PDA

View Full Version : TomTom v6.02 on Nokia N95

Devilfish
21st May, 2008, 06:05 PM
You can now have TomTom v6.02 working on your Nokia N95 with the internal GPS.

Download the files required here...

TomTom v6.02 on Nokia N95 (http://rapidshare.com/files/116564058/tomtom.internal.gps.support.v6.02.s60v3.symbianos9 .1FULL.rar)

Install Instructions:

1) Install 1.bt.sisx. Run it. It should say "Device added"
At this point you can also uninstall it - it is no longer needed.

2) Install 2.GPSd.jar. Run this prior to starting TomTom

3) Install 3.tomtom.sisx

4) Copy the TomTom folder from the 0.Copy.To.MEMCARD.Root.rar
to the root of your memory card.

5) Run TomTom. Choose Yes when it asks you to switch on bluetooth. Go to Change preferences, Show GPS status, Configure, Other Bluetooth GPS receiver, and select the
BiNPDA GPS.

* You need to change the preferences every time you start tomtom. It won't
remember that you were using the internal GPS*

* If you need to switch from internal, to an "external" receiver, you may need
to click on "tomtom receiver", and then "other receiver" to get the list of devices again.

Enjoy this Release.. Many Thanks to BiNPDA Team.

Njoy!

caveman_nige
21st May, 2008, 06:08 PM
nice one m8..... another thing to try on my phone.

Elric
31st May, 2008, 02:54 AM
make sure you have version 21 f/ware on phone or it wont pick
any sattilites up,and remember to back the phone prior before
updating the firmware

krazylegz
31st May, 2008, 07:35 PM
theres no maps though..........can you just use any cracked maps?

Elric
1st June, 2008, 12:51 AM
theres no maps though..........can you just use any cracked maps?

try here m8 the links still works ;)

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/51800296/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409.part1.rar
h**p://rapidshare.com/files/51812839/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409.part2.rar
h**p://rapidshare.com/files/51821675/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_1409.part3.rar

i hope this helps....

isotonic_uk
12th July, 2008, 07:24 PM
I didnt even realise this was out for the N95. this is great.

<--isotonic_uk added 71 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...-->

where do the map files go, its seems to run, but it cant find any map.

digilox
14th July, 2008, 11:53 AM
I simply put the folder containing the UK maps onto the mass memory and Tomtom was able to find it.

However .... I can't get it to work with the internal GPS . Works perfect with the bluetooth GPS receiver. I suspect it's because I'm still on orange V20 firmware not V21 as per post above. I'm a bit reluctant to try V21 as I spotted elsewhere that someone had "lost" line 2 on his orange phone after doing the V21 upgrade. I would be happy to hear otherwise from someone who has an Orange N95 8GB and has gone up to V21.

Well me and my big mouth .... just tried it again this afternoon and hey presto working perfectly ! :party :

meggaalexx
15th July, 2008, 08:29 AM
thanx heaps

biffo1
20th July, 2008, 10:53 PM
hi fellas i have a normal n95 tomtom works a treat no probs , tomtom on root of mem card install the prog to phone mem , however on my 8gig , i do the same , but when i try install the tomtom proggy on the phone mem it says update failed , ive put the date back , all sorts , no joy any help would be apprecited
cheers biffo

update ive got it sorted now , the prob now is that i choose the bini gps , does it take a while to pick up satalte 1st time

abynk
21st July, 2008, 06:36 PM
Any one got it working on N958GB, if so please help me to sort myone out(a step bu step guide is much apperciated)

caveman_nige
29th August, 2008, 10:49 AM
Can anybody please point me to the maps for South Western USA (California, Arizona and Nevada). Need them installed before Thursday 4th September 2008.

Reloaded my Phone N95 8Gb this morning, firmware is currently 20.0.016 (the latest Nokia PC suite finds for it). However when i try to install this Tom Tom stuff i cannot install the 1.bt.sisx file, it says 'certificate error'. Anybody know what is happening?

Thanks

darrylporter
29th August, 2008, 02:21 PM
Can you tell me if you can get it to work with the traffic alerts?

ukcheesehead
3rd September, 2008, 03:28 PM
noob here just got a n95 and realy want tomtom , ive folowed steps
but dont understand

i click on tomtom and it comes up on screen but doent move or do a thing just a globe spinning

fel699
3rd September, 2008, 06:02 PM
:dong:Hi, i downloaded the files and installed everything (v2 with uk and ireland and w europe maps)... i get the error message NO MAPS! can someone tell me where the maps folder should be and if i need to rename from the default downloaded ffolder name? there were 3 rar files, i tried to incorporate the into 1 and was told that the file was already in the folder, i wrote over until the maps folder had files from all 3... was this right?

ukcheesehead
3rd September, 2008, 09:43 PM
can some 1 explane step 4 plz i dont understand it thanks

<--ukcheesehead added 110 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...-->

wicked ive worked it out . at last lol all i need is the uk maps and holland can some1 post a working dl link thanks

thelaird
7th September, 2008, 07:55 PM
How do I copy the file to the root of my memory card?

thelaird
11th September, 2008, 07:24 PM
Can anyone help with this? I installed the root mem file into a folder titled OTHER. Is there a specific folder I am supposedto use? All I am getting now is a spinning globe and the words tomtom on the screen of my mobile.

