PDA

View Full Version : iphone 3Gs lcd problem because of testing LCDs without turning off the mobile.

alexisvlassis
6th April, 2013, 01:50 AM
hello! my iphone's 3Gs burns any LCD i'm connecting. i was testing LCDs to fix other mobiles without turning off my iphone. when i put a new one LCD, it gets burned and shows me color vertical lines! what ic should i replace? from where i can buy it?
i'm just finished my stadies on electronics and im trying to solder IC's and connectors with heat gun. yesterday i soldered an FPC connector and everything get perfect. i hope i can fix and my iphone's problem!

ominimicu
6th April, 2013, 10:43 AM
BENJOE-GSM-SERVICES: iPhone 3gs NO DISPLAY ( DONE ) (http://benjoe-gsm-services.blogspot.com.es/2011/04/iphone-3gs-no-display-done.html)

you can find on ebay all that you need

alexisvlassis
6th April, 2013, 03:20 PM
no, i cant... i can find only FPC connectors and the IC that regards the touch screen. I mean the 109B and 6r8 coil. anyone who can tell me which is the component for the lcd circuit that burns when you're changing the LCD without turning off the divice...?

alexisvlassis
6th April, 2013, 04:35 PM
thank you for the link!

alexisvlassis
6th April, 2013, 05:06 PM
Do you know if it's dangerous to solder it with heat gun? Is there any possibility to burn it with too much temperature? is there any trick or something...? i saw on ebay something like a copper foil that has little holes for the heating... you put it over the component and it heats only the place which the pins are below..
sorry for my English...

ominimicu
7th April, 2013, 08:38 AM
for Ic and componenets heat gun works perfect, i dod used once to desolder a connector and it melt the plastic.

as for the issu with the LCD just google. there is so much info about it