PDA

View Full Version : is there a vu solo 2 clone?

Wingnut
1st May, 2013, 06:11 PM
hi lads
wondering has the vu solo 2 been cloned yet? seen them on alibaba etc but not sure if they are real, can anybody confirm? thanks

digicon
1st May, 2013, 06:20 PM
Seen a Solo on there advertised as a mini solo2 but its just a standard solo, not seen any clones about even from other suppliers

Wingnut
1st May, 2013, 06:26 PM
thanks for the quick reply mate,
i spotted this, is this even a solo 2? 2013 Vu+ Solo2 Twin Tuner Vuplus Vu Solo 2 Vusolo2 Linux Reciever - Buy Vu+ Solo2,Linux Os Hd Receiver Vu Solo,Vu Solo V3 Product on Alibaba.com (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/797724196/2013_Vu_solo2_twin_tuner_VuPlus.html)
cheers

digicon
1st May, 2013, 09:20 PM
Yes it is and i found another Vu Solo2 Linux Os Dvb-s2 Enigma2 Hd Satellite Receiver For Christmas Day - Buy Vu Solo2 Hbb-tv,Dvb-s2 Enigma2 Version 3.1.1,Vu2 Plus Solo Hd Receiver Product on Alibaba.com (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/796845363/vu_solo2_Linux_os_dvb_s2.html) looks like the cloners dont waste time

jamesyboyjim
1st May, 2013, 09:33 PM
Hmm I wouldn't spend your money on one of these yet mate you'd literally be the first person ever to try one lol :P I've heard nothing about solo2 clones anywhere

Wingnut
2nd May, 2013, 04:55 PM
yeah mate think il wait abit until they are fully out on the open, thanks lads

Wingnut
4th May, 2013, 01:10 PM
got talking with one of them suppliers, she said it wont be available until end of may, she will let me no what price it will be soon,

Wingnut
4th May, 2013, 01:26 PM
just got that email back from her, she said vu solo 2 will cost 150-200usd when ready

lombard
5th May, 2013, 10:26 AM
just got that email back from her, she said vu solo 2 will cost 150-200usd when ready

lol is that it ? thats really cheap,

Wingnut
5th May, 2013, 08:51 PM
she said it will be ready end of may, i also emailed nextbay.biz, they said prob about 2 months later it will be ready, they didnt give me a price tho

digicon
6th May, 2013, 10:09 AM
I would imagine the $150-$200 dollar price range is for a Bulk unit but and not a singular piece.

voyager1972
17th June, 2013, 09:30 AM
clones available on alibaba,,,,,,,,,,333mhz processor ,,,,stay clear from these,,,,,,all clones suck

cactikid
17th June, 2013, 10:55 PM
let them buy them buy cheap pay twice,look at those duo clones lol,hazardous to health.

pspmixer
21st June, 2013, 11:57 PM
I wonder if there worth a go

davvo
18th November, 2013, 09:33 PM
if you want one

VU+SOLO 2 clone price $225 about ?140 uk

http://chinwahstar.en.alibaba.com/product/946241920-218851574/The_Fastest_CPU_VU_SOLO_2_support_3G_IPTV_Youtube. html

email from kevin zhou of chinwahstar.

Thanks for you interested in our product.

VU+SOLO 2 is ready now, sample price is 225$/pcs. If you buy more, we will give you more discount.

It can take the latest image Blackhole 2.07.

Looking forward to your prompt reply.
Best regards
Kevin

burnsy9999
18th November, 2013, 11:55 PM
285$ with delivery. they are great

danivtec
28th November, 2013, 04:59 PM
there's stock being sold in the UK now, around ?180.00

intel
29th November, 2013, 12:23 AM
there's stock being sold in the UK now, around ?180.00

Just contacted a couple of suppliers in China but they might now want to know as I am only after one box.

Just worried about software support

bighun
1st June, 2014, 10:53 AM
try here ......... i got one delivered for $160 delivered to the uk with fedex because i have bought from them before it is cracking box for the money it is very fast the first price they gave me was $165 but i managed to get it down it comes with blackhole 2.0.9.1 installed which works very good and you can get software for it...
http://www.vu-hd.com/en/downs.htm... all patched and ready to go make sure you get them to put the price down cheaper than it is to get it through customs without having to pay import tax and vat in the uk also they mark it as a sample

benny/9
2nd June, 2014, 11:52 AM
from all the emails i have had recently genuine vu models
are now being offered by the uk dealers at cut prices, so why buy a clone and risk problems with it and more seriously have you thought that these cheaper boxes can burn the psu or mother boards out, thats the good part, clone electrical items can and do catch fire and if it happens at night time, it could burn the house down and if in a semi detached or terrace house. do the same for your neighbours and friends houses plus it could kill or injure yours and their families. and all this to save less than a good night out on the town.

RuberDuck
2nd June, 2014, 11:22 PM
are now being offered by the uk dealers at cut prices, so why buy a clone and risk problems with it and more seriously have you thought that these cheaper boxes can burn the psu or mother boards out, thats the good part, clone electrical items can and do catch fire and if it happens at night time, it could burn the house down and if in a semi detached or terrace house. do the same for your neighbours and friends houses plus it could kill or injure yours and their families. and all this to save less than a good night out on the town.