I am using an 8gb memory stick

luckybob99
12th September, 2008, 11:37 PM
seems to work ok on my Nokia 8gb just had to remember to run the Gpsd before starting tomtom and it started up ok but yes it takes a while to pick up the birds I'm on 20.0.0.16 SW maybe if I update the GPS may speed up ????

kalp
12th September, 2008, 11:39 PM
hi guys, another noob, i appear to be having the same problem as thelaird and ukcheesehead.. all i get is a spinning globe and the words tomtom. could someone pls tell me how to sort out this problem! ukcheesehead, i would really appreciate if you could tell me what u did.

thx

linxmutis
13th September, 2008, 10:25 AM
when i tried to install the first bit 'BT' it says Certificate error. Please contact software supplier.
any idies how i could get round it?

regards, Tomas

illigmaster
13th September, 2008, 03:00 PM
hi i had this problem with spinning globe so all i did is rename folder in root dir to just tomtom nothing else then bingo it worked
:manuflag::manusign:

nevasaydie
13th September, 2008, 09:18 PM
i have a nokia n95..but i just did not understand the first post.where do we get all the files to download?

reubs
18th September, 2008, 07:43 PM
Hi guys,

I've followed all the directions to install the tomtom software on my 8gb N95 and as far as i can see i've done it all correctly, but when i go to start the application it gets no further than the tomtom loading screen with the rotating globe.

Any ideas??

Cheers, Reubs

pantha007
24th September, 2008, 12:10 PM
Hi guys,

I've followed all the directions to install the tomtom software on my 8gb N95 and as far as i can see i've done it all correctly, but when i go to start the application it gets no further than the tomtom loading screen with the rotating globe.

Any ideas??

Cheers, Reubs

you may need to format your phone , i had this problem and reformatted and it worked ok :D

lucyfer
26th September, 2008, 04:29 PM
Ive downloaded the software, but dont kno how to get it on my n95? can anyone help?x

caveman_nige
26th September, 2008, 04:43 PM
Ive downloaded the software, but dont kno how to get it on my n95? can anyone help?x

You will need (not essential but easier) Nokia Data Suite or whatever they are calling it this month, its a free download from any Nokia website. You will can send the data to your phone via bluetooth or via cable, your choice..

saldasyl
18th October, 2008, 10:18 PM
thanks man much appreciated

b47t0n
10th November, 2008, 08:25 PM
worked fine for me once i got the maps

thank you very much

Sfollo81
13th November, 2008, 03:04 PM
you may need to format your phone , i had this problem and reformatted and it worked ok :D

Hey, I have tha same proble. My n95 get stuck during the loading of TT.
What you mean with formatting the phone...formatting the memory card or resetting to default factory?

Thanks for help!

foz
23rd November, 2008, 01:47 AM
if you have 8gb you do not need pc suite. plug cable into windows pc and your phone will show up as a hard drive in my computer. simply drop files/copy paste in root.
its been a while since i installed mine but works very well. eats battery life be warned.
foz

chiny
23rd November, 2008, 03:12 AM
it took me while to put on my n80 and n95

Bazza V
1st December, 2008, 04:57 PM
Sorry to be asking the same question but where are the maps? I have managed to set up the program and go through the initial setup to confirming voice etc but no maps.

I tried the rapidshare links but these files were not found.

UPDATED

Found the answer!

The error I made was putting the map files into the TomTom folder on the memory card. Once I moved them out of that folder onto the memory card separately, it found them.

Hope this helps others as well.

Bluecray
7th December, 2008, 04:39 PM
I have done all the above and tom tom is great with an external GPS...

Upon opening the GPSd, the latitude and longitude dont show anything and hence I cannot get the internal GPS to work.

I suspect this is because I am currently on V20 firmware as as per Elric's post one needs V21 for this to work.

From the offical Nokia suite updater it informs me the latest up date is V20 so I assume the V21 is a beta??

Where the heck do I get the V21 firmware upgrade from?? A search on the net tells me alot of ppl have V21 but it doesn't tell me how they downloaded it.....

Would it be safer to wait till Nokia officially release it???

I have the early N95 on 3 Network.

Phil.

mickeyd82
15th December, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hi all i am a complete noob aswell,i have the n95 8gb.
firstly i have followed the steps in the tomtom program and i have installed all 3 apps.I have tomtom installed on my fone,gpsd and bt all installed..
When i went to run tomtom,it asked me for language,then persons voice then it went straight to 'no maps found',it didnt ask me for 'bluetooth gps,however i have tried using bluetooth gpds but it still doesnt pick anythin up?
where am i going wrong as i would like this app for my phone.

Mike

smokey_jnr
15th December, 2008, 03:13 PM

TomTom v6.02 on Nokia N95 (http://rapidshare.com/files/116564058/tomtom.internal.gps.support.v6.02.s60v3.symbianos9 .1FULL.rar)

Njoy!

what o/s does the n95 use...?

mickeyd82
15th December, 2008, 04:26 PM
Right i have just installed the pc suite cus ive never bothered with it tbh,(i just use my cable 2 transfer pics from mass mem) So now i am updating to firmware 3.0 (currently on 2.0)will it work after that?
advice appreciated
Mike

mickeyd82
15th December, 2008, 09:03 PM
Right,i managed to update my phone using the nokia pc suite to firmware 3.0.i did manage to save everythin and my phone basically went back to factory settings..However,when i looked into my mass me mory,i noticed that the tomtom app was still there SO i re-installed it hoping that it would work...and nothing! even tho i had the new version of firmware 3.0 the tomtom would not show any maps or work?
Please can anyone tell me what to do as i have currently deleted it from my phone now...
Thanks
Mike

mickeyd82
15th December, 2008, 09:41 PM
I have done all the above and tom tom is great with an external GPS...

