PDA

View Full Version : first scan is it necessary ?? service unavailable check tuner configuration

coolhas
5th May, 2013, 06:10 PM
hi im having some trouble with my vu solo and hope someone can help me because its doing my head in so bear with me.

is it necessary that you have to do a channel scan on vu solo i.e after a fresh flash or can you just add a preloaded channel list i.e sgt flip flop etc and be ready to go the reason i ask is i did both but when im zapping back to channels etc im getting the check tuner configuration and then get it again when i try to download cross epg i just want one clean channel list etc with the channels i only watch so i.d prefer just to upload one on the box after a flash

the epg works but stops after a week and then it doesn't download freezes

running vix latest image

plz help

digicon
5th May, 2013, 06:30 PM
Ah! the joys of owning a Linux Enigma2 box and its ongoing relentless frustration for the common user, or to put it another way that's how they work its generally up to the operator ( You! ) to correct any bugs you find in the system by either trying different images and even different channel lists which change on a daily basis and what works for one person wont work for another.

You dont have to do a channel scan but its the only way you will know that your setup at your own home will work with the channels it pulls in, you have to realise that channel lists are created from information garninshed from sites such as Kingofsat,lyngsat etc... and then entered manually into a list which is then kept up to date by the list creator, but as many know a list is released one day and the next day there could have been umpteen changes and thats why you get the error sometimes 'sid not found in pat' etc..

Like i say experiment with another image to see if it cures the check tuner config and also try different lists also, if your only using it for 28.2? east then maybe look at installing the auto bouquet maker.

cactikid
5th May, 2013, 07:36 PM
i like to do a fresh scan every now and again when needed as sometimes when looking for a channel in your bouquet it takes ages and when using the all list a-z can find a channel quicker,as digicon has said changes are always happening.

coolhas
5th May, 2013, 07:53 PM
Ah! the joys of owning a Linux Enigma2 box and its ongoing relentless frustration for the common user, or to put it another way that's how they work its generally up to the operator ( You! ) to correct any bugs you find in the system by either trying different images and even different channel lists which change on a daily basis and what works for one person wont work for another.

You dont have to do a channel scan but its the only way you will know that your setup at your own home will work with the channels it pulls in, you have to realise that channel lists are created from information garninshed from sites such as Kingofsat,lyngsat etc... and then entered manually into a list which is then kept up to date by the list creator, but as many know a list is released one day and the next day there could have been umpteen changes and thats why you get the error sometimes 'sid not found in pat' etc..

Like i say experiment with another image to see if it cures the check tuner config and also try different lists also, if your only using it for 28.2? east then maybe look at installing the auto bouquet maker.

hi thanks for the reply mate can you shed some more lite on the AUTO bouquets maker how to set up etc not heard of that before

cactikid
5th May, 2013, 08:16 PM
it might be on your plugins when you download by green button,dont know whats it under after that sorry.

RuberDuck
5th May, 2013, 11:10 PM
personally i never scan for 28.2 east, i just fire up ABM from within the image it self and in less time than it takes to make a cuppa i have a region specific bouquet that follows the numbers of your favorite uncle rupie box.

coolhas
6th May, 2013, 12:27 PM
personally i never scan for 28.2 east, i just fire up ABM from within the image it self and in less time than it takes to make a cuppa i have a region specific bouquet that follows the numbers of your favorite uncle rupie box.

hi cheers mate is the abm available on the black hole if so where do i find it

RuberDuck
7th May, 2013, 11:45 AM
yes you can use ABM on BH they have a thread specific to it on thier own forum.