PDA

View Full Version : Nothing on SD Card - Please Help Me

moe
18th March, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hi, I am trying the softmod.

I have a 2gb Kingston SD card (I have formatted the card and tried both with FAT and FAT32) where I have extracted the files and renamed the one file from twilight3.4.bin to data.bin.

The folders that I have on the SD card are 00000001, apps, private and WAD. I also have two files, boot.dol and eoreadme (html document).

I go Wii options/data management/save data/

I get two options Wii and Nintendo GameCube.

I click Wii and then SD card (on the top right hand side of the screen).

However, when it loads the SD card it brings up aload of white blocks with nothing.

I am pretty sure the SD card is working (as a test) I have copied data from the Wii system to the SD card and it shows (for example Wii fit).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

dell_xps
18th March, 2009, 08:47 PM
Have you done a Zelda save m8 ?
Then installed the homebrew channel ?

moe
18th March, 2009, 08:58 PM
Hi and thank you for the quick reply.

However, I am a total newbie and you will have to bear with me (thanks).

Not to sure with you mean by "have you done a zelda save".

I am following the instructions

STEP 1 : Make a shady SD card
UnZip the contents of the file linked below to your empty SD card.
**IMPORTANT** If you've got 3.4 firmware navigate to SDCARD/private/wii/title/rzdp/, delete data.bin and rename Twilight3.4.bin to data.bin, or the twilight hack will fail...... otherwise let's crack on......
STEP 2 : Twilight hack
Put the newly created SD card in the Wii's SD slot
Go into Wii Options/Data Management/Save Data/SD card/ and copy over the twilight hack file to the wii.

THIS IS WHERE I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING TO COPY OVER

Thanks and sorry for being a plonk!

manowar
18th March, 2009, 09:12 PM
did you try formatting the card

dell_xps
18th March, 2009, 10:00 PM
do the files show up on your PC?
It might be the sd card is not working with your wii, try another sd card.
You have to first insert Zelda and save the game b4 you do anything with your SD card m8.

moe
18th March, 2009, 10:59 PM
HI and thanks for the replies. Yes the SD card does show the files on the PC. I have tested the card in the Wii (by copying over the Wii fit settings to the SD card and that show up, on the wii). I am sure I have started the games first and then saved the game but will try again.

moe
19th March, 2009, 09:35 AM
Hi and thank you for all your help.

I have managed to sort it. What I think it was, was that when formatting the SD Card using the format on the PC it was not being done correctly for some bizzare reason.

Reading some more post I figured out that I had to download the Panasonic SD card Formatter from the homebrew site.

That sorted it!

Thanks again for all your help, dont know what I would have done with out.

Bye for now

drawflex
21st March, 2009, 05:41 PM
ah ok... tutorial updated