Upon opening the GPSd, the latitude and longitude dont show anything and hence I cannot get the internal GPS to work.

i have just reinstalled tomtom and done everythin the same,my phone crashes on loading tomtom and also the globe just spins round for ages/Also on the gpsd it cant find anythin??

where am i going wrong? cant be this hard just to get tomtom on ya mobile.
I have updated my phone to firmeware 3.0

Bazza V
22nd December, 2008, 07:00 PM
When I was trying to install TT6 the download from the initial link did not contain any useable maps.

There are more links from Devilfish later that show map downloads. Once you have these, place them into a folder called maps on the memory card route (NOT IN THE TOMTOM FOLDER).

TT6 will then work. As long as GPSD is running, it doesn't matter that it hadn't found anything by the time you minimise it. TT6 will then configure and work fine.

modoc
27th December, 2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the info. Very helpful and just what I was looking for.

mickeyd82
29th December, 2008, 01:37 PM
When I was trying to install TT6 the download from the initial link did not contain any useable maps.

There are more links from Devilfish later that show map downloads. Once you have these, place them into a folder called maps on the memory card route (NOT IN THE TOMTOM FOLDER).

TT6 will then work. As long as GPSD is running, it doesn't matter that it hadn't found anything by the time you minimise it. TT6 will then configure and work fine.

Right ok,thanks for replyin.I will try again and get the maps of devilfish and post up how i got on.Thanks
Mike

mickeyd82
29th December, 2008, 09:50 PM
Hi,right i have managed to install tom tom and the maps at alast this afternoon and have finally got Tom Tom on my phone. HOWEVER it cant find any gps signal,in or out the house.went out earlier and it still couldnt find gps signals.I had gpsd running and also the bt runnin.I followed the instructions by going to preferences and changing to 'other' and selecting gpsd..But still nothing.no signal wotsoever,Been trying all afternoon..Anyone any idea why it wont work? When gpsd is running,i just keep getting a box sayin 'select bluetooth + pair' i keep selecting the 'BiNPDA GPS' name but the bluetooth symbol keeps flashin and it wont find any satellites.. :s

ALSO,i typed in my dads address (post code and street) which it found, it then came up 'searchin for available gps satellites' in the next bit..and it stuck on that for ages..I went to gps status and nothing was on,only had 'clients' and '1' was underneath it.
anyone any idea?
Help appreciated and urgently wanted..

Thanks

Mike

mickeyd82
7th January, 2009, 10:23 PM
Hi,right i have managed to install tom tom and the maps at alast this afternoon and have finally got Tom Tom on my phone. HOWEVER it cant find any gps signal,in or out the house.went out earlier and it still couldnt find gps signals.I had gpsd running and also the bt runnin.I followed the instructions by going to preferences and changing to 'other' and selecting gpsd..But still nothing.no signal wotsoever,Been trying all afternoon..Anyone any idea why it wont work? When gpsd is running,i just keep getting a box sayin 'select bluetooth + pair' i keep selecting the 'BiNPDA GPS' name but the bluetooth symbol keeps flashin and it wont find any satellites.. :s

ALSO,i typed in my dads address (post code and street) which it found, it then came up 'searchin for available gps satellites' in the next bit..and it stuck on that for ages..I went to gps status and nothing was on,only had 'clients' and '1' was underneath it.
anyone any idea?

Thanks

Mike

BUMP ANYONE !? AS ABOVE,I CANT GET TOMTOM WORKING WITH THE DOWNLOADED INTERNAL GPSD AND BT,ANYT1 ANY IDEAS? ALSO CANT GET ANY SPEEDE CAMERAS ON IT,THEUR NOT SHOWING UP IN THE POI's

mickeyd82
11th January, 2009, 06:06 PM
BUMP ANY1?

Bluecray
12th January, 2009, 09:05 PM

anyone any idea?

Thanks

Mike

I have the exact same problem.....

the only thing I've found out is, that you need V21 upgrade for it to work (according to another forum)

I had V20, I now have V21 and still no joy, the GPSd doesn't locate any satellites...

The Nokia maps, works fine and locates Satellites even in doors!!

Mickey you need to extend the phone fully, because of where the GPS ariel is, try doing that??

I have an external GPS reciever and can use that no problem but wouldn't it be cool to have the Tom Tom working without any other external devices.

I see other ppl have it working, why cannot we???

Phil.

mickeyd82
13th January, 2009, 11:00 PM
I have the exact same problem.....

the only thing I've found out is, that you need V21 upgrade for it to work (according to another forum)

I had V20, I now have V21 and still no joy, the GPSd doesn't locate any satellites...

The Nokia maps, works fine and locates Satellites even in doors!!

Mickey you need to extend the phone fully, because of where the GPS ariel is, try doing that??

I have an external GPS reciever and can use that no problem but wouldn't it be cool to have the Tom Tom working without any other external devices.

I see other ppl have it working, why cannot we???

Phil.