Could not have said it better my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mortmaru
8th June, 2014, 04:00 PM

Care to share these places with cut prices on originals rather then just state theres go called good deals?

People go for clone because of the price it's that simple if the originals had better price points then so many people wouldn't resort to buying them (Anyone that states an original that costs near ?400 is good price has been brain washed all you have to do is compare other electrical goods in the same price point plus the clones are not great deal difference just the lack of quality control)

Your always trying to give these scare stories about clones when in fact any electrical item can have problems and trying to make out about burning houses down is rubbish (by the way my brother works for customs & excise checking quality of goods coming into the control) I even spoke to him about it and he said it's not burning houses down that's the issue it's the toxins from smoke plus the electrical goods stories about chinese goods are half the time made up.

digicon
8th June, 2014, 04:27 PM
I can see both points of view here and both have very good arguments as a lot of UK electrical items are now produced in China on the cheap but these products are checked for EU compliance safety factors and clones are not as generally they are made to what ever cheap standard they can get away with no one checks them and they are shipped to drop shippers or personal customers all over the UK/World.

Agreed as well that many Clones can stand the test of time i have had a few Vu+/Dreambox and they are still going strong to this day without a hitch and no fear of any fires.

On the other hand you only have to take into consideration what happened recently with the Solo2 Clone and the Timebomb drivers which rendered literally 100's of them useless, Resulting in a lot of ?160 doorstops unless people returned the board to china at there own cost or had someone with a knowledgeable background in fine solder work to change the Flash chip over again resulting in another expense.

So to take into account the loss of time using the dead solo2 clone before repair or return to china at the customers own expense the original which can be had for around ?240 if you look around, where working absolutely fine on the latest images, Is the so called extra ?80 that much too ask when you have guaranteed quality made in Korea instead of cheap Chinese components or susceptible ones at the very least and the fact that you have a UK 12 month Guarantee in case of failure something you dont have with a clone.

Whatever the Case there will always be people who buy clones and then some who will only buy original, But the common factor seems to be that the original is now closing in price wise with its clone counterpart gone are the days when the 800se cost around ?425 which it still does so the saving on a clone is nearer ?300 but on the VU range the margins are very close now ranging from around ?50 - ?100 difference on some models so which would you buy!

cactikid
9th June, 2014, 12:11 AM
i prefare to sleep soundly not worrying boxes will go on fire,and its not scare tactics one was posted on news going on fire lucky they had a working smoke alarm.

mortmaru
9th June, 2014, 12:43 PM
i prefare to sleep soundly not worrying boxes will go on fire,and its not scare tactics one was posted on news going on fire lucky they had a working smoke alarm.

On the news legit branded washing machines was on the news doing the same thing so what's your point

sexysam
10th June, 2014, 12:23 PM
I bought one from China and had to send it back at an extra cost of ?16.Was without it for a month.Just returned yesterday ...working fine....just have to remember not to upgrade its software !!!! lol

bighun
23rd June, 2014, 05:16 PM
you can get the vu solo2 clone for ?110 delivered from china and that is more than ?100 cheaper than the original if you watch what you you are doing with driver and firmare updates you will be fine as for clone boxes i have had a lot of clone boxes from china and have never had a problem with them the solo2 mini clone is the best one yet it does everything the original does at half the price so you could buy 2 for the price of one original

levitan
27th June, 2014, 01:43 PM
you can get the vu solo2 clone for ?110 delivered from china and that is more than ?100 cheaper than the original if you watch what you you are doing with driver and firmare updates you will be fine as for clone boxes i have had a lot of clone boxes from china and have never had a problem with them the solo2 mini clone is the best one yet it does everything the original does at half the price so you could buy 2 for the price of one original

So, what different Vu+ Solo2 images have you tried regarding the mini Vu+ solo2?
Is it only from VU+ and X Website --- DownLoads (http://www.vu-hd.com/en/downs.htm) you can download or can I take them directly from anyone who support Vu+ Solo2?
From Openpli homepage for example? No bricking?

bighun
28th June, 2014, 11:48 AM
you can use images from 8a8f8 VU Solo 2 download | Dreambox Made in China OEM Forum (http://www.8a8f8.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/184/1/8a8f8_VU_Solo_2_download) also do not use original images or you will brick your box

Saltire
29th June, 2014, 11:54 AM
I have a genuine VU DUO and one of the caps and/or regulator blew on it and I had to have them replaced, so thats yet another way to look at Genuine V's Clones, I also know quite a few guys that have clone dreamboxes and clone VU boxs and they have worked perfect for them for yearssssssssss, so I would guess that it is entirely the choice of the buyer at the end of the day, or maybe even just what you can afford to spend at the time etc.

Bann32
29th June, 2014, 06:15 PM
Ferrari haven't released their 'OEM' version (aka clone) of the Solo 2 yet, it's 'on the horizon' which could mean week or month(s), some people prefer Ferrari as far as clones go some don't.

The main drawback with a clone is if they update copy protection or otherwise impair the ability to use the most upto date images/features and the potential problems some people have experienced in the past.

My personal opinion, if you REALLY must get a clone stick to a supplier you know or has a good reputation as the quality can vary a lot. If you have an original Duo now, whats the rush to get a solo2?

ahmed41123123
31st July, 2014, 11:59 PM
anyone bought vu duo 2 guys they are all over alibaba