the instructions in this thread and you should be fine
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1273
Trial version of smartftp will still work for a limited period, or you could use a free client like filezilla.

alpina79
23rd April, 2008, 01:28 PM
ty ... I got a serial cable which does not work. I'll try it with modem cable tomoroow

animal666
26th April, 2008, 12:23 PM
i have flashed the drive with dw 2.0. but all i get a a boot screen, it asked for time zone and then, back to boot screen and nothing happens.

any help lads would be appreciated.

animal666
26th April, 2008, 12:25 PM
read booted it and now scanning. thanks lads.

animal666
26th April, 2008, 12:43 PM
need help. have manual scanned box, and all channels have come up, but only the free to view channels are showing. i have used digital world 2.0.

what have i done wrong. i scanned with bruteforce as i live in england.

any help would be very much appreciated.

Devilfish
26th April, 2008, 05:47 PM
Go to a premium channel and press Blue then OK.

andy4
27th April, 2008, 01:10 PM
were can i get null modem cable from for my dm500c so i can flash it

Jaffa
27th April, 2008, 01:12 PM
were can i get null modem cable from for my dm500c so i can flash it

You will get one on Ebay m8 for next to nothing plus postage.

vld777
27th April, 2008, 02:20 PM
How Do I Use Dreamup?

If, for any reason, your box won't boot, you will have to use Dreamup to flash an image instead of Flash Wizard Pro or any other method. You won't be able to connect via ethernet so no ip address is required. It may be that the process simply hung up during flashing or you accidentally pulled the plug half way through (yes it did happen to me). This will get you back on track.

Required

Null Modem Cable
Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program
Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe
Click Connect and you will see a message like thishttp://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i138599_dreamup2.JPG
Click Yes or Ya (depending on the version)Note: If you're flashing a backup image, select NO.
There will be a countdown timer at the bottom of the programhttp://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i138614_dreamup6.JPG

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i138613_dreamup5.JPG
The finished process should look like this:http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i138681_dreamup7.JPG
If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's runningGood Luck!
Thanks kaos!!

maniac2
2nd May, 2008, 02:41 PM
Had a similar problem ,worked well for me.

ranger
2nd May, 2008, 03:45 PM

i have a dreambox dm500-c that has 27x3 air vents , its a old one got it from the uk back in 2006 i think for nearly ?400 , back then , dont tell me " i all ready know what your thinking, im not sure what image file to download into it , because , i had a starbox fake and downloaded the wrong file into it and was a nightmare for me to get back working with no help, , anybody know the leasted and the right image file i should download for this box , thanks for your help , michael

jansenjw
3rd May, 2008, 10:51 PM
Please be careful not to install a DM500 image on a DM500+

jamiemoonie
5th May, 2008, 03:40 PM
how would i put a rar file into my box any help would be great trying to put nagrarom 7 but is a rar file can't get it to work in the dreamup

smirnoff_rules
5th May, 2008, 03:44 PM
the rar file is a type of zip will u need to open it m8 .. download winrar its free .. u can always uninstall after http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

jamiemoonie
5th May, 2008, 04:37 PM
hi can any one help me got dreambox 500-c and trying to put Digitalworldz Dream v2.0 onto my box using dreamup but the Digitalworldz Dream v2.0 is a rar file but not letting me put in on any help please

thommo
5th May, 2008, 04:38 PM
hi can any one help me got dreambox 500-c and trying to put Digitalworldz Dream v2.0 onto my box using dreamup but the Digitalworldz Dream v2.0 is a rar file but not letting me put in on any help please

answer is above, you dont up the rar file but the img in it.

Jaffa
5th May, 2008, 04:55 PM
does any one no how i put a rar file in my box it is Digitalworldz Dream v2.0 but it is a rar file how do i get it in a img to get it in my box

You have to unrar the image, just get winrar at link below and install it, then double click on the rar file and it will open with winrar and press extract at the top and it will extract to wherever you tell it to.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9

aminaz
20th May, 2008, 04:25 PM
thanks, just what i was looking for!
brief and well done:top:

fiddler
24th May, 2008, 09:51 PM
Very useful and a great guide.

Also very easy to follow.

Thanks for the info.

aftermath
9th June, 2008, 05:41 PM
im trying to download latest image,,but apparently i have to post osmma firts ,,so,,here here,,

you need to post 5 positive posts mate, pick a subject your comfortable with and post in that forum. once you got your 5 decent posts you will be ok, you might have to wait 15 mins after your 5th posts for the server to update itself.

HankyHank
6th July, 2008, 04:49 PM
excellent this has happened to me

<--HankyHank added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...-->

Where do i get the dream program from

E-noid
8th July, 2008, 10:31 PM
Hi, bit of a newbie, ive had a dreambox for a few months but i got mine pre-flashed from some1 but now it seems to need reflashing, can you tell me how often this happens or does that depends totally on the subscriber your using?

<--E-noid added 8 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...-->

Sorry not sure where to post this question........ :S which dreambox is rated best? there seems to be quite a few variations on the net and ive heard stories of bootlegs ones floating around that are rubbish? I have the 500c but would like one with a hdd.....or am i better off just networking the current box to my home next work and using my pc as a storage device? any help would be appreciated

<--E-noid added 193 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...-->

Ok no doubt loads of people have asked this before, how do you tell the difference between a null modem cable and a serial cable ? i tried a serial cable i had which i think was crossover and it didnt work.

bajan2nv
10th July, 2008, 05:23 PM
any available help for use with rom 11 cards? ho to activate cardreader?

jkateete
11th July, 2008, 10:05 PM
Hi when using dreamup there acouple of things you need to follow i have read through the guid on how to flash the box which is detailed with very good instructions.
the answer to the question is when using dreamup u can start by using com1 and untick use network.:rangers2:

<--jkateete added 31 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...-->

The problem is not dreamup not working i'd the same problem before and it took me some time to flash my box. the problem is the type of computer your using the com ports are disabled which was the case with my pc and i didnt have enough knowledge on how to enable them, i tried several pcs but they all didnt help me as the com ports were all disabled untill when i used my old pc with com ports not disabled. Most the of the pcs these days come disabled you need to find some one with good pc skill to enable your com ports and use a latest version of dreamup.
Every thing should work out properly once you follow the instructions thanks.

e-sat-bt
21st July, 2008, 08:04 PM
i have faulty box everytime i load the box and load up the programmes once i move the power lead it crashes. what can i don to fix it.

aftermath
21st July, 2008, 08:14 PM
i have faulty box everytime i load the box and load up the programmes once i move the power lead it crashes. what can i don to fix it.
what box you got ?
what image are you trying to flash to it ?
what extension is the image filename i.e. is it something like DK1.0.img or DK1.0.fwz ?

might be your using the wrong software or not leaving the flash programme long enough.

victorlcs
25th July, 2008, 05:20 PM
anyone can share info on how to configure the pc port? cant seem to connect to box..

alliv
30th July, 2008, 02:04 PM
Hi when using dreamup there acouple of things you need to follow i have read through the guid on how to flash the box which is detailed with very good instructions.
the answer to the question is when using dreamup u can start by using com1 and untick use network.:rangers2:

<--jkateete added 31 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...-->

The problem is not dreamup not working i'd the same problem before and it took me some time to flash my box. the problem is the type of computer your using the com ports are disabled which was the case with my pc and i didnt have enough knowledge on how to enable them, i tried several pcs but they all didnt help me as the com ports were all disabled untill when i used my old pc with com ports not disabled. Most the of the pcs these days come disabled you need to find some one with good pc skill to enable your com ports and use a latest version of dreamup.
Every thing should work out properly once you follow the instructions thanks.

hi , do you have the info to enable the ports ? or where can i get it? got the same problem at the mo. thanks.