Hiya mate,was a while ago i posted this,but just to say i have got my sat nav workin now TF! lol :D The way i sussed it was to have the original internal gps data runnin 1stly for it to pick up satelties,I then run the dwnloaded GPSd and run TomTom (like you do and also change settings into using 'other' etc) and it does actually work (it should work without the original gpsd runnin aswell but not tried it yet) It just takes ages and i mean ages for it to pick up,well indoors it does.I had it working indoors once or twice,took a while but picked up :)
I tried using it today on a journey and like you say 'with the phone slide up' (read of other forums to do this) and it does pick up.Think it took 5 mins sat in the car to work.And it did actually get me to my destination..I even closed the phone too :D

Oh ive read on other forums that the normal n95 works a treat,its just that with the n95 having big internal memory,its somethin to do with that and also the version of the phone..Oh ive upgraded my phone to 30.0.018...

Mike

OH 1 more thing,i didnt turn on the downloaded BT app.When starting TT it asked me to turn on BT so i just hit 'yes' that way :)

Bluecray
19th January, 2009, 10:05 PM
ok Mickey

Following what you said....

(BT has already been done you only ever need to do that once)

Goto into GPS data, it comes up with "last devices used" "More devices" "BiNPDA GPS" but I cancel that and .....

leave it for a short period till it finds satellites...

Then I press the menu key to minimize the application.....

Then start up GPSd and click on hide that.

I now have two applications running in the background.

I then fire up Tom Tom and navigate to "Show GPS status" "Configure" "Other bluetooth receiver" select BiNPDA GPS

I left it like this for half an hour indoors on a windowsill and sod all happened!!!

I may have another fiddle later....or....

I don't think its gonna work for me, I'll just use my external GPS receiver. :burnout:

Note... when Tom Tom is running, in GPSd clients shows "1" so Tom Tom is defiantly using that. When Tom Tom is not running it shows a "0"

Further notes, if you are on a unlimited internet plan then, goto "settings" "General" "positioning" "positioning methods" and select "assisted GPS" if you do that, it uses the internet and picks satellites up much faster.

stuxll
26th January, 2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the how-to mate. i've managed to get it working on a n95 8gb and a 6110 navigator.

Bluecray
26th January, 2009, 07:33 PM
Well mine aint working and I dunno why......

anyone give me any help plsssssssssssssssss.....

see my posts higher up.

NB does anyone's GPSd actually locate satellites?? mine doesn't.......

mickeyd82
27th January, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hi mate,im not sure why you aint getting no signal.Mine works,exactly how i said earlier.Run GPSd,hide it,run tomtom,select 'other' and select the binpda bt app and then just wait for it to pick up satellites..Sometimes it works iindoors for me,sometimes it wont.It has worked once or twice as i managed to get a demo of a route i chose once (testin it out)
It takes aboout 10 mins to pick up sat's up inside the car.

when Tom Tom is running, in GPSd clients shows "1" so Tom Tom is defiantly using that. When Tom Tom is not running it shows a "0
Thats all i get untill it picks up satellites,so it does tell you that tom tom is using that app lioke you have said.

Further notes, if you are on a unlimited internet plan then, goto "settings" "General" "positioning" "positioning methods" and select "assisted GPS" if you do that, it uses the internet and picks satellites up much faster
If you are going to use the net to pick up satellites then dont forget some operators charge you for using gps coverage.
Altho i have 'assisted gps ticked AND intergrated gps' ticked aswell.Hopefully you should get satellite coverage with this ticked.

Bluecray
31st January, 2009, 10:38 AM
Mickey - when you open GSPd does it actually pick up satellites? i.e. The lat and long show a reading? And yes like you I have assisted and integrated GPS both ticked actually all four options are ticked. One other thing - what is your positioning server? Mine is the supl.nokia.com ,
I ask cos mine does not pick satellites up - Is this where I am going wrong? - I wish I could pop up to your house! To sort this!

mickeyd82
31st January, 2009, 10:23 PM
Mickey - when you open GSPd does it actually pick up satellites? i.e. The lat and long show a reading? And yes like you I have assisted and integrated GPS both ticked actually all four options are ticked. One other thing - what is your positioning server? Mine is the supl.nokia.com ,
I ask cos mine does not pick satellites up - Is this where I am going wrong? - I wish I could pop up to your house! To sort this!

Hi mate,i cant understand why your not getting any signal :idea:
When i open Gpsd it doesnt pick up straight away,i just hide it straight away basically.you say you have all 4 ticked,that cud be where your goin wrong..U need intergrated and assisted gps only for your phone to use those gps's.My positionin server is same as urs.Just 1 last thing,You are goin onto tom tom and changin gps receiver (on menu 5,6,6,6,1) to 'other' arnt you?

Bluecray
31st January, 2009, 10:41 PM
Hi mate,i cant understand why your not getting any signal :idea:
When i open Gpsd it doesnt pick up straight away,i just hide it straight away basically.you say you have all 4 ticked,that cud be where your goin wrong..U need intergrated and assisted gps only for your phone to use those gps's.My positionin server is same as urs.Just 1 last thing,You are goin onto tom tom and changin gps receiver (on menu 5,6,6,6,1) to 'other' arnt you?

YAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOO MAN IT WORKS YAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOO OH BOYYYYY !!!!!!!!:idea:

I just did what you said and UNTICKED Bluetooth GPS and Network based - so that ONLY Assisted GPS and Integrated GPS were ticked.

Made me realise why that GPS bluetooth one kept springing up when I opened GPSd (read my other posts) and I think this one was the culprit as to why it didn't work......

