PDA

View Full Version : N14 ecm problems

jdawg
2nd May, 2013, 04:34 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else has problems flashing N14 ecms but almost everyone I've done has gone dead, I unhook the batteries for 25 mins and its takes the calibration. Except the last one, it didnt want to reboot. Any ideas would be great. I've also tried to use just the connector at the ecm itself to flash, with different results.

eric486
2nd May, 2013, 09:26 PM
Are you using a nexiq adapter or one of cummins inline adapters? I had tons of problems with the adapters that use a serial port, but once I've switched to a nexiq usb I have been problem free. Do you get error codes during flashing?

jdawg
4th May, 2013, 04:16 PM
Are you using a nexiq adapter or one of cummins inline adapters? I had tons of problems with the adapters that use a serial port, but once I've switched to a nexiq usb I have been problem free. Do you get error codes during flashing?
I've switched entirely to nexiq now. Less hassle, easier to work with. Some units take it right away, and I always coonect to the plug on the ecm now.

hercamp
6th May, 2013, 04:10 AM
NEXIQ WORKS FINE , BUT ALL TIME A PHONE CALL FOR AN ECM FOOTPRINTED OR ROMBOOTED ECM,SEEMS RP1210 TOOLS WRITE TOO FAST AND INTERNAL PROCESSOR NOT RESIST DATA TRANFERS BLOKED

ONE THE BEST TOOL IS INLINE II ,JUST NEED USE A DELL LATITUD OR PANASONIC WITH SERIAL PORT , OTHER WAY IS FIND A GOOD SERIAL TO USB CONVERTER , THATS WORKS FOR YEARS TO ME .

ALWAYS TRY TO USE THE CONECTION NEAR OF ECM AND THE LAPTOP NOT RUNNING FROM BATTERY , THATS WILL SAVE THE 50% OFF ERRORS ,
FROM MY EXPERIENCE , NEXIQ AND DPA4PLUS ARE THE BEST , NOT 100% COVERED FOR J1939 , BUT DO THE WORKS WITH J1708.

IF YOUR CELECT+ IS NOT RESPONDING TRY ROM BOOT , OR JUST TRY TO GET CONNECTION WITH IGNITION OFF, ALWAYS EXIST A CHANCE OF SAVE THE ECM . DIFERENT HISTORY WITH THE OLD CELECT , IF TRANSFER FAIL ,JUST REPLACE OPTION .

jdawg
7th May, 2013, 06:26 PM
NEXIQ WORKS FINE , BUT ALL TIME A PHONE CALL FOR AN ECM FOOTPRINTED OR ROMBOOTED ECM,SEEMS RP1210 TOOLS WRITE TOO FAST AND INTERNAL PROCESSOR NOT RESIST DATA TRANFERS BLOKED

ONE THE BEST TOOL IS INLINE II ,JUST NEED USE A DELL LATITUD OR PANASONIC WITH SERIAL PORT , OTHER WAY IS FIND A GOOD SERIAL TO USB CONVERTER , THATS WORKS FOR YEARS TO ME .

ALWAYS TRY TO USE THE CONECTION NEAR OF ECM AND THE LAPTOP NOT RUNNING FROM BATTERY , THATS WILL SAVE THE 50% OFF ERRORS ,
FROM MY EXPERIENCE , NEXIQ AND DPA4PLUS ARE THE BEST , NOT 100% COVERED FOR J1939 , BUT DO THE WORKS WITH J1708.

IF YOUR CELECT+ IS NOT RESPONDING TRY ROM BOOT , OR JUST TRY TO GET CONNECTION WITH IGNITION OFF, ALWAYS EXIST A CHANCE OF SAVE THE ECM . DIFERENT HISTORY WITH THE OLD CELECT , IF TRANSFER FAIL ,JUST REPLACE OPTION .
Any idea how to reboot the ecm after it fails? I unhooked the batteries for about 8hrs but still would come back, is there a way to jump start it back to life?

hercamp
8th May, 2013, 03:53 PM
no , in celect + , only u can rom boot the module . with cicle ignition 3 times or conect the 3 wires for rom boot .look in other thread for the rom boot procedure.

in celect i just understand that after fail need desold , thanks to Makura for that info , non rom boot there .

jdawg
9th May, 2013, 07:18 PM
so cycle the ignition 3 times. I'll give it a shot. Thanks hercamp