Sig-gotyouth
31st July, 2008, 10:07 PM
If someone could please help me it would be appreciated. Just got a 500c from dvbseller... stright out of the box trying to follow these instructions but when I turn on the box nothing happens in DreamUP.

sig-gotyouth@hotmail.co.uk is my msn for any kind soul that wants to help me out...

Devilfish
1st August, 2008, 12:00 AM
There's not much else to say other than what's in the guide.

Turn the box off
Connect the null modem cable to the dreambox and com1 on your PC
Run Dreamup
Click connect
Turn on Dreambox

The progress bar will start to move on dreamup and it will upload the bootloader to the dreambox.

If nothing happens when you power on the box, you've either got a problem with the box or you are not using a null modem cable. A serial cable and an rs232 cable look the same but they are not a null modem cable.

Sig-gotyouth
1st August, 2008, 12:21 AM
this sucks then. because Im defo using the null cable bought from dvbseller at the same time as the box. thanks though... i think a little tear just started to trickle down... is there a chance I dont have the right ip configured? guesse Im clutching at straws here

marvo
1st August, 2008, 01:22 AM
you could download "network magic" it will tell you whats what..I did and then uninstalled it. Im not sure what it puts or leaves on your pc. Upto now no comebacks,,but it seems a powerful tool.It gives you a plan and adress of modem ,,boxes,,ips etc.

Sig-gotyouth
1st August, 2008, 02:28 AM
funilly enough I was able to get the image made by this site installed via flashwizzardpro thinking i was clever... but then to no avail my box is now unresponsive... any ideas? I should have made a note of the ip of the dreambox but in the excitment didnt. can anyone tell me how to irradicate my ways... and also tell me what I did wrong?

<--Sig-gotyouth added 56 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...-->

black screen :(

fishy123
1st August, 2008, 03:31 AM
dreamup is the only way to revive a ~~~~ed box.
download the latest version from the link i posted in your other thread and try again ;)

Migz
9th August, 2008, 09:32 AM
im trying to flash me box with dreamup but it says unable to open com port,aborting im using vista it used to work anyone help here cheers

Devilfish
9th August, 2008, 12:37 PM
Are you using an onboard com port or a usb-null modem cable?

Go into Device Manager and make sure it's set to COM1.

Migz
10th August, 2008, 08:53 AM
thx for the reply DF i reformatted in the end & everything is ok now! ;)

UnitedPirate
11th August, 2008, 12:50 PM
Excellent guide thanks.

I had to make up my own cable, sod waiting for delivery, and it all went well. Maybe the pin outs for null modem cables should be stickied somewhere. I can't be the only one thats willing to make my own.

Thanks again for the guide.

smithj100
15th August, 2008, 10:17 AM
Those Instructions were really clear but what i dont understand is do i erase the box first?

I've brought a brand new dreambox 500c, do i erase whatever that is on there first before i flash the box with a new image?

cheers

Jason

Curious123
15th August, 2008, 10:40 AM
Some of the boxes are coming with FTA images so you could get away with just copying Devilfish's files to get the 'other channels. I always do an erase first before flashing any image on my dreambox.

peterneilsen
17th August, 2008, 07:26 PM
this might be a sstupid question but how do I know that the cable I have is actually a Null Modem Cable? I got what I thought was one from a shop but they seemed not to konw what they were talking about (or maybe it was just me - not sure) anyways its not working so....
Any tip?

How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program
Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe
Click Connect and you will see a message like thishttp://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i138599_dreamup2.JPG
Click Yes or Ya (depending on the version)Note: If you're flashing a backup image, select NO.
There will be a countdown timer at the bottom of the programhttp://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i138614_dreamup6.JPG

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i138613_dreamup5.JPG
The finished process should look like this:http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i138681_dreamup7.JPG
If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's runningGood Luck!

Devilfish
18th August, 2008, 07:37 AM
this might be a sstupid question but how do I know that the cable I have is actually a Null Modem Cable? I got what I thought was one from a shop but they seemed not to konw what they were talking about (or maybe it was just me - not sure) anyways its not working so....
Any tip?

Get one from ebay, ?3 max.

test123456
30th August, 2008, 11:57 AM
Either COM1 or COM2 should be ok I guess

corcoduse
2nd September, 2008, 08:51 AM
i can not see the pictures from the first message!!pls.help!

isajamil
6th September, 2008, 09:53 PM
I cant get dreamup to pick up my box please help.

turbodogleech
8th September, 2008, 10:27 PM
When I first tried to connect to COM 1 using DreamUp I had no joy. It turned out that the drivers for an old graphics tablet, that I had long since forgotten about, were still using the port. Once I got rid of these, everything went smoothly. So if you are having problems connecting to a COM port that should be available, check that no old junk has got it tied up.

berkane
14th September, 2008, 07:58 PM
Hi all

help please, I start dreamup and i did flash erase but now when i puch flash and go to my folder of nabilosat image cccam 209 i don't see image file (i did unzipped),

db 500.

Thanx in advance

siavashdp
18th September, 2008, 07:01 AM
most of the times that i try too install a image on my DM 500-S i got a error mesage .... and i have to reinstall the image !
it happens when dreamup try to send the file to the receiver!!!
i think my DM 500-S is Clone one!!!:dontknow:

muppet
20th September, 2008, 10:19 PM
Hi
I've followed this guide (which is spot on!) and all I'm getting is the Digital Kaos logo on my screen. It keeps appearing again and again and never goes any further. Any ideas?

Ruth

offside
22nd September, 2008, 12:02 PM
i have tried Universal Dream up v1.3.3.2 to dm600pvr
with Pli Iolite upload

i didn't know why it take so long
approx 38 minutes

is it normally??

thx

Mikeyteach
30th September, 2008, 09:56 AM
Hi,

Two Qustions:

1). Would this process work on Dreambox 7025+?

2). What exactly is the "null modem cable" ?

Do you mean A). an ethernet cable crossover or uncrossed?
B). a cable that plugs into the serial port on the back of the Dreambox (female 9 pin)?