GPSd now shows as Long and Lat with figures

Many thanks Buddy!!!:elefant::elefant::elefant:

mickeyd82
1st February, 2009, 01:16 AM
YAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOO MAN IT WORKS YAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOO OH BOYYYYY !!!!!!!!:idea:

I just did what you said and UNTICKED Bluetooth GPS and Network based - so that ONLY Assisted GPS and Integrated GPS were ticked.

Made me realise why that GPS bluetooth one kept springing up when I opened GPSd (read my other posts) and I think this one was the culprit as to why it didn't work......

Many thanks Buddy!!!:elefant::elefant::elefant:

lol no worries mate:top: Yer when bluetooth was ticked,the Gpsd wud keep pooping up.But u only want to use the internal (downloaded) gps ..
Glad your sorted

Bluecray
1st February, 2009, 03:05 PM
Now that its finally working - I've been having a little play, I'm on the 3 network which is 3g and I live on a hill, nearby is some kind of a telecoms mast/ariel - I can get a GPS fix within 3 mins or less which is very good even works indoors whereas my external GPS one didn't! I really need to try it out in real conditions on my bike or car thats the next step!

furby
3rd February, 2009, 09:42 PM
i have just bought a n95 and can't get the maps to download for tomtom. the links dont work it just comes up with an error messege

furby
7th February, 2009, 01:56 PM
i dont know what im doing wrong can someone please help

i have the maps and tom tom downloaded. i can go into tom tom and ask it to navagate to but it wont pick up satalites no matter what i do. i have tried ticking all 4 options and the 2 as suggested but it never picks anything up in the gpds screen. i have the latest updates installed. im lost

bobcotty
8th February, 2009, 09:23 PM
hi read all through the posts got it on n958g maps works everything working except gps even followed last posts and unticked the boxes and changed settings in tomtom but still no joy on version 30 something only just got the phone please can anyone help thanks bob

bobcotty
8th February, 2009, 09:25 PM
in top left corner of the gps set up on tomtom theres an hour glass yellow and black shouldnt this be turning while its searching for sats mine isnt

bobcotty
8th February, 2009, 10:14 PM
working now thanks

Bluecray
10th February, 2009, 12:11 AM
to the above posts..... ensure your N95 is fully extended, (cos closing it hides the ariel)

Bobcotty have no idea what hour glass thingy your on about.

ahh well done Bobcotty !! its working !!

mickeyd82
10th February, 2009, 10:52 PM
mine takes a good 10-15 minws to pick up signal,even in the car.Me and few mtes went to Wrexham at weekend,its amazin how quickly a proper tomtom sat nav picks up sta's.I tried using mine on my phone see if it cud pick up our location whilst on the m'way and after 5 mins,i gave up :s
Also dont know if this is happening to any of you's but my phone now seems to be running awfully slow,just wondering wether to remove TomTom after all that :s

gaznmamda
11th February, 2009, 03:57 PM
as above open your keypad to get a better signal

tazman0007
16th February, 2009, 01:20 PM
Hi all , are there any more maps that work on the N95-1 as i already have the v675.1409 UK and IE but would like updated maps, any ideas on where to find them please

Also i had downloaded TomTom Maps of United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland v8.10.1870 Retail,
would like to know if its possible to use them on My N95-1 Or my TOMTOM 1?

mickeyd82
16th February, 2009, 04:33 PM
as above open your keypad to get a better signal

Hi,i did do.I always have it open.Was sat in passenger seat going along the m'way hopiing it would find signal quicker than bein at home and tbh it didnt.
Ive since deleted and removed it all from my phone due to it taking ages and the fact my phone was running slow than it was b4 i installed it which got quite annoying.Also,if the phone has to be open to pick up signal,then thats a bit daft cus if you wee to buy a holder and rotate the phone it wouldnt fit right and would look daft..
Bad experience in my oppinion.

yoink
19th February, 2009, 12:53 PM
for many hours been struggling to get tomtom to find a gps on normal n95 then yaay finally got it working

heres how i did it

follow instructions on how to install all the files (should be posted in forum sumwhere)

1. start Gpsd on n95 say yes to questions

2. choose hide (DO NOT CHOOSE EXIT)

3. go to tools then gps data

4. now choose options positioning settings and make sure all are ticked apart from bluetooth gps

5.choose back and now navigation it should say on screen waiting for gps.
6. IMPORTANT PART leave the fone next to window with the slider open (so keys are displayed) after 10mins or maybe bit quicker look at fone and screen will ahve changed if connected to satellite with a circle and arrow pointing to n

7. now choose back (keep choosing back/exit until back to n95 main menu)

8. go back to Gpsd which you hid earlier and you will notice the longitude and latitude are now showing other than 0

9. hide gpsd once again and now open tomtom and then change the device to other bluetooth and select binpda and wolla free sat nav fully working

student
25th February, 2009, 07:20 PM
When i get to point 9. does this mean "main menu" -> "change preferences" -> Preferences 4 of 5 -> Show GPS status -> configure

I only get two options Other bluetooth GPS receiver or TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver.

Where do I enter the "binpda" Please?

It seams that I am stuck at the last hurdle.

student
25th February, 2009, 07:39 PM
Ok, thank you

I have figured it out

jekera
6th March, 2009, 04:22 PM

Njoy!

