PDA

View Full Version : CHIP TUNNING KNOWLEDGE

yssf
30th April, 2013, 09:16 PM
Hi Guys,
i want to know if is possible to tune ecu on petrol engines in case of acceleration failure.
i often have problem with accelerator faults,the engines start well but can't accelerate(to solve them i need to change the ecu or ecm)
i think there's another solution instead of changing ecu.:banghead::banghead:

list of vehicle:
suziki grand vitara 2006-2008,toyota rav4 2007,nissan almera and so on..... all with electrical throttle.

thanks in advanced.:hmmmm2:

JustMeAgain
30th April, 2013, 10:44 PM
Hi Guys,
i want to know if is possible to tune ecu on petrol engines in case of acceleration failure.
i often have problem with accelerator faults,the engines start well but can't accelerate(to solve them i need to change the ecu or ecm)
i think there's another solution instead of changing ecu.:banghead::banghead:

list of vehicle:
suziki grand vitara 2006-2008,toyota rav4 2007,nissan almera and so on..... all with electrical throttle.

thanks in advanced.:hmmmm2:

Toyota throttle body's are a piece of crap. Try checking them.

mexanico1971
1st May, 2013, 12:44 AM
some week"s ago, I have here in my garage one audi TT 1.8t and it have that kind of problem !
but it was the ecu !
I try to flash the ecu width a new file but the problem remains wend dtc appear"s the accelerator dont work !

BR

ominimicu
1st May, 2013, 01:03 AM
If ecu fails internally, on componenets,, software wont help at all

yssf
1st May, 2013, 09:50 AM
Toyota throttle body's are a piece of crap. Try checking them.

could you explain why changing ecu (used) the fault solve?

yssf
1st May, 2013, 09:52 AM
If ecu fails internally, on componenets,, software wont help at all

you mean that there's NO CHIP TUNNING SOLUTION FOR SUCH FAULT?

ominimicu
1st May, 2013, 10:12 AM
if mosfets, or diodes etc fail inside the ecu, a remap wont fix that.

JustMeAgain
1st May, 2013, 01:47 PM
Are you checking with techstream for the throttle positon readings. Surely if its registering then the ecu software should adjust fueling and send a signal accordingly. If there is a problem then it must be on the injection side so may be a good idea to scope your injectors. Currently have a Toyota in the shop with fueling problems.

yssf
1st May, 2013, 02:33 PM
i'm checking with IT2 and launch the throttle position can be read as well, but not the throttle motor opening degree since is not moving from it position
it must be feed by ecu to move,(no signal from ecu)
anyway,after changing the ecu the problem solved.
maybe soft corruption? i don't still looking for solution except to change the ecu.

customer speech:the battery flat after coming from holiday,chage a new baterry the car start but not accelerate. "weird, i know"

JustMeAgain
1st May, 2013, 04:54 PM
If the battery is flat after a short duration then either it the battery or drainage. Drainage can be down to short circuit so yes its perhaps component failure in your ecu. Scoping will show a result in signal from ecu to pedal, and from pedal back to ecu so tracing issues along the throttle line is easy enough. Same can be said for pulse to injector from the ecu though if the ecu is faulty there will be no signal change along the injector line when the pedal is pressed.

yssf
2nd May, 2013, 10:47 AM
the question now is:which component could be failed in ecu when the battery was flat,and why that occur only on electrical throttle?

nckryder
2nd May, 2013, 06:37 PM
Sounds like your customer jump started wrong way and fried the throttle motor circuit in ecu seen this on Nissans

rashid01
4th May, 2013, 10:39 PM
if the battry go off and recharg or replace frist need to check etc fuse 10am in fuse box under the hood and clear the foult code via tool if the vehicle stop for long time need to clean throttle and dis connect connecter of throttle and ecm reconnect ecu toyota camry yaris corolla mostly etc fuse problem after replace battry or jump start