Can you help?

Mike

Mikeyteach
30th September, 2008, 10:01 AM
Hi Devilfish,

I have two Questions.

1). would this process work on Dreambox 7025?

2). When you say " Null modem cable" what exactly do you mean?

Is it an ethernet cable, or is it a cable that connects to the dreambox into the 9-pin (male) serial socket on the back panel?

Hope you can help

Mike

yamar1
2nd October, 2008, 07:21 PM
Hi Devilfish,

I have two Questions.

1). would this process work on Dreambox 7025?

2). When you say " Null modem cable" what exactly do you mean?

Is it an ethernet cable, or is it a cable that connects to the dreambox into the 9-pin (male) serial socket on the back panel?

Hope you can help

Mike

its the cable that connects into the 9 pin port on dreambox and your computer , couple of quid ebay, i find the usb-serial adaptors dont work so use a computer with a built in 9pin serial port. as for your 1st question im not sure but im sure if you search the forum you will find out.

Elric
4th October, 2008, 03:12 AM
Thanks a lot... very helpful

clickin the thanks button would of been better

rod
20th October, 2008, 03:21 PM
hi guys is this the cable that I need?

Amazon.co.uk: 1001Cables - Null Modem Cable DB9 Female to DB9 Female 2m: Electronics & Photo

Tks

Devilfish
20th October, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yes rod, that looks like the guy! :)

They're also on ebay for ?2 including P&P (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2m-6ft-Serial-Null-Modem-Cable-EuroVox-Upgrade-Lead_W0QQitemZ360093582872QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 360093582872&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14). I know amazon rob you for P&P and take ages to deliver so ebay might be better.

andrewsoundworks
20th October, 2008, 10:27 PM
please can you help me i have a open media 500cs iput the flash on for ntl cable tv but still not unlocked (the flash is Enigma-Cas) please help me

Devilfish
20th October, 2008, 10:38 PM
You need to add keys and rom files to the image before it will decrypt premium channels.

carlowchris
20th October, 2008, 11:24 PM
jesus thanks,i'm new to all this and i've spent the last week going backwards and fordwards from site to site,and trying to download load of stuff but at last thanks,i finally i have somewhere positive to start:party:all i have to do now is get a null modem cable.
my friend sent my box back to its factory reset and i retuned in all the channels,but only film four,alibi,ewtn,rte1 and virgin work the rest just have a black screen,would i have to download a new image and keys or would just flashing the box work???????
it a linux box i have like the black one advertised but silver,have you got any good tips??????????:idea:

Devilfish
21st October, 2008, 07:49 AM
You just need to ftp keys and rom files to the box. Most images don't come with these files.

See the post above yours. ;)

andrewsoundworks
21st October, 2008, 12:27 PM
i put the keys in the folder but all the channels,from virgin just have a black screen

bigdon
21st October, 2008, 09:39 PM
Hi guys, have a dreambox 500c and null modem cable on the way,can you recommend an image to flash which has the rom and key files attached so I dont have to fpt them.
Thanks Don....

Devilfish
21st October, 2008, 09:42 PM
No image comes with keys and rom files included, that's illegal. Unless you can find an image which someone has added them and backed it up and posted it somewhere, you won't get one.

bigdon
23rd October, 2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks Devilfish will keep that in mind,
Whats the best image to flash to a 500c?

MrManUnited
24th October, 2008, 09:45 PM
No image comes with keys and rom files included, that's illegal. Unless you can find an image which someone has added them and backed it up and posted it somewhere, you won't get one.

Is there anyway you could suggest what we search for to find these? Im not sure what roms and keys im looking for and its very confusing...

thered
24th October, 2008, 09:50 PM
as a fellow utd fan i may be able to help il pm you

Devilfish
24th October, 2008, 09:51 PM
"keys and roms" would get a few threads. Here's one...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/key-updates-9783/

thered
24th October, 2008, 09:54 PM
right what box have you got

MrManUnited
24th October, 2008, 09:55 PM
right what box have you got

you guys are amazing and quick, ive ordered a dreambox 600

thank u

thered
24th October, 2008, 09:59 PM
ah youve not got one yet?

well you will be soon up and running m8 when it arrives its an excellent forum and you will get all the help you need

just stay around when your finished

MrManUnited
24th October, 2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah no worries, it seems the scene is always changing and more stuff to learn and do. thanks again. Rooney to score two v everton!

thered
24th October, 2008, 10:15 PM
once a blue always a red once a blue always a red!

jewish
27th October, 2008, 04:27 PM
thanks for this guide.
cant get into box with ftp so will try this method

rod
31st October, 2008, 05:13 PM
where can I get this Image File (.img)?
TKS

Required

* Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)
* Image File (.img)
* DreamUp Program

smoggie
31st October, 2008, 05:26 PM
have a look in this thread http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/digital-kaos-v1-dreambox-image-dm500-c-s-t-3872/

souzz
4th November, 2008, 10:40 AM
Is it possible to install some language packs for this image?

maj01
5th November, 2008, 10:42 PM
Many thanks for the dreamup guide.I now know I have been using the wrong cable. I will try to flash again when I get the null modem cable.

bigdon
5th November, 2008, 11:40 PM
Hi Guys back again,
I got my 500c today from DVBMonkey but the power adapter does,nt work.
So i found an adapter from an old router and it fits ok.I flashed a working image I found on the net and got it working using the instructions on this thread and this fourm.If I want to replace the image with the Digital kaos one do I press flash erase on the Dreamup program or just Flash.I have;nt got around to the fpt bit yet thats why I used a working image,but I plan to do it when I get a crossover cable.
Thanks for all the great info here and will keep you informed on the ftp jobbie......
Don

kevin hatherley
6th November, 2008, 11:36 AM
can anybody help me, ive recently purchased a dreambox dm500c, ive attempted to connect to my cable provider but channels are locked apart from terrestrial channels, by the way im a novis when it comes to this.

6666a
10th November, 2008, 02:22 PM
hi ..i made a backup by Dreamup saved it ,when i try to load backup -by clicking Flash ,its not there for selection to chose from the folder. saved.why?its not saved like Image file..how i can change that saved folder to image file.
in my Dreamup select image to flash window :file name box:nothing to select.
Files of type: Dreabox Flash images {..bin.img}.

bigdon
10th November, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hi Guys..
If I want to change images do I select flash erase in the Dreamup programe?