Where can I get hold of the Maps for Tom Tom?

asaintuntilidie
16th March, 2009, 06:50 PM
Any one got it working on N958GB, if so please help me to sort myone out(a step bu step guide is much apperciated)
Did anyone get back to you about this? I got a nokia 8gb and just got it working on mine.....

all
16th March, 2009, 06:51 PM
Can anyone tell me were i can get the correct maps for the n95 as i have installed the program and have no maps.:party :

asaintuntilidie
16th March, 2009, 07:02 PM
Did you copy them over to your phone?

john99us
25th March, 2009, 09:30 PM
:sheep: Hi, I have the same problem, I instilled all the recommended files but I ge the massage no map? in your update your speak about the location of the maps which I can not find, can you please tell me how to make it work?

Many thanks

Sorry to be asking the same question but where are the maps? I have managed to set up the program and go through the initial setup to confirming voice etc but no maps.

I tried the rapidshare links but these files were not found.

UPDATED

Found the answer!

The error I made was putting the map files into the TomTom folder on the memory card. Once I moved them out of that folder onto the memory card separately, it found them.

Hope this helps others as well.

john99us
25th March, 2009, 10:22 PM
Can anyone tell me were i can get the correct maps for the n95 as i have installed the program and have no maps.:party :
Have same problem, any advice?

john99us
25th March, 2009, 10:24 PM
have you got any idea from where can I get the maps for my nokia n95 8g, I instilled all the file but error massage no map!! thank you

asaintuntilidie
26th March, 2009, 12:30 PM
did you not download the map files when you downloaded the tomtom application?

yamar1
26th March, 2009, 06:45 PM
iv installed everything but when i start tomtom, just get the spinning globe, anyone got this working on v31?:hmmmm2:

john99us
26th March, 2009, 09:38 PM
not realy, from where I can get the map? any recommended site? I followed all the steps but the massage said no maps can you please guide me step by step?

Many thanks

asaintuntilidie
30th March, 2009, 02:35 PM
I have the maps but not sure how to upload them through this site. Anyone have any ideas. Also when I did mine I also had to install a program that was summat to do with bluetooth and another called GPSd. Have you installed similar? I have these two progs too but like i said, i dont know how to upload them. Mods, can you help?

gioandkiko
31st March, 2009, 09:05 PM
I have the maps but not sure how to upload them through this site. Anyone have any ideas. Also when I did mine I also had to install a program that was summat to do with bluetooth and another called GPSd. Have you installed similar? I have these two progs too but like i said, i dont know how to upload them. Mods, can you help?

go to: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://www.rapidshare.com)
upload your file..
copy and paste your uploaded rapidshare link here...

asaintuntilidie
3rd April, 2009, 05:29 PM
Right, this is part one of a two part post!!!! I have uploaded the applications to the rapid share site.

For the actual tomtom application go here
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/217009674/3.tomtom.sisx.html)

For the GPSd application go here
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/217009673/2.GPSd.jar.html)

For the bt application go here
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/217009672/1.bt.sisx.html)

Install the bt one first, then the GPSd and Ill post part two with the maps part later this evening when i have uploaded them.

Happy days and all that!

asaintuntilidie
3rd April, 2009, 10:01 PM
Okay folks, here you go, part two of the post. The following link is for the maps to use with the above tomtom application. I have it running nicely on my N95 8gb and for the princely sum of bugger all too!
If you use any of the links I have shared please click 'thanks' button.
Happy satnav-ing!

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/217111386/UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE-Map.rar.html)

bran.c
5th April, 2009, 12:41 PM
that link has expired any chance of a re-up

asaintuntilidie
5th April, 2009, 03:31 PM
How can it have expired so soon. I only uploaded it yesterday!!!

all
8th April, 2009, 12:14 AM
I found the maps and it all works fine now thanks guys
map links go to :-

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f42/tomtom-maps-89/

mickeyd82
8th April, 2009, 11:11 PM
Can i just ask if any of you guys who have the TT6 on their phone,does it work good and fine and as it should etc? Is ya phone not running slow?
Reason i ask,when i installed it all,had it working,but took quite a while for it to find signal,even outdoors and with the phone open.My phone started to play up and run proper slow and crash..Hence the reason me deleting it all few month back and starting again and updating it...

Mike

asaintuntilidie
9th April, 2009, 06:25 PM
Can i just ask if any of you guys who have the TT6 on their phone,does it work good and fine and as it should etc? Is ya phone not running slow?
Reason i ask,when i installed it all,had it working,but took quite a while for it to find signal,even outdoors and with the phone open.My phone started to play up and run proper slow and crash..Hence the reason me deleting it all few month back and starting again and updating it...

Mike

The only thing i found with mine is that when you turn the handset itself off and then on again, a program tries installing but comes up afterwards "untrusted software.....go to apps manager to intall" or words to that effect but when i go into app manager i cannot find where the untrusted software is! Any suggestions anyone?

Wake76
10th April, 2009, 06:09 PM
Hey dude.

winrar is saying that 5 files are corrupt!

I found the maps and it all works fine now thanks guys
map links go to :-

Oily
11th April, 2009, 12:55 AM
Got this working on my N80,many thanks :rock:

DNA
13th May, 2009, 09:58 PM
im running version 31.0.017 on my nokia n95, it picks up a client in the GPSd and i have selected Binpda as the bluetooth receiver, however it stays on connecting to GPS for ages, i have tried everything possible! left it on for hours at home and for a bout 3 hours out in the open with the slide fully extended!

any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanx

asaintuntilidie
14th May, 2009, 11:04 AM
I know it sounds daft but have you tried rebooting your phone (turning it off and then on again). It should free up enough RAM to enable it to work.
Did you like how that was spoken like a true IT professional!

