PDA

View Full Version : PowerGate 3 Has anyone used it???

AudiS4
23rd April, 2013, 10:26 PM
Has anyone here used a powergate 3??how it the unit to use??worth getting or no??Limitations???

bondiblu
24th April, 2013, 12:02 AM
Only ever seen slave units available.

kennfeld
24th April, 2013, 09:59 AM
yes only slave version but i have master program

work great

RaraK
24th April, 2013, 01:26 PM
Yes i have slaves for customers who wish for custom tunes in remote areas. Works great, very nice interface for customer looks very expensive :)

AudiS4
25th April, 2013, 01:15 AM
Rarak i am planning on making my own tunes this is why i purchased this particular unit.Will the unit correct the checksums before flashing if they are wrong??

mbtun
25th April, 2013, 11:05 AM
a lot of brands missing from car list and only minor updates from the old powergate unit. At least this is what they advertise on their website

http://www.alientech-to.it/dox/Powergate3_List

bondiblu
25th April, 2013, 11:10 AM
Are you going to be able to put your own files on?

AudiS4
27th April, 2013, 12:49 AM
from what i know as long as you are using a modified file that matches the stock file which was read out by the powergate you should be able to flash the modified file.

The information on the site leave alot of questions unanswered this is why i decided to pick this unit up and test it to see what can and cannot be done.

I would assume their car and manufacturer list is incomplete due to the fact that the distrbutor i purchased from told me it would work with my car and my car is not on that list but is on the list of the old powergate II.So i would assume it would be all the car list from all powergate unit rolled into one.

kennfeld
27th April, 2013, 01:15 PM
checksum only work true the tool if you NOT correct it with a tuningsoftware the mod file must have the checksum rsa area like in original file if your winols or other has mod the checksum then it can't correct the file when send to car and you risk to brick ecu