PDA

View Full Version : can some1 help plz!

daz24c
22nd May, 2008, 04:17 PM
hey every1 im having problems with my sata card!ive tried connecting my samsung drive to the sata card but it doesnt read it in dos!when in windows it says the card is working properly but its not picking it up in dos!its the rite card with the chipset but running out of patience!lol
HELP PLZ LOL

smirnoff_rules
22nd May, 2008, 04:21 PM
does your card have three posts ? if yes it have to be on number one post .. the one in the tower at the back of the card

caveman_nige
22nd May, 2008, 04:22 PM
It works in windows cos you will have windows drivers for it. However DOS is a different dog and requires its own specific drivers to be loaded. Check the samsung site m8 and see what options they give you.. Should be a DOS driver in there somewhere..

daz24c
22nd May, 2008, 04:24 PM
ok ill give it a go!fingers crossed lol its been annoying me for ages then i heard of this forum site so thought id give it a try!

shortyball
22nd May, 2008, 04:35 PM
Is it not reading it when you are trying to flash it?
As sometimes it takes a few goes, ive got a process from a tutorial that i used il post when im home see if its different from yours, it may help.

daz24c
22nd May, 2008, 04:37 PM
it doesnt pick it up with flashing no :( thats the problem!ive tried downloading a few guides but no joy upto now!

smirnoff_rules
22nd May, 2008, 05:05 PM
have u tried the 10 second trick ? and u r using iPrep 101 to write the f/w over.. ie is it showing the card in prep and u have clicked make , does your prep look like this ? with only the samsung bit in ? target to wot drive your using