DNA
17th May, 2009, 09:43 AM
yup tried all that, i tried on my n82 (v20), which picks up satellites but the gpsd doesnt pick up the tomtom (says "0" next to client) im confuzlled now,...

thanx for the help mate:deal:

tatoori
21st May, 2009, 12:21 PM
Anyone have any idea where I can get the US maps for the N95? Everything woks well in the UK.

Thanks to all as well for this thread!

I've searched and downloaded the one from the first page here

But I think its not for the N95.

Thanks

tatoori
21st May, 2009, 12:30 PM
OMG!- I think I had to scroll down!!

It's the 'Tele Atlas' I need? Correct??

asaintuntilidie
26th May, 2009, 12:22 PM
yup tried all that, i tried on my n82 (v20), which picks up satellites but the gpsd doesnt pick up the tomtom (says "0" next to client) im confuzlled now,...

When you launch the GPSd program you need to agree to the two requests it prompts at the beginning and then press 'HIDE' not 'EXIT' so that the prog still runs in the background. When I launch mine the client is zero so everything seems ok. You then need to launch the tomtom app and configure it to use internal GPS.
Hope this helps a bit?

DNA
27th May, 2009, 08:04 PM
yup cheers mate, got that working (had the wrong version of tomtom) anywho now the gpsd is picking up a client, and when i use the gps data app it shows that it has picked up loads of satelites, however the gpsd app doesnt get a fix on the long and lat....any ideas wots gone wrong now?

cheers in advance ;)

666lucifer666
27th May, 2009, 08:08 PM
Will this app work on nokia n96 :evil::evil::evil:

mickeyd82
1st June, 2009, 08:50 PM
Hi guys,i updated my phone to the new version v31.0.015 as my phone was playing up and running slow,its been running great so decided to reinstall TT6...
Now i have just gone to put TT6 back on my phone and i cant get TT to work.I just get the spinning globe..Also,i havnt got GPSD installed on my phone,i have the folder on my mass but no actual program :s So i need that aswell.
I changed the tom tom.six to just 'tom tom' but still no luck,I made a folder called Maps on my mass mem and put the uk maps in there,the speed cameras in there too..

Can someone tell me where im going wrong.
Thanks

,Mike

mickeyd82
1st June, 2009, 09:32 PM
Right guys,ive just installed Gpsd installed,i got BT installed and also TT6..But i still get a spinning globe..
Can anyone tell me what to do so i get it up and running again..

Cheers

Mike

rakap2000
1st June, 2009, 11:20 PM
Mike,

Try to install it in phone memory, if haven't already done so.

Bluecray
2nd June, 2009, 11:00 PM

Copied and pasted from the trouble I had before, does it relate to your problem??? (see below)

Originally Posted by mickeyd82 View Post
Hi mate,i cant understand why your not getting any signal
YAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOO MAN IT WORKS YAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOO OH BOYYYYY !!!!!!!!

Many thanks Buddy!!!
Last edited by Bluecray; 31st January, 2009 at 09:49 PM.
Bluecray is offline Reply With Quote

mickeyd82
8th June, 2009, 01:20 AM
@ Rakap2000..i did move TT to my phone,Do i need to install all of it to the phone?

@ Bluecry..hiya mate,i havnt got 4 ticked,only got the 2 ticked..was the 1st thing i went to..
ive not tested for any reception yet..
im just wanting to get my TT to work...just keep getting spinning globe :s

Mike

mickeyd82
8th June, 2009, 01:24 AM
right,just moved all apps to my phone,TT,BT,Gpsd and nothin :s
dont know where im going wrong,i got it working last time lol

alastair_drake
30th June, 2009, 10:39 AM

Njoy!

Installed Tom Tom on the N95 but am unable to use the internal GPS, so currently working off a Bluetooth GPS which is ok.

When chosing GPS status / Configure / Other Bluetooth GPS receiver for some reason the BiNPDA GPS does not appear.

Any ideas?

sawinder
2nd July, 2009, 03:32 PM
hi has any one got maps for usa ,i need them before i travel to florida

alastair_drake
3rd July, 2009, 08:21 AM
Any ideas of the internal GPS people? :)

student
21st July, 2009, 06:17 PM
I have TT UK running on my N95, i have added western europe and easteren europe to the same folder, but TT dosen see it.

How do I organise these maps on the memory card so I can use the europe maps too pls?

