PDA

View Full Version : commando 14.7 doing my head in (epg wise) advice please

spudorange
23rd April, 2013, 01:48 PM
Firstly I think the image is absolutely brilliant, way better than any I have used before so a big thanks to those
involved, however that said I would really like to know what is happening with epg.

================================================== =================================

Here's what I do (and I have done it 20 times at least with only two boxes to hold and keep epg after a reboot)

Dreamup and install 14.7
set auto bouquets
get epg

at this point it's fine (UNTIL I REBOOT)

Now pressing epg lasts a second and the box locks solid.
So now I can not get epg.

I am working on 2 separate boxes at the moment and both are the same (locking up)
As mentioned I have been successful twice in about 20 flashes and desperate for help.

Really appreciate if there's a fix for this please as I feel I am doing everything the same, when it works AND when it does not.

I had a similar problem with 14.6 now I get it with 14.7

Thanks

ronan collins
4th May, 2013, 05:09 AM
New C14.7 online update now LIVE ( press menu and go utilities and go to online updates ) and all is working 100% Thanks to AL

******* Some people may have to reflash your box!
When you flash again do an online update after your update is done go and ftp to var/ect/versions and DELETE IT then do another online update and when all this done set your location and do a new autobouquet scan and every things working 100%

( press menu and go utilities and go to online updates )

spudorange
4th May, 2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks

I will try this

ps have replied to your pm also

New C14.7 online update now LIVE ( press menu and go utilities and go to online updates ) and all is working 100% Thanks to AL

******* Some people may have to reflash your box!
When you flash again do an online update after your update is done go and ftp to var/ect/versions and DELETE IT then do another online update and when all this done set your location and do a new autobouquet scan and every things working 100%

( press menu and go utilities and go to online updates )

spudorange
5th May, 2013, 07:40 PM
Did an update as suggested and this has changed things a little but is still problematic.
Here's what now happens.

any autobouquets request locks the remote (as expected) but also never finishes the action
my 4am request showed the following after about 6 hours

"creating your local custom bouquets 15120 seconds" then it goes to 15130 seconds, 15140 seconds" etc etc

Only a power off and on would work but now I don't have correct bouquets so am still in an eternal loop.

love to know what if anything I am doing wrong.

thanks

PaphosAL
6th May, 2013, 11:44 AM
Please attach your current filesets now you've updated. The ones you attached earlier all have a spurious '.sh' or '.dat' extension added. I hope this is a result of your txfr process and that they're not named like that on the box.

Your autoscan_stop script is DOS/Windows format, not Linux, so no wonder it's behaving strangely...

Cheers- AL :confused:

spudorange
6th May, 2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks for reply paphosAL

I have done a second box an hour ago and that is doing same so I will reboot and post up the files requested
in a moment cheers

spudorange
6th May, 2013, 02:12 PM
Here are the files requested
have saved them as unix, hope that is correct

if not please advise so I can do it correctly thanks

attached above & also in first post

file name is "rtmap & autoscan files"

PaphosAL
6th May, 2013, 02:58 PM
All your edited files are appearing as DOS/Windows - ANSI format still, not UNIX - ANSI. HOW are you editing these files exactly? In place on the box, or locally on PC after FTP txfr. Which FTP program are you using?

Look at each file via TuxCom please. Do you see the spurious '.sh' / '.dat' extensions for those files on the box, or is summat else adding these distractions?

:confused:

spudorange
6th May, 2013, 08:41 PM
might need hand holding, as I have downloaded "tuxbox-tuxcom-32bpp-hd_1.16-r3_mipsel" but not sure if that's what I am to do

can you point me to a tut or take me through it please

desperate for this to work

thanks

PaphosAL
7th May, 2013, 08:42 AM
You don't seem to know your way around C14.7 on your DM500 very well, m8. Tuxbox Commander: BLUE > 1

And what about the other questions I asked you please? Cheers- AL :)

spudorange
7th May, 2013, 11:15 AM
will look later as I had to put plijade on cos customer doing me head in and box was locking on the scan.

will reflash replacement I get off them and post up all the info you ask for later

thanks again

ps I see "way to many" boxes and at my age my head spins so I don't really know ANY box as well as I would like

spudorange
7th May, 2013, 10:20 PM
Just done another one (slightly different)
On this one I flashed 14.7 and before I did anything else I updated, I then set my region and autobouquet (it is still counting up after 2 hours)

I use flashfxp
I was right clicking and opening up into notepad++ and saving as unix.