Echo10
13th November, 2008, 08:22 PM
Hi, can you tell me how to setup a dreambox 500c for MMDS cable in Babados

efan2008
15th November, 2008, 07:39 PM
hi ya pal! i dint know u can get a cable dreambox??? i tuaght it was only for them big dishes that pick up nearly all the channels in the world.. but if thre is adream box for virg*n then i think i shud get one is there no defrence between eurovox starview??? and the dreambox thanx mate

s411ota
25th November, 2008, 10:21 PM
hi guys, i have a dm 500-c cable box but i use a laptop to connect it via a null cable that has a usb converter on it as my laptop has no 9 pin serial port, when i run the dreamup software it cannot detect the box?

any ideas how to flash it?

thanks.

caveman_nige
28th November, 2008, 06:25 PM
only one useful post required to get download rights. however with over 1500 new users in the last two days the site is getting pounding by people who just want to download. You will need to be patient as it takes time for the server to update the users profiles with the access rights.. It is not much to wait for the 'free' serrvice people..

Take your time fixing your boxes, the keys will be rolled 2 or 3 times a day. Many of us are just waiting it out as there is not much point in doing this so often unless there is something you really want to watch.. A patch will come out soon enough, it just takes time for that 'free' service also..

wodin69
28th November, 2008, 09:33 PM
This is the first time I have had to try the flashing myself. Your tutorial was very clear and easy to understand, I just hope that finding the right image is as clearly laid out.

Thank you.

jake1970
28th November, 2008, 09:42 PM
yer i think im just gonna do it the once just to prove to myself i can actually do it (not had much luck yet )lol then im gonna sit it out

technofraid
30th November, 2008, 05:22 PM
I don't know whether this is the right thread, I've been all over this site! There seems to be some great, easy to follow instructions about everything, like the one above, which is why I've chosen to post here, but as a novice, there are some questions I need to ask first:) I have a DM 500-c currently on digitalworldz dreams 1.6.5. My service provider is Vermin Melia. Having had problems for months although I pay for phone, internet and 2 boxes, I've lost most of the channels on DB. I've fiddled round with it to no avail, finally turning to a factory reset. I've now lost the keys list. I have some channels but not all. I know where the evocamd, mgcamd and tuxbox commander are, but don't know what they are for. I have keys for a eurovox that are working on that, (although I think there should be even more channels but I have all the sLy ones) I usually have the same ones on the dreambox:- ( let me know where and how to post the keys i have if required )
Is an image file the software I need to install and where do I find the latest version?
What is the dreamup program and where do I find it?
What is a backup image that I don't load?
Once I follow the above instructions do I need to enter the keys?
if the keys.txt option has disappeared from how do I get it back?
I can get into a screen asking me to enter the keys (don't know where or how I ger there) but how do I enter them?
If I follow the above instructions, will I have all my channels and will the box work? or will there be something to do after that?
Sorry to be a pest to the initiated but the more I read on how to fix the problem, the less I know. I know there is a load of questions here, but thats how bad I am! I would like to learn though from anyone with the patience to teach!
Is there a glossary somewhere which explains the jargon - if not, someone should create one that people like me can add to that may be a help to other newbies!!

stOrm383
30th November, 2008, 09:34 PM
Hi All... I could do with some help please..!! I'm a total noobie to this scene..

Basically someone gave me their envision (EN 500c)Box cuz they moved to a new location and cable TV wasn't available, When I first got it I just plugged it in executed the Auto Transponder Scan and away it went working fine..until the other day it appeared to only decode the normal channels like ITV,when I selected a movie Channel I just got a blank screen.... Me being me I decided to select to option " Factory Reset" then Auto Scanned Channels, Thinking this could resolve the issue..but it didn't... it made things worse.. It now appears the onscreen interface appearance has changed(I guess to Factory default Setting)...and I can't get ANY Channels at all...Doh!!
Any info on where to start on this big learning curve..would be greatly appreciated...
stOrm383:ciao:

wastewart
1st December, 2008, 01:40 PM
please excuse my ignorance but how do i use this method if i dont have a db9 port on my laptop only ethernet,what cable could i use

scorpion-gb
7th December, 2008, 01:42 PM
I have a DB2 and have successfully flashed it in the past, I've also updated the recently posted info on the Bingo Board and got it up and running again after the recent shut downs (thanks for that).

Thing is I mentioned this to a friend at work and he asked me if I could try and get his up and running again. I said I'd give it a try, but when he brought it in it's an ancient looking Nokia Dbox? I tried flashing it with the same program I used on my DB2 but it wont connect. Is there another prog for older Dboxes or should the Dreamup V1.2.1.5 work on the old Dbox as well?

Thanks for any help.

Wale04
9th December, 2008, 12:19 AM
Can someone out there give me a guide on how to load EVO cam on my Dream 500C and procedure on how to flash the box.

Also just to ask if Dream 500C can work in Cho*us area in kildare; Ireland

Chizzy_Toon
9th December, 2008, 01:36 PM
Hi all Hope you can help. I have just purchased a Null modem cable and the USB serial converter for it. When i click connect in dream up all i get is "initiating flash-loader upload..." and thats it.

Any help would be great.

Golubusan
11th December, 2008, 06:31 PM
the problem is that you cant buy nullmodem cables anywhere, they dont have it in stores, you have to order..

Golubusan
11th December, 2008, 06:35 PM
and DreamUp v1.3.3.2 which should be the newest one today, gives me the message "connection prepared, now switch on the dreambox" even though the dreambox is not physicly hooked up to the computer.

Digger
11th December, 2008, 06:43 PM
it says that all the time, you then have to plug in your dreambox and it shud tell u that its talkin to your computer and then u can go and do your image flash...

Golubusan
11th December, 2008, 09:40 PM
Ok i figured it out. It is very important, as the guide says, to use nullmodem cable and nothing but. I tried with a USB-serial converter and did not work. This guide works perfectly.

ssameer2601
17th December, 2008, 12:24 PM
Hi all, just flashed my DM500+ and its dead. Ill try these methods. will keep posted. thanks

ssameer2601
17th December, 2008, 12:29 PM
Hi again. i have tried using telnet and wierd character appeared on the screen instead of DM500+. is this normal or the software is severly currupted. i dont want to dismantle my dbox for warranty purpose. i flashed it gemini and it dead. please help

Devilfish
17th December, 2008, 01:42 PM
Download the default firmware from here...

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm500plus/images/dreambox-image-dm500plus-20070827.nfi

...and flash it with Dreamup.

See if that fixes it and then flash the image of your choice.

Are you sure it's a DM500+ because this is different to a normal DM500.

johnboy23
17th December, 2008, 04:40 PM
it looks hard to do thanks for puting this on

jempy
24th December, 2008, 03:35 PM
superb instructions, but i'm unable to download the files..........

which is rather sad when you are in a hurry fixing your dreambox.

jempy
24th December, 2008, 04:00 PM
stupid me, had to wait for the serversync. downloaded the files. but now i get the message "box is in serial http mode". if i click the flash button i can only choose "dreambox nand flash image".........

there is no way to select the backup.img i've got?????