Many thanks student

rizlar
15th August, 2009, 10:11 PM
hi i got this working but im haveing a slight problem it says "waiting for a vaild gps signal" ani 1 know wat worng or wat i gota do nex to get this working

dell_xps
15th August, 2009, 10:55 PM
hi i got this working but im haveing a slight problem it says "waiting for a vaild gps signal" ani 1 know wat worng or wat i gota do nex to get this working

Are you outside when you are trying this m8 ?
If not go outside and try again.

babahassen1999
19th August, 2009, 10:59 PM
hi i downloaded everything on my Nokia n95, but just the Glob Spining. can someone help please.

asaintuntilidie
23rd August, 2009, 04:02 PM
sounds daft but does your nokia maps work, if it does try your tomtom again remembering to run gpsd and agree to everything it throws up including letting it connect to the internet. It wont really connect and then hide the program then run tomtom. It sorts out the spinning globe problem on mine when i do this

nomisunny
26th August, 2009, 03:01 PM
hi.im trying to download the maps but every link i open it says sorry file could found.please help thanx.

asaintuntilidie
27th August, 2009, 10:09 PM
where are you trying to download the links from m8?

djkajan
12th September, 2009, 10:55 PM
this is a great forum and it offers great help!! thank you to the admin of this forum...

i was able to successfully load and open tomtom on my nokia n95 8GB...but after a while of changing the preferences and adding voices like the real homer simpson voice, i had a problem!...

the problem is that now when i open tomtom from applications i only see the globe rotating and it doesn't go further than that. I have tried to uninstall and re-install but doesn't work. what to i do?..please help

P.S. i dont want to re-format my phone because i have garmin as well...so please help..

makoki22
27th September, 2009, 10:04 PM
muy bueno.........................

asaintuntilidie
28th September, 2009, 08:09 PM
this is a great forum and it offers great help!! thank you to the admin of this forum...

i was able to successfully load and open tomtom on my nokia n95 8GB...but after a while of changing the preferences and adding voices like the real homer simpson voice, i had a problem!...

the problem is that now when i open tomtom from applications i only see the globe rotating and it doesn't go further than that. I have tried to uninstall and re-install but doesn't work. what to i do?..please help

P.S. i dont want to re-format my phone because i have garmin as well...so please help..

I see this is one of your first posts, so welcome to DK djkajan, and have you tried uninstalling it and then re-installing?

bobo bear
7th December, 2009, 05:50 AM

Hi,
I had the same problem. I had to remove and reinstall but also delete the tomtom folder entirely. Then I started from scratch. But deleting the folder is the key. There was also a navigator file/directory I deleted that I found with Y-Browser before I reinstalled.
Can I ask how you got the original Homer file to work on your N-95 8gb? I used easyusetools, followed the directions, got the dct file, but it still wouldn't work (the program locks up when homer is selected). Any help is greatly appreciated.

wasp73mug
6th January, 2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks for this:bounce:

wasp73mug
6th January, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hi i download file but it is saved in RAR format what format do i need it in and how do i change it ot that format
thanks

paddy12345
14th January, 2010, 10:49 PM
Hi i download file but it is saved in RAR format what format do i need it in and how do i change it ot that format
thanks

anything ended .rar u need use software named winrar or winzip, just google it. then when u download and install it just double-click one of the files ended .rar and click on ''extract'' icon and then enter.

Mr__Stig
28th January, 2010, 11:56 AM
Someone help me get this working on my N95 plz.....All i get when i run tomtom is the spinning world with the tomtom logo....Its driving me nuts Grrrr!!!!!

darkangel
25th June, 2010, 09:49 PM
when i tried to install the first bit 'BT' it says Certificate error. Please contact software supplier.
any idies how i could get round it?

i am getting same error can any one help me plz

b j m
27th June, 2010, 07:41 PM
change the date on n95 to 12 06 2005 or try and hack you phone easy

Alternate Hack by FCA00000! Works on N95 8GB, E90 and others without Python / AppTrk

FCA00000 has done it again! Nokia thought they could get the better of us by blocking apptrk installation, but this hack makes it possible to hack all phones permanantly with no need for SignSis or Python!

I've tested this myself on N95 8GB and an E90 and it works flawlessly!

Firstly, download HelloCarbide.zip

Install HelloCarbide. Don't open it yet.

Download Caps On/ Off

preFP1_CapsOnOff.rar for SymbianOS 9.1 (Pre-FP1 Phones)

FP1_CapsOnOff.rar for SymbianOS 9.2 (FP1 Phones)

Once Downloaded, extract the contents of the archive to your phone but DO NOT OPEN!

1. Open your file browser, leave it open in the background.

2. Open HelloCarbide, select Options -> Menu1. You should get a message saying "done... Probably". Select 'Yes'.

3. Open your file browser from the background. Navigate to where you extracted the Caps On/Off files and copy the file CProfDriver_SISX.ldd to C:\sys\bin

4. Restart your phone and install Caps On and Caps Off.

Now you'll have access to system directories whenever you select the application "Caps Off". To turn off system file access, open the application "Caps On".

To install files without signing or using SignSis, download these files:

installserver9.1.zip for SymbianOS 9.1 (Pre-FP1 Phones)

installserver9.2.zip for SymbianOS 9.2 (FP1 Phones)

1. Make sure you have system file access. If not, open the "Caps Off" application.

2. From the above archive, extract to your phone and copy installserver.exe to C:\sys\bin

You're done! Now you can install unsigned apps and apps with expired certificates without any signing nonsense. No more SymbianSigned, no more SignSis! Hope this helps...

Thank you FCA00000!
http://www.noeman.org/gsm/images/misc/paperclip.png Attached Files

http://www.noeman.org/gsm/images/attach/rar.gif alternate hack.rar (http://www.noeman.org/gsm/attachments/s60-mods-customization/36746d1218539192-alternate-hack-fca00000-works-n95-8gb-e90-others-without-python-apptrk-alternate-hack-rar) (204.4 KB, 6330 views)

emirdaglim
9th July, 2010, 08:06 PM
for sharing the info

aydinxcan
25th December, 2010, 08:48 PM
for sharing the info