PDA

View Full Version : 2 Vu Solo's with same Mac Address ? conflict

lombard
4th May, 2013, 03:48 PM
Hi, all i have 2 Vu Solo clones which take latest images, both flashed very latest build of vix 3.0 from official site and work very well, but cant connect at same time cause they have same mac address ? is there anyway i can connect both ? or change mac address of one of the boxes ?

Thanks

cactikid
4th May, 2013, 04:22 PM
menu- system-network-adapter settings-use dhcp-change ip address to one not used,or powering off box can give it a new ip but could clash at a latter stage.
giving a box its own ip less chance of a clash then.

lombard
4th May, 2013, 05:56 PM
tried that didnt work, its the mac address i think i need to change in order for the router to let both connect !

cactikid
4th May, 2013, 07:40 PM
sorry reread your first post again,if its to do with them things we cant talk about?

lombard
4th May, 2013, 11:18 PM
sorry reread your first post again,if its to do with them things we cant talk about?

Hi all i want is to connect both to same local network, use plugins etc , can as both boxes macs are the same

digicon
5th May, 2013, 12:02 AM
seems strange that both of the NIC's have the same MAC address this is something you usually see on clones and not on originals, As far as i am aware the MAC address cant be changed via any of the standard ways, but someone may know a way around it.

BigfatPaulie
5th May, 2013, 01:55 AM
How the hell can they have the same MAC addresses?

Sent using Tapatalk

RuberDuck
5th May, 2013, 05:50 AM
seems strange that both of the NIC's have the same MAC address this is something you usually see on clones and not on originals, As far as i am aware the MAC address cant be changed via any of the standard ways, but someone may know a way around it.

They are clones mate.

How the hell can they have the same MAC addresses?

Sent using Tapatalk

Simply because they are clones.

BigfatPaulie
5th May, 2013, 11:10 AM
Seen many a clone, never had this!

Sent using Tapatalk

digicon
5th May, 2013, 01:58 PM
They are clones mate.

Simply because they are clones.

Seen many a clone, never had this!

Sent using Tapatalk

LOL i should read more carefully as well, thats the main problem with Clones not only is the Box cloned so is all the serials and relevant data such as MAC address, i have seen 3 solo clones all had the same data as i described, Thats one of the bug bears i suppose

cactikid
5th May, 2013, 02:27 PM
so dont go and buy loads of boxes for your home aas only 1 may work at a time,now thats a good reason to buy and original or 3.

lombard
5th May, 2013, 08:21 PM
sorted it , went into router and let it relocate IP and both work fine now :)

cactikid
5th May, 2013, 08:36 PM
must have been an ip conflict and not a mac conflict? good its working.

lombard
5th May, 2013, 09:17 PM
must have been an ip conflict and not a mac conflict? good its working.

Hi, no the mac address are same on the boxes, had to go into router firmware to get both working