Louiz
2nd January, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hi, I'm new to this dream box. Currently I have a DM500C. after connected the null cable to my PC. I click on the connect button on dreamup. This message come up" Unable to open com-port, aborting" Can anyone tell me what is going on?

krazylegz
2nd January, 2009, 11:48 AM
try using device manager to see what ports are free then change port number in dreamup accordingly m8

rickrust
6th January, 2009, 04:05 PM
Hi all Im using dreamup for my dreambox to back up the image but when i click on the com port it only gives me com 3 and not com 1 as i need com1 to back up image i can do this on my brothers pc but its a pain in the butt caus i have to keep on calling around to his crib to do it, Is there any way of setting up the com port to com 1 Thanks

trickykid
6th January, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hi all Im using dreamup for my dreambox to back up the image but when i click on the com port it only gives me com 3 and not com 1 as i need com1 to back up image i can do this on my brothers pc but its a pain in the butt caus i have to keep on calling around to his crib to do it, Is there any way of setting up the com port to com 1 Thanks

do the backup using flashwizardPro. It's faster and then you can load the file into another box. Easier and faster.

al_madhi
6th January, 2009, 06:44 PM
To - Devilfish
{ Null Modem Cable } This is NOT the same as a serial or RS 232 , although it looks the same .
Is Null Modem Cable cross cable or straight cable if neither
what is it ? Please advice . Thanks
A.M.AL-MADHI

trickykid
6th January, 2009, 06:51 PM
To - Devilfish
{ Null Modem Cable } This is NOT the same as a serial or RS 232 , although it looks the same .
Is Null Modem Cable cross cable or straight cable if neither
what is it ? Please advice . Thanks
A.M.AL-MADHI

check this:
Null modem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_modem)

gratkin
12th January, 2009, 09:37 PM
how do i get the dreamup.exe an the img file for the dream box

Devilfish
12th January, 2009, 10:14 PM
Dreamup is included in the first post of this thread.

And there are image files in the download section.

gratkin
12th January, 2009, 10:57 PM
hi i was wondering if you can help as im struggeling ive not got a 9 pin female on my computor so i was wondering if its pos to do it through a usb / to 9 hole female lead thanx glynne

kingpin1970
30th January, 2009, 01:24 PM
How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's running

Good Luck!
devilfish can you help me please? the key maker you put on last year i have lost it well my H- Drive dead:coffin: and i lost every thing so please can you send me the roms+keys+key maker please for DBox 500 /cable

Dreamer
30th January, 2009, 01:53 PM
Kingpin please read the first post in this thread for keymaster.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/keymaster-v1-2-a-15751/#post82230

Ps what username were you using last year then, did you lose the password?

xxxinstigator
9th February, 2009, 10:01 AM
I've tried this, but to no avail. I get the connection prepared message but then when I switch the box on nothing happens.

My null modem cable connects to my PC via USB - not sure if this is the issue - used to always work on my Nokia DBox but not on the Dreambox.

The annoying thing is that this is a brand new DVB Monkey box that doesn't load (just flashes on the Kaos image splash sceen the beeps and repeats this process) - but they don't seem to respond to email.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

pistol
13th February, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hi Devilfish

Do you have a working copy of DreamUp for the DM600PVR as the one you have posted seems to be corrupt.

Thanks

minak
14th February, 2009, 10:32 PM
where can i download the image file for my dreambox

Dreamer
14th February, 2009, 11:10 PM
you can find it in the download section along with guides. itf you look up at the top of the page you will see a navigation bar which has items listed in red. you want to click on the download one and then go to the dreambox section. If you have just joined it can sometimes take 30 mins before the server updates.

gwhitehead11
27th February, 2009, 08:02 PM
Does this work for dreambox 500c also?

msben
9th March, 2009, 10:33 AM
hi
does it work on dreambox 7020s ?
many thanks

mcassidy
20th March, 2009, 11:54 PM
Hi. I have just experienced my first "image failure" on a DM500C. I received 3 dm 500c's recently and two flashed perfectly using the dk1.1 image and dreamup with no problems. However the third box simply refused to get past the initial dreamup message.
As a last resort I tried to use the existing image options on the box to perform an internal flash. The menu option informed me that I should copy to the tmp folder and rename the image to "root.cramfs". I took as backup of dk1.1 from one of the other boxes. I then copied this to a temporary folder on my laptop and then ftp'd to the problem box. I used the menu option on the problem box to perform a "manual" update. All seemed to go ok with messages appearing informing me that "flash" and "flash erase" had occurred. However after rebooting the box the dk image logo repeatedly appeared and disappeared. I was unable to select the menu in order to check the communication settings. I tried dreamup once again without any success. I seem to be completely snookered with this box. Are there any other actions I can try. Thanks.

MrEverton
21st March, 2009, 07:52 PM
I'm only a nooob really but have you tried reset to factory settings and re flashing the same way as you did the other two?

Krypton
21st March, 2009, 07:54 PM
Hi. I have just experienced my first "image failure" on a DM500C. I received 3 dm 500c's recently and two flashed perfectly using the dk1.1 image and dreamup with no problems. However the third box simply refused to get past the initial dreamup message.
As a last resort I tried to use the existing image options on the box to perform an internal flash. The menu option informed me that I should copy to the tmp folder and rename the image to "root.cramfs". I took as backup of dk1.1 from one of the other boxes. I then copied this to a temporary folder on my laptop and then ftp'd to the problem box. I used the menu option on the problem box to perform a "manual" update. All seemed to go ok with messages appearing informing me that "flash" and "flash erase" had occurred. However after rebooting the box the dk image logo repeatedly appeared and disappeared. I was unable to select the menu in order to check the communication settings. I tried dreamup once again without any success. I seem to be completely snookered with this box. Are there any other actions I can try. Thanks.

i just had a box bought to me today with this exact same prob!! weird!! i flashed the box using a back up image.
and it worked fine mate

mcassidy
22nd March, 2009, 12:40 AM
Hi.Thanks for your reply. Can you tell what was the original image on the box? I think the one on mine was some version of Gemini although I did not check. I was able initially to use the existing image on the box to set the IP address and also access the option to manually update the image. As stated in my previous post the option advised me to copy to tmp folder and rename. I copied a backup dk1.1 from another box and then ftped this to the box which refused to cooperate with Dreamup.
The end result was a displaying and then disappearing of the DK logo in an endless loop. I have been reading on the forum that there is a version of the Gemini image which can effectively "kill" the dm500c box to the extent that it is completely dead and not even showing the green led. My box still shows the green led but at the moment is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. I am glad you were successful. If you can shed any further light on the situation I would be most grateful. I have also read about JTag on the forum. Using this can apparently bring dead boxes back to life.I find it very confusing. Perhaps someone has a noobs guide to make it easy to use.

offside
29th March, 2009, 11:15 AM
is it DreamUp work with DM800?

kris9000
7th April, 2009, 08:08 PM
Can dreamup use an ethernet cable?

