PDA

View Full Version : W210 Lock/Immo Questions

RobinGill
16th April, 2013, 01:20 AM
Sorry if these are easy questions but I'm not a locksmith, just trying to help my next door neighbour with a cheap car he has got.

Car is 1996 E200 Estate.

Car was only only fitted with lock on drivers door, ignition and glovebox. Key only works in ignition. Maybe ignition barrel/key not original?

Remote does not work. Tried to sync, can't find any keys synced in Xentry/HHTWin.

If I remove driver door barrel and try to lock/unlock using screwdriver other doors don't lock/unlock.

If I press lock/unlock switch inside, all doors unlock but none lock.

I found two codes : Red feedback lamp and actuation of closing relay. The relay is what lets the indicators flash and the feedback lamp doesn't sound major.

Was wondering if anyone knew if this is more likely to be pump or ecu as I'm struggling to get a wiring diagram that matches this car.

To make the rest work I'm thinking cheapest way to change parts from scrapyard. If I change locks/key blade/key remote, which of the following bits do I need?

Mirror (IR Receiver)
ECU behind instrument panel
Engine ECU

Edit: To answer one of my own questions - today my star diags has been working perfectly with it, managed to use rcl actuations to see doors locking and closing so pump must be fine.