PDA

View Full Version : E mail notifications ???

muti
22nd May, 2008, 11:38 AM
Arent we supposed to be notified with emails if someone send a comment to the threads we wrote? If so why cant i recieve them? Thanks.

allycoops
22nd May, 2008, 11:45 AM
works for me mate, have you set it up in user cp, go to edit options and put a tick in box to receive email notification

aftermath
22nd May, 2008, 11:46 AM
sorry forget my last post, its in user cp , edit options, you need to enable the email notification

muti
22nd May, 2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks a lot. I think its sorted now. :-)

Devilfish
22nd May, 2008, 10:21 PM
Do you think this should be enabled by default?

Dreamer
22nd May, 2008, 10:28 PM
No. I think it's fine the way it is. If you want to subscribe to a threads then all you have to do is go to usercp and you can see if anyone has added posts. If you want emails then don't you just tick the box in the options to recieve them?

smirnoff_rules
22nd May, 2008, 10:29 PM
l for one used to hate it and still do but as a new site l wouldn't of thought its that hard to remember where your last post was and to check ?

muti
22nd May, 2008, 10:32 PM
Do you think this should be enabled by default?

Yes i think it should be enabled by default. I am a member of several forums and they all have this function turned on automatically. If anyone dont like to have e-mails about the threads then they can turn it off. But ofcourse this is what i think.

Dreamer
22nd May, 2008, 10:40 PM
This is my first ever forum and you are obviously an experienced forum person. From a Newbies point of view I would find it annoying to receive an email notification and I don't check my emails everyday, so it works for me to just subscribe to threads I'm interested in and then check the user cp to see if there are any posts.

aftermath
23rd May, 2008, 07:09 AM
its 6 and 2 3`s , its not hard to alter the option in user cp.

but i do know one thing , its annoying getting loads of emails just because someone else replied to a thread that you replied in, especially if its a popular thread.

you could also add a specific thread to your subscribed threads , that way you can pick and choose which ones you get emails from.

also you can get your emails daily, or weekly if you want.