Any help much appreciated

lcamodupe
7th April, 2009, 08:18 PM
does all usb to rs232 work for flashing?

krazylegz
7th April, 2009, 08:18 PM
yes usually although you might need different drivers installed on your pc/lappy

lcamodupe
7th April, 2009, 08:44 PM
so all i need to flash my new dm500c is
- null modem
-dkv1.1
-ftp program

proscroby1921
23rd April, 2009, 03:09 AM
This is my first visit to the site and I was trying to download the .rar file but it seems not to be there. Am I looking in all the wrong places?

kris9000
25th April, 2009, 06:16 PM
the guide looks very easy to use, I have just received my null modem lead and a converter to USB 2.0, however it has not came with a driver. Does anyone know where I candownload one?

Bonesy
1st May, 2009, 10:58 AM
the guide looks very easy to use, I have just received my null modem lead and a converter to USB 2.0, however it has not came with a driver. Does anyone know where I candownload one?

You shouldnt needc a driver.

Just go into your system tools, select comes ports. You'll have a coms port one. just delete that. Then select the usb port , properties i think..and change that coms port to 1. then you should be done.

morphiusd
3rd May, 2009, 11:11 AM
Great guide, worked a treat for me......and I'm a complete novice with this box :laugh:

Only problem I'm having now is with the keys....my .txt seems to be empty, any advice/help?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work guys
:top:

aftermath
3rd May, 2009, 11:15 AM
once you get the keys added to the box, and they update, your keylist.txt will automatically change with the time and date and rom/keys e.t.c

kdonnelly88
4th May, 2009, 07:14 PM
hi, will a usb to null modem cable work? thanks

krisbanagan
8th May, 2009, 02:05 PM
yes!!!guys ill try using usb-rs232 for dream up no luck so u need desktop pc its working properly& smooth tia...

overseasten
16th May, 2009, 09:39 AM
hi all im trying to flash my dm800 with dreamup but it keeps telling me that the file is to big ?? can anyone please help

aminder
18th May, 2009, 08:11 PM
I got a problem with my new box hopefully this helps

papadam
29th May, 2009, 03:15 PM
hi any news about dreambox 500c. i had it for while and it was ok then everyday some channels are disapearing...any chance to get them back? may be with new flash image.etc...or?

mtv1
29th May, 2009, 04:00 PM
what provider u with m8

bassboost10
29th May, 2009, 04:17 PM
Is there a single image that i can use with the DM500-C for both cable and satellite feeds, i.e no need for separate boxes for cable and satellite.
Thanks

bassboost10
29th May, 2009, 04:19 PM
can i use dreamup with windows7?

seefu212
6th June, 2009, 07:21 PM
can anyone help me i was restoring my dream box and i got a power cut not my dream will not turn off and it just repeats the same immage tryed to connect it with dream up but it says now turn on dream box its on but it does not work

dv1906
10th June, 2009, 08:52 AM
can some one help me plz. my laptop does not have any ports. so when i open dreamup programme it does not load and give me a message saying : ERROR:can,t find any COM ports - aborting!!. what can i do?? and how plz? easy instructions i have xp. is it possible to flash my dm800 clone bootloader #70 with nabilo image 10?? and when i sort out problem with ports is it the same as using the null modem cable??? thank you you all

djam
13th June, 2009, 07:23 PM
Hi need help have brand new dm500 t living in cork ireland can someone tell me how to setup from the beginning to the end my provider is c..s thanks for helping

djam
14th June, 2009, 03:51 PM
hi guys,anyone can help me .i flash the gemini image already in my dreambox500t but ido not known how to flash the evocamd 2.17

mccoy_ar
19th June, 2009, 12:39 AM
What is the different between two cable and how to modify the RS232?

glic83
19th June, 2009, 12:47 AM
where are you based mate?i could send you a back up of my dw 2.1 image if you want,it would be handy if you could flash it withh dream up though

ferchu
20th June, 2009, 09:52 PM
Change the port!

csacsi72
22nd June, 2009, 08:09 PM
very best! I want sharing, plese give me some info

Bulld0g
22nd June, 2009, 08:19 PM
No sharing talk allowed in the forum m8.

fez1975
24th June, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hi,
I have just ordered a DM500c from dvbmonkey and a null cable from maplins ready to flash the box using the dreamUP software. I have read the guide and all seems to be straight forward but do I need a downloaded image to start with or is it all within the dreamUP software?
Thanks in advance

leskent
25th June, 2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the tut just bought a dreambox 500c and without this forum I would not have had a clue how to flash it and get it working.
so great work and thanks again.
Lez.........

mr.mojorisin
25th June, 2009, 04:52 PM
after much messing about i finally done it...
BOOM...bought Null Modem Cable
BOOM...bought crossover cable
BOOM...read a lot of threads
BOOM...downloaded correct stuff
BOOM...flashed image with Dreamup (null modem)
BOOM...put correct files in correct places with FlashFXP (crossover)
BOOM...scanned for channels
BOOM...restarted evocam and tuned to sly sports
BOOM...channels up and running :)

A BIG thanks to all who helped and all the guides/downloads etc without which i'd be seriously fcuked.....CHEERS....

anismohamed
6th July, 2009, 11:13 AM
iv got the dreambox 500 c im starting to get tyhe image but is the files for the 500 s are they the same

BRASS EAGLE
8th July, 2009, 09:07 PM
hi mate followed your exelent guide ,a bit stuck now whare can i get an image from ??

Bulld0g
8th July, 2009, 09:08 PM
Take your pic m8 Digital Kaos - Downloads - Images (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-images-2/)

fez1975
11th July, 2009, 06:20 PM
Got the box and did some reading on the forums / guides and the box is spot on and couldn't be happier!
Big thanks to all for the guides

jhaye2x
14th July, 2009, 10:45 PM
How Do I Use Dreamup?

If, for any reason, your box won't boot, you will have to use Dreamup to flash an image instead of Flash Wizard Pro or any other method. You won't be able to connect via ethernet so no ip address is required. It may be that the process simply hung up during flashing or you accidentally pulled the plug half way through (yes it did happen to me). This will get you back on track.hi, i have downloaded the dreamup software.put my null modem cable in,turned off the power.everything is ok until it gets to( initating flash loader upload) and thats as far as it gets.i turned on the power when it says to.it will no initate the flash. any ideas.. jhaye2x

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

Good Luck!
hi, i have downloaded the dreamup software.put my null modem cable in,turned off the power.everything is ok until it gets to( initating flash loader upload) and thats as far as it gets.i turned on the power when it says to.it will no initate the flash. any ideas.. jhaye2x

ecowarm
17th July, 2009, 09:26 AM
On plugging in my new blackbox 500s this morning, the first thing I did was try to ftp the digital kaos image to the system and perform a manual update. All looked good till the system restarted, then restarted again, then again, ad infinitum. Dug an old laptop and a null cable out the loft and got Dreamup from the official web site. Followed your guide and 5 mins later we are back to scanning for services. Thanks for a simple to follow guide telling any muppet exactly what to do.

kokoronikui
6th August, 2009, 03:51 PM
Does the dreamup software work under vista?

cgscott
6th August, 2009, 03:57 PM
Does the dreamup software work under vista?

