PDA

View Full Version : help me help me help me

bobfrapples
18th March, 2009, 12:49 AM
evenin all. well.... i successfully softmodded my own wii a couple of days ago using the twilight hack and promised my son that i would be able to do the same for him ( it is after all very simple when following the instructions laid out for noobs like me in this forum ) however my lads wii already had 3.4e firmware installed and i have been at the bleeder all day but i cant even install the homebrew channel it just keeps failing. i have had at least 20-25 different attempts using all manner of different methods ive found but nothing seems to work.i keep getting " boot.elf failed " or even " boot.dol not found followed always by " no data found.hanging " upon which it just does nothing. i hate to admit defeat and i have now promised my boy im gonna do it so am asking for any advice possible to help ease my poor aching brain. why is this such a big problem?

bobfrapples
18th March, 2009, 01:34 AM
am still plugging away but now just have a neverending
err=1000003, reply=80400900 etc etc im lost

huggie
18th March, 2009, 11:25 AM
evenin all. well.... i successfully softmodded my own wii a couple of days ago using the twilight hack and promised my son that i would be able to do the same for him ( it is after all very simple when following the instructions laid out for noobs like me in this forum ) however my lads wii already had 3.4e firmware installed and i have been at the bleeder all day but i cant even install the homebrew channel it just keeps failing. i have had at least 20-25 different attempts using all manner of different methods ive found but nothing seems to work.i keep getting " boot.elf failed " or even " boot.dol not found followed always by " no data found.hanging " upon which it just does nothing. i hate to admit defeat and i have now promised my boy im gonna do it so am asking for any advice possible to help ease my poor aching brain. why is this such a big problem?

you have to downgrade to 32e its easy! before you can install the hack!

bobfrapples
18th March, 2009, 11:49 AM
ah eventually i found another forum that had a very helpful q&a section which explained to me what might be going wrong. turns out my sd card was the problem so i just took the 2gb one out the diggie camera formatted it and hey presto what took a whole bleedin day could have been the 5 minute job i knew it to be all along. ah well never mind.:unionflag: