PDA

View Full Version : XBMC Dash on xbox1

Bulld0g
17th March, 2009, 08:02 PM
First off i know this is a 360 forum and my question is about xbox 1, but i didn't know where to put it . Sorry if it's in the wrong place.
Right. I'm looking for some help from our very knowledgable members :)
I've just dug my old xbox out. It is chipped executer 2 and the dash is slayers evo V+3921. It's running xbmp and i want to put on xbmc and use it as a media centre.
Now can i download another dash with xbmc in and overwrite the Slayers and if so can someone give me a link. Or can i just download xbmc and ftp that ? Can someone direct me to a link with a tut in. I know theres some xbox experts out there like Witchy ;) So any help as always would be really appreciated guys.

cunny
17th March, 2009, 08:17 PM
How to softmod your Xbox and install XBMC for free - boards.ie (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256404)

Thats what i found but not sure if it right, let me know as i might get 1 of the oldies lol

Bulld0g
17th March, 2009, 08:27 PM
thanks m8 thats for softmodding your xbox. Mines chipped but i'll have a look later and let you know how things go.

cunny
17th March, 2009, 08:32 PM
i think you should be able to instal it too.

I have installed the twighlight hack on the wii with a wii key in it so should work m8, i will go look and see what i can dig out and pm you

Decided would do it here for others:

http://www.worldxbox.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20942

caveman_nige
17th March, 2009, 08:39 PM
i use the xbmc

have a read of this place XBMC | Upgrading XBMC for Xbox (http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Updating_/_Upgrading_XBMC)

Bulld0g
17th March, 2009, 08:46 PM
Link wont load m8. Even checking xbmc.org it wont load. Can you try it again please KV :)

caveman_nige
17th March, 2009, 08:52 PM
it was a bookmarked page but I am a member and it may not be viewable to non members. or it could have been moved. go that site and follow their faq it should take you to it..

Bulld0g
17th March, 2009, 08:56 PM
cheers m8 will have a read on that :)

Jaffa
17th March, 2009, 09:45 PM
I dont know what those links where about as they are blocked at work. So sorry if they are about this.

Grab yourself Auto-Installer Deluxe

You cannot go wrong with it, just burn to disc and shove it in xbox, the choices are your fro there, install the latest xmbc, themes, skins etc, format hdd.....theres loads you can do with it. IMHO its much better than slayers.

Some of the skins available on the net now from xmbc are amazing.

Bulld0g
17th March, 2009, 09:47 PM
I dont know what those links where about as they are blocked at work. So sorry if they are about this.

Grab yourself Auto-Installer Deluxe

You cannot go wrong with it, just burn to disc and shove it in xbox, the choices are your fro there, install the latest xmbc, themes, skins etc, format hdd.....theres loads you can do with it. IMHO its much better than slayers.

Some of the skins available on the net now from xmbc are amazing.

Thanks Jaffa :) I'll go an try and find that now m8

Jaffa
17th March, 2009, 09:57 PM
Project Gotham III skin is included in AIdeluxe and is probably one of the best skins available. Theres are loads all over the net though, I used to try them all.

Heres some but not the main skins pages as I cant get them at work but you can see project gotham III on it.

XBMC Skins at SavvyGeek (http://savvygeek.com/xbmc-skins/)

As a media center the xbox is hard to beat, you can turn the fan right down to reduce noise, only reason I stopped using it lately is it doesnt do .mkv files.

.: JaCkPoT :.
17th March, 2009, 10:06 PM
we have xbmc on our xbox1...thing is i dont understand your dilemma..lol

on_the_jazz
18th March, 2009, 12:54 AM
I've only ever used Slayer, and made it so that it boots into xbmc when you switch it on. Not sure why some ppl boot to a menu when you can do everything in xbmc.
I also wanted to add that when I did mine I had a lot of trouble because I was using a hard drive over 500GB so had to use another program to partition. If you want this prog let me know since I should still have it somewhere. It was never available on Slayers but I believe it was on Ramboo's installer.
Has this all been surpassed by Auto-Installer Deluxe Jaffa? 1 dvd to install everything?

Jaffa
18th March, 2009, 10:07 AM
Has this all been surpassed by Auto-Installer Deluxe Jaffa? 1 dvd to install everything?

Not sure if it has a partitioning app on AID cos I never needed to use it, it has a lot of things on it which you can choose to have on the disc before you burn the .iso.
I only wanted it to install xbmc so it booted straight off and it did that. Some of the skins are great cos you can have thumbnails and use dvd covers for your films or if connected to net you can make it go to imdb and it looks amazing although some of the best skins may not be on AID.

Bulld0g
18th March, 2009, 10:29 AM
we have xbmc on our xbox1...thing is i dont understand your dilemma..lol

I haven't got xbmc m8 i've got xbmp