Yes it does.

yeedazz
11th August, 2009, 02:37 PM
Hi i am new to the forum here, i wish to make a backup of my existing DM500c using DreamUp, once completed backup, the saved file doesn't appear to have a .img extension... also it is not being recognised as .img file, do we need to create or rename the saved image?? I did something wrong?

I need the backup copy to flash another completely new DM500 such that it will function similarly to the original set.

abeltcb
14th August, 2009, 04:00 PM
how to backup the image from a good box?

eml
17th August, 2009, 04:34 PM
Excellent guide, just what I needed:proud:

owen7
18th August, 2009, 06:11 PM
Cant get this to work :( dreamup boxes are greyed out, all i can press is disconnect.

Help!

Done!

omid
19th August, 2009, 09:37 AM
who can i found one image file from cablecom switzerland to uplaod in my dreambox 500C. i can with your best Guide connect my dreambox to PC but i dont have IMAGE to flash it.

sphramsay
19th August, 2009, 11:28 AM
hi many thanks i tried this and it has worked only problem is that only fta channels are showing how do i get the other channels? I have also load keys from rapid share but still no joy could i be doing something wrong.

nasir_ratan
21st August, 2009, 12:42 AM
Hi i got a dreambox 500s. i am trying to flash to DM500Gemini_360. now my box i not working just showing display image and every 30 sec the screen is flashing. please help me to fix it thanks

Tush
22nd August, 2009, 02:40 AM
i need key for my dreambox

mtv1
22nd August, 2009, 03:37 AM
hey tush you don't ... flash with image dk1.1 press blue restart evo + eureka pm me if you have difficultly

vardy
26th August, 2009, 12:09 PM
gr8 guide this is what ive been looking 4 thanks

Blake Edmonds
27th August, 2009, 11:26 AM
great mate thanks for the tips.
Dreambox on it's way! can't wait.

ms9086
27th August, 2009, 06:12 PM
thanks i done dremup
how load ccam in dreambox 500s plz?

wacky
23rd September, 2009, 11:36 AM
sorry lads still not sure /bootloader ?/wat is that i thought dreamup had everything is this rite i bought a 500c and want 2 flash it im in ireland choxus ,do i just connect the dreambox to my computer click dreamup then it will say power on box . connection made green will fill accross wen full i press flash leave a few min press ok power down and roboot 10 min later and scan 4 channells i have a 9pin nul modem witch i have used to flash eurovox but useing a laptop so bought a male to female con any help mutch appre thanks

ranz
24th September, 2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks,

Just for info, my DM500c would not work using this method, i had to erase flash first, then flash and answer No to the erase option for it to work.

Keep this in mind if your box does not respond first time.

Ranz

pwmman
26th September, 2009, 03:33 PM
Tried this but all I get is blank tv screen and the dreambox seems to have crashed. Green light on but cannot turn off with standby button and won't accept any commands from the remote control. Please help!!!!!!

antondec
9th October, 2009, 07:42 PM
How can i download dk v1.1?

Bailliebhoy
13th October, 2009, 09:27 PM
hey guys, I have the DM 500C dream box, and I've got all the channels although when I try and view them it goes into black and white and no picture pops up, any advice? only bought it today

mtv1
13th October, 2009, 09:30 PM
it needs to be flashed m8 Cable Dreambox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/) look at red stickies here

Bailliebhoy
13th October, 2009, 09:35 PM
which flash would I use though? Flash it with dreamup or Flashfxp to ftp the box? really don't have the foggiest idea

mtv1
13th October, 2009, 09:39 PM
dreamup is fast you just need image from downloads dk image is good

Bailliebhoy
13th October, 2009, 10:24 PM
used the dk image, is it a backup image or have i used the wrong one? tried it twice and getting no channels at all now? I'm using glasgow ntl or telewest but no channels from either

Lazibbi
26th October, 2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks a lot for the info. It's quite helpful. I gotta get a null modem cable first. Where can I find images for the 600 pvr Dreambox?

Thanks.

Bulld0g
26th October, 2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks a lot for the info. It's quite helpful. I gotta get a null modem cable first. Where can I find images for the 600 pvr Dreambox?

Thanks.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Search (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=search)

George Drummond
26th October, 2009, 01:23 PM
Where can I get copy (instructions ) for Dreamup?

ukmale_121
2nd November, 2009, 09:52 PM
thanks for this awesome help.. it can sure be a hair pullling excersise if the correct guide isnt available... thanks a million

caveman_nige
3rd November, 2009, 02:47 PM
Where can I get copy (instructions ) for Dreamup?

just read post 1 of this thread as its tells you all you need to know... dreamup does not really do anything else..

downloaded
4th November, 2009, 12:01 PM
Thank u, it looks interesting, will try this out

punxxxter
5th November, 2009, 08:27 PM
this is a great guide!!! thanx for the help,its easy when ya know how lol, keep up the good work.

roly2710
10th November, 2009, 07:09 PM
cheers for the info, much appreciated

roly

mpcrudeboy
10th November, 2009, 07:22 PM
Please help! i got w null cable & dm500c, when it came the screen was green! ive connected the cable & connected via dreamup, i get 18:14:22 box type: DM500 on dreamup then nothing, wont let me click flash. Little green light is on (the box). think they might of sold me a diffrent cable even tho it stated null modem on ebay? any help would be great?

rude7
18th November, 2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the upload came in really handy.

EsTeTicu
22nd November, 2009, 08:03 PM
Hello,

My DM500 box didn't work after home movement and I tried flashing with null modem cable home-made by me, and dreamup universal version 1.3.3.4 and it say's everything ok, flashed successfuly.

But box still doesn't work, green led is on all the time, no response to remote or standby button, and black screen on TV.

I checked my remote with my mobile phone camera and works. Also tried flashing erase.img into it and then a image but still not working.

During flash erase the red led is blinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

mmr
23rd November, 2009, 07:19 PM
seem to have nuked my dm800, hoping the version of dreamup posted in the first post will get it back
:afraid:

mmr
23rd November, 2009, 07:51 PM
got a message,

flash failed, no socket the box will be unuseable

any suggestions welcome

mummysboy
24th November, 2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the guide and all the information.

Just one question.

