PDA

View Full Version : DM500hd merlin2 excalibur

telboy555
25th April, 2013, 11:53 PM
Hi guys, my dm500s has finally died on me and I have bought my self a dm500hd .The image it came with is the Merlin2 Excalibur ramMAHER experimental 2011-09-11. 210p sim. I ca n see that dccamd is installed but I can't find the cccam. Can I use this image or do I need to put another one on my box and if so wich one.

digicon
26th April, 2013, 12:16 AM
The easiest solution here for you is to put TSpanel on the image as this will give you all available cams from different download online servers.

telboy555
26th April, 2013, 12:41 AM
Thanks For this. The only one I could find is in the dm800se tools section, is that ok to use on the dm500hd

digicon
26th April, 2013, 12:49 AM
Thanks For this. The only one I could find is in the dm800se tools section, is that ok to use on the dm500hd

Yes it is the DM500HD is nigh on identical to the 800se apart from having no front display

telboy555
26th April, 2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks again, I'll give it ago

telboy555
1st May, 2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks again, I'll give it ago

Hi again , I put TSpanel on and loaded 2.011 cccam , scanned on 28.2 freq (sorry if not exact numbers not got box in front of me ) didn't get any channels at first but then eventually got about 140 but not all. The only frequency with 28.2 had eurosat in front of it or something similar . Am I using the right one. Would a different image give me more frequencies ?. Thanks Tel

digicon
1st May, 2013, 01:32 PM
Hi again , I put TSpanel on and loaded 2.011 cccam , scanned on 28.2 freq (sorry if not exact numbers not got box in front of me ) didn't get any channels at first but then eventually got about 140 but not all. The only frequency with 28.2 had eurosat in front of it or something similar . Am I using the right one. Would a different image give me more frequencies ?. Thanks Tel

No a different image will not give you any more transponders, why not just use TSpanel to connect to one of the available servers and download a channel list from that.

telboy555
28th May, 2013, 08:29 PM
Hi again , not been around for a while been on Holidays.
I've still still not got it going. I put tspanal on loaded my Cccam tv list put my l#ne on . Manage to get achannal to come but would not change to another unless my Cccam. I then read a link saying the image that came with the box would not work un less you take the Dccamd off and" /bin/cccam" in its place.any way to cut it short I did all this and it wouldn't start up.
So I decided to put another image using the pc browser method .I could only find two dm500hd images and decided to use the dream elite one. It went on ok then said it was rebooting, but didn't and now wont start at all.
I can't use the pc browser method to change the image (not that I know what image to put on it any way).
I'm hoping I can change it the usb way and dreamup.
The next problem now is what image to use. As I said earlier I could only find two images for the dm500hd but there were loads for the dm800hd . Can I use any of those images and if so which one.
Thanks Tel

telboy555
29th May, 2013, 04:22 PM
I have tried to put another image on using Dreamup and the usb. The log on Dreamup displays "box type DM500hd" and it uploads the flash loader and then says "waiting acknowledge" and that's it.:nevreness: PS. sorry for forgetting to press the "Like" button before digicon, I think I missed it because I was doing the other posts on my my mobile at work:shame:

digicon
29th May, 2013, 05:20 PM
I am assuming your receiver the 500HD is a Sim2 model if it is then head over to Dreamoem and you can find quite a few images for your box there.

telboy555
2nd June, 2013, 07:26 AM
I am assuming your receiver the 500HD is a Sim2 model if it is then head over to Dreamoem and you can find quite a few images for your box there.

Thanks for the advice digicon , have now got new image on with Tspanel already with it. But still seem to have the same problem. If I try to scan for new channels , the most I have found is about 10. I've put on sgnt flip flop and managed to get s#y comedy on, then tried to change channels seems to search for a while, then says tuner failed.
I've tried the simple satellite config search first, then then various others in the advanced one .
Can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong ???:confusion.

telboy555
5th June, 2013, 01:34 PM
There has been posts on some forums that there was a problem with the dm500hd tuner picking up the signal from the lnb ( albeit it was a couple of years ago ). Has any one had the same problem , or no if they found a fix for it ?.
I have manage to scan more channels , not the main ones, and sometimes I scan and get nothing.
Ive had this box over two months now and I'm still no closer . Am I doing some thing wrong or do you think my box is faulty. Please help