The sh is being added by notepad++ as a file extension

on the box in /var/tuxbox/config/ the files are showing normal dat & xml extensions both on flashfxp & in (blue tuxbox)

If I right click rtmap.xml and choose "edit" it opens in frontpage without giving me a choice, selecting all and copying into notepad++ and saving it as rtmap it makes it a file called rtmap.sh
if I save it as rtmap.xml it saves it as rtmap.xml.sh

I really don't know what I need to do to get these in the correct format for you to check them.

edit:

just looking at notepad++ it says if I save in unix it will save as .sh or .bsh

Is there another format I can save in (using that editor please)

PaphosAL
9th May, 2013, 03:46 PM
First off, there is no way you should be messing with the rtmap.xml file, when LraiZer has created an auto-generation tool that builds this file for you! Look in the RT-EPG Utilities menu! The user file where you customize your preferred RT-EPG settings is rtmap.dat which you'll find directly above the rtmap.xml file. It's all explained in the help files, m8!

As for saving your NP++ edits, you're making a rod for your own back by using the 'Save As..' menu to force a Unix save. Totally unnecessary! Try this simple and benign test please:

FTP any one document from /var/etc/info to your PC and open it with NP++ then look at the bottom bar on the right. It should tell you that the file is UNIX ANSI format. If it says DOS/Windows ANSI - then you need to go into the 'Transfer Preferences' settings of whichever FTP program you're using and change the txfr mode from 'Auto' or 'Text' to 'Binary'. Try the process again until NP++ see the doc on your PC 'as' UNIX ANSI format.

Now make a simple edit somewhere and Save. But not with the 'Save As...' menu! Just click on the blue Save icon in the top Tool Bar. The saved file should still have exactly the same name as when you started, AND still be in UNIX ANSI format. Transfer the new file across to the box to overwrite our original.

Now view your edited doc onscreen with TuxCom. Do all the lines look clear text, or does every line have a strange white hollow square at the end? I can't wait to find out, LOL!

Cheers- AL :)

spudorange
9th May, 2013, 06:53 PM
thanks will do

not messing with anything, just trying to save that as per your original request. (or did I misunderstand the files I was supposed to get)
I do know the square box you mean in corrupted files.

will work on it as you suggest and post up

PaphosAL
9th May, 2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks! And meanwhile, I'd just like to point out to readers who might be worried about the thread Title suggesting EPG in C14.7 is really difficult to get your head around that is simply untrue!

The thread title should actually have more along the lines of: Help needed with FTP and file editing in ANY Linux image, please

Thing is, Spud, you're talking about personal generic dm500 file editing problems here, and NOT possible C14.7 related feedback bugs! If you're dealing with many types of boxes and images and don't get much chance to get to know any of them too well, then what can I really say? Jack of all trades, master of none? That's what my dear old Mum (RIP) instilled in me...

So let's summarize. For DM500 boxes, NOTHING else out there comes close to C14.7 for EPG, in terms of choice, ease of customization, ease of loading (manually in OSD or daily Timer or on reboot), speed, flexibility, and so on...

Try getting RT-EPG 14 Day RT-EPG for Sky Movies and 7 Day for Sky Sports and 3 Day EPG for Factual (and so on) loading in 70 seconds on OpenPLi...

Cheers- AL ;)

spudorange
10th May, 2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks

I respect your knowledge and help so want to resolve.

Sorry about titling as it is not epg that is even giving the problem now, it's when autobouquets are run (EVERY TIME, EVERY BOX it happens doing the following.

Flash box, set region, run autobouquets and it keeps finding and mapping stuff and switching back to bbc1 for hours on end.
Flash box, run online update, set region, run autobouquets and it keeps showing "creating your local custom bouquets 15120, 15130, 15140 seconds" and continues to count up.

2 different, but similar results with or without update.

Both the above flashes are being done as advised, no other input from me hence my puzzlement.

As mentioned about "done all sorts of "stuff" over the years" and I know my r's from my elbow (honest) though I had missed the tuxbox bit on blue button.
Also I have flashed the commando image about 80 times now (some fresh boxes & a lot updated from 14.5 & 6)

What strikes me is that this now occurs EVERY TIME I flash a box, yet 2 months ago same flash was fine.

I am as you requested getting those files back off the box for you to look at as soon as I can.

Once again thanks.
================================================== ===================================
Would it help if I did a flash then a backup and upped that untouched image please?

Have no trouble ftp to box but getting it back seems awkward unless cut and pasted

spudorange
14th May, 2013, 10:35 AM
Have re threaded this as I was unable to advance edit this post to remove (now) spurious comment regarding epg.

I have re-posted in the following thread.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando-14-7-entering-into-eternal-loop-when-autobouqueting-post-correction-339042/#post1970818

thanks again.