If i have a "clone" what are the tell tale signs? apart from made in china i mean.

dl321
27th November, 2009, 08:01 PM
Is there a guide that breaks down the process of setting up the DM500c for all the channels that is simple for a newbee as I need to know what to do from start to finish from when you take the thing out of the box - please help as these guides seem quite hard to get my head round....

warmer82
29th November, 2009, 11:07 AM
for anyone who is trying to get dreamup to work try putting dreamup in c:\ i had alot of probems having dreamup in desktop.

vishkinjohn
8th December, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hei, thanx, I`m pretty new in this so i want to ask 1 question, I` live in Norway and want to recieve Canal digital or Viasat, CD should be on Thor 3 sat, what i do after flashing the DM500s? swich to internet and after, what file or should I subscribe somewhere or , something

med
9th December, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone, I've done everything, but nothing happens, help please

caveman_nige
9th December, 2009, 03:43 PM
Hei, thanx, I`m pretty new in this so i want to ask 1 question, I` live in Norway and want to recieve Canal digital or Viasat, CD should be on Thor 3 sat, what i do after flashing the DM500s? swich to internet and after, what file or should I subscribe somewhere or , something

its best you now move to the Sat Dreambox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/) section and ask your questions in there regarding your satellite set ups etc, they will be able to help you..

caveman_nige
9th December, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone, I've done everything, but nothing happens, help please

Are you getting an error?
what version of windows/mac/linux are you using?
how far did you get?
Are you trying to flash with a crossover cat5 cable or a null modem cable?
I am assuming you box is a dm500c

if you can supply some more detail the guys will help you out..

dadi777
12th December, 2009, 12:48 AM
thank u i tried a lot of things to flash
my dreambox 500-s.

:ciao:

Hazzastalavista
14th December, 2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for this guide. Will try it to see if I can revive my DM 500-s. All I have is a little green LED. Hopefully will be able to get it to work again.

rsorez
14th December, 2009, 05:26 PM
Great guide, but just one question, did anynone tried to slash the DM 500s wit the ethernet cable? that's the crossover cable with the RJ-45 plug? is it possible?

Hazzastalavista
14th December, 2009, 05:38 PM
Done it with the null cable. Worked a treat.

kue999uk
18th December, 2009, 12:44 AM
safe for tht bro ...

mike6012
25th December, 2009, 11:25 PM
tv so poor on xmas day iv resorted to sortin my dream box out:proud:

nma1999
26th December, 2009, 07:45 PM
After 2 days of solid tinkering with hardly any food got the blighter to work.
Had issues with not sure if COM1 port working or not - so did a loopback test and then found that COM1 port not working as it being used by the internal modem.
Then MAPLINs closed so had to hack two old mice and make a new null cable without a soldering iron and eventually got it to work.
Then used dreamup and devilfish instruction and such bliss when my earlier screwed up DM500C was able to bootload.
Then box got stuck in TV Wizard mode - and it seemed remote not working - but soon checked with video camara and it was. Thus opened up box and played with ribbon cable and it seemed not connected properly so then that got fixed - although no green light on the box now - but at least it works.
Wifey says I have been ignoring her over Xmas, and kids are bored as I am not driving them through 3 hours of traffic to to shopping but I am now obssesed:-).

This brings to the latest problem of downloading keys.
Unable to get access to rapidshare latest version of the keys, (11870369 or something like that), and using some other keys downloaded from links in this forum.
Seem to get some channels but not others - like no Sports - and not sure why.
Holding INFO down for 3 secs and using eurocam but then still have to go and do a Automatic Scan and used default Kings location. That picks up channels but not Sports.
Cannot goto Sky Sports channel as per guide (as dont know the number - I tihnk 511 buthat it not registering).

Hence stuck as to what to do next - and appreciate any help.
:giveup:

Would the latest keys from make a difference and should I pay for them from rapidshare?

Would I then need to update the keys on a regular basis?

Ta in advance.

druid11
26th December, 2009, 08:25 PM
Hi I just got my dreambox and lloking forward to set it up

nma1999
27th December, 2009, 01:32 AM
Finally finished with a little luck !

Was going to get the files from rapidshare as a premium user, and as a last attempt decided to auto-scan transponder with bruteforce uk - ow and behold it worked and seem to have what I was looking for.
Two days of slogging away and pleased.
May try to connect to to network next.

Lessons learnt,

Its all out there somewhere - probably on this website
Some excellent user guides at DK especially from the senior guys
Persevere
Check if the COM port actually works - I went mad thinking my null cable wasnt working - about 3 hours of work as made myself (shops closed) only to release COM port issue - tested using loopback
Some other guides a little bit vague but hack around and you will get there
It seems the remote cables inside box may sometimes come a little loose so worth checking
Difficult to get keys - its out there
Autoscan sometimes worked for some channels - bruteforce UK did the trick
Finally over so time to shop for a new LCD TV

Once again thanks to the forum members and comments by others as well.

Take care and have a great 2010.

:proud:

maldman
2nd January, 2010, 04:14 PM
going to use this program on Monday once shops open because I don't have a null modem cable to use :(

I have a ERR1 CA FAILED error :(

zzzakos
2nd January, 2010, 07:18 PM
Do you have a clone?
We have the same disease.

chriswas
14th January, 2010, 12:02 AM
Excellent advice here. Dreamup has sorted my problems with previously faulty image. Many hours spent trying to sort current image but best to go with Dreamup I found:egg:

mzahabi53
14th January, 2010, 10:50 AM
Sir, i ahve been thropugh all that, and and uploadedthe image file. All I get is few chanells on the box. How and what should i do to get all the chanells. Please Help!!!!

I have searched the net, and to be honest i am confused.com. Please point me..

All help appriciated. Pkm me pleae if you would.

MZ

How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

Good Luck!

zanderrfc
26th January, 2010, 10:15 AM
im having the same problem

zanderrfc
26th January, 2010, 10:16 AM
anyone know how to descramble the 500c:banghead:

zanderrfc
26th January, 2010, 10:39 AM
where do i get dream up ?

myron
28th January, 2010, 12:15 AM
how to flash dreambox 500c

lloyd70
30th January, 2010, 01:20 PM
Hello

I get as far as this message then nothing, how long should I wait, it just stay at that point

#

winmaner
5th February, 2010, 06:05 PM
Excellent instructions exactly what a novice like myself is looking for ....thanks ...much appreciated

donnethecoach
5th February, 2010, 07:47 PM
lloyd70 I had same problem, newbie myself - just check you got the right com port - when you go to device manager - I had to change from COM3 to COM4 for the serial cable...

doruandrisy
6th February, 2010, 06:54 AM
hy .my brother give me a dreambox 500 ,but i dont now how to configure .pls help

karanba
6th February, 2010, 12:11 PM
I have DM500-s have try to flash him but I get error...on another DM500-s I connect him and says
upload complete,waiting for acknowledge...

and stays like so...pls help..

thx

pou
8th February, 2010, 10:31 AM

t782jva
8th February, 2010, 11:43 PM
Hi,

I am fairly new to this. I have recently purchased DM500C box and would like to know how what all I need to start using it.

Thanks

ryu101
10th February, 2010, 11:19 AM
anyone using 518s ?

lloyd70
10th February, 2010, 12:08 PM
I have dreamup the box now, but when I go to flash it or upload DK V1.1 I get "error upload aborted"

Any help please,