PDA

View Full Version : Xtype 2001 immo in dash ?????????

honingkoning
6th May, 2013, 12:58 AM
Hello guys,

Today i recieved a phone call from a guy who did milleage on a 2001 xtype with TU.
He told me he read good milleage, programmed new milleage and when he puts dash back in the car there where only stripes is dash.
Then he tried to make a read out again with TU and it showed 00000 only, car does not start any more.

So 1st question is there immo in dash? and is there a way to solve this.

Wbr Adam.

diagtech
6th May, 2013, 02:13 AM
Yes immo is in dash try with other tool to read 912 and dump into another cluster if read is corrupt new dash required

justy22
6th May, 2013, 02:14 AM
Hello guys,

Today i recieved a phone call from a guy who did milleage on a 2001 xtype with TU.
He told me he read good milleage, programmed new milleage and when he puts dash back in the car there where only stripes is dash.
Then he tried to make a read out again with TU and it showed 00000 only, car does not start any more.

So 1st question is there immo in dash? and is there a way to solve this.

Wbr Adam.
yes there is immob data in dash, try connet with UPA take a read of the dump and post on here somebody may be able to repair it, if not cluster will need a new good dump and reprogrammed back to car a few guys on here can do this

honingkoning
6th May, 2013, 09:47 AM
yes there is immob data in dash, try connet with UPA take a read of the dump and post on here somebody may be able to repair it, if not cluster will need a new good dump and reprogrammed back to car a few guys on here can do this

Thanks guys if i recieve dash i will check with upa, but scotlad is too far for me :-)
I will keep you informed.

Wbr Adam.

honingkoning
7th May, 2013, 11:26 AM
Today i recieved the dash, but none of my tools could read mcu (upa,xprog) so i assume cpu is dead.
Any one experience with this or just bad luck for the guy.

Wbr Adam.

justy22
7th May, 2013, 01:21 PM
go to a breakers yard takes clocks out an x-type burst open strip down to circuit board and walk out with it up ur jumper, code into car job done for free, this is MHM style

honingkoning
7th May, 2013, 03:37 PM
go to a breakers yard takes clocks out an x-type burst open strip down to circuit board and walk out with it up ur jumper, code into car job done for free, this is MHM style

Not that easy to find and if there is a jaguar its already stripped :-(

Btw what tool does the coding and do i need any pin code or something like that.

CARPARTS
7th May, 2013, 03:44 PM
Propably put 12V on background or so. I've seen this before. Micro = burned
I guess in your country will cost +/- 700 euro; + work (teach-in) + VAT @ Jag-dealer

So @ rate of 10 euro; for each job, your friend with the cloned TU-clone have to work a few months to reach
his "brake-even" point.

honingkoning
7th May, 2013, 05:42 PM
Propably put 12V on background or so. I've seen this before. Micro = burned
I guess in your country will cost +/- 700 euro; + work (teach-in) + VAT @ Jag-dealer

So @ rate of 10 euro; for each job, your friend with the cloned TU-clone have to work a few months to reach
his "brake-even" point.

Who noticed the word friend ? btw if he works for free i dont give a F-----ck, for me it is important to get this car running again.

What tool can do the dash adaption, any info is welcome.

Maybe its possible to add keydata in dashdump ?

Wbr Adam.

honingkoning
9th May, 2013, 11:04 PM
Could someone tell me what the possibility,s are!!!!!!!

Wbr Adam.

javyb
9th May, 2013, 11:23 PM
Jaguar IDS software should be able to do coding

honingkoning
10th May, 2013, 12:38 PM
Is that the same as ford ids, and what do i need.
Do i need a pincode, is it possible to program u used dash???
Maybe someone have the right procedure.

Or maybe it's possible to add keydata to dash dump.

Wbr Adam.

JustMeAgain
10th May, 2013, 07:17 PM
You'll need a Rotunda VCM or I believe JLR works with AVDI. That will code in your new dash. Maybe someone on here has a dump.

Meat-Head