PDA

View Full Version : Adding RTE to Commando 14.7?

parkhall
27th April, 2013, 11:01 PM
Hi Al,

Firstly, absolutely love the image. Great work!

I'm in Northern Ireland so have set that as my location but I don't seem to be able to see RTE? Is there a way of adding it to my services?

Thanks

PaphosAL
3rd May, 2013, 01:16 PM
Yes, of course you can. I add the Irish channels to the top of my International bouquet, simply by adding these lines to my local.scan file:

add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "RTE One"
add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "RTE TWO"
add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "TV3"
add_above "1" "B4U Movies" "3e"

But you can add them into whichever bouquet you wish, above whichever channel you choose. Changes become effective AFTER the next run of AutoBouquets.

Make sure you do an online update before you run AutoBouquets!!!

Cheers- AL :)

parkhall
4th May, 2013, 03:42 PM
Hi again Al,

Don't wanna be a pain but did exactly what you had said using DCC and I still can't see RTE?... Just copied what you have written above and ran Autobouquets and even rebooted and tried again?

Any thoughts? What have I missed?!

PaphosAL
6th May, 2013, 11:34 AM
please attach your local.scan file 'as' local.txt so I can have a shufty. After AutoBouquets has run, you should be seeing those four Irish channels at the top of the International bouquet, if you exactly mimicked by setup.

parkhall
6th May, 2013, 03:31 PM

Hi Al, not sure if the attachment has worked? Think I've got the hang of it...

I've put 'E4' in place of your B4Movies as I wanted it in entertainment but I had already tried just doing exactly the same as you to no avail!

Let me know what I've done wrong!

Thanks again for your patience...

PaphosAL
9th May, 2013, 03:07 PM
It's in DOS/Windows - ANSI format, not UNIX - ANSI so read the top of the "Customizing Bouquets" helpfile for guidance on that issue. Not sure if this will make AutoBouquets ignore this sub-script when it calls it in to read it... If you still have "BBC 1 London" instead of BBC1 NI then that's the reason!

Another reason why it might not be working is that you have no EOF blank line at the bottom...

parkhall
11th May, 2013, 11:11 PM
Hi Al,

I used Notepad 2 as directed and I do have BBC 1 NI too? Weird?!

Never worry, I've just found the 4 channels randomly in the middle of my entertainment bouquet around channels 58/59 so I'll just leave it as is!!

Thanks for all your help

PaphosAL
14th May, 2013, 12:51 PM
Notepad 2 ? Don't you mean Notepad++ ?? Those four channels should be positioned in 'Entertainment' exactly where you decided to place them, ie, above "E4" ?