PDA

View Full Version : Wifi password help

Grover2000
5th April, 2013, 02:14 PM
Hi is possible to copy a wifi password from iPad to iPhone via iTunes? Unfortunately, I do not know the password. Any help on the matter is appreciated.

andy211081
5th April, 2013, 05:04 PM
is it your home router? just log into its settings and alter or check the password?

Grover2000
5th April, 2013, 07:09 PM
It is not my home router. It is a public place. I got access to my iPad officially but wondered if I could add my iPhone unofficially off my iPad.

Grover

johnboy1974
5th April, 2013, 09:04 PM
I don't think this can be done. However there is a workaround as long as the ipad is jailbroken. If it is let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Grover2000
5th April, 2013, 09:53 PM
Unfortunately the iPad is not jail broken

grover

johnboy1974
6th April, 2013, 07:45 AM
I don't think it can be done mate unless you get the codes.
If you do jailbreak it then get the Cydia store app mywi. You can connect your ipad to the protected network as usual then start up mywi and tether your
iPhone from the ipad. Both will have access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ominimicu
10th April, 2013, 09:59 AM
Yes, if you already have the pass stored and wifi atumatically connects to that network, if you sync in Itunes the pass wil saved in the network settings. even if you buy a new iphone and use the backup, it will transfer wifi passwords too

SuperSavingMom
27th April, 2013, 01:50 AM
cool thankx for the info...

cojonudo
24th August, 2013, 04:03 PM
I know this is pretty late, but in case anyone is interested

You can do it in two ways.

The first is using 1password, or a similar password storing app

The other, arguably more sensible one is just to wait a few more weeks. iOS 7 comes out and it has iCloud keychain, which allows you to share your passwords across your devices.