PDA

View Full Version : Null modem adapter

moar
12th April, 2013, 10:11 AM
I can't find null modem cables around here, but in a radioshack store nearby i find a null modem adapter , which is supposed to change a straight through connection to null modem(crossover) and i already have a normal straight through serial cable. Will this do the job?

andy91
12th April, 2013, 10:22 AM
Where about do you live you can buy a null modem cable very cheaply off ebay. Those adapters are not very good always better doing it off a desktop pc. Andy

PaphosAL
12th April, 2013, 05:22 PM
Sorry to disagree with you, Andy, but this type of dual-purpose cross-over adaptor works fine in my experience, m8. I don't think the OP is talking about a USB - RS232 adaptor, in which case, I'd deffo agree with you!

But I I think this enquiry was posted in the wrong section, as it has nowt to do with DM500 Images as such

Cheers- AL :)

mdt
12th April, 2013, 07:54 PM
i think i understand what you mean m8 an adapter that crosses over the pins and thus turning a straight through cable into a cross-over null-modem "patch lead". @moar if it does what its supposed to then it should be fine but as stated you can buy a null-modem lead for a few gbp off E*** or make your own from a straight through as there are diagrams all over the net and here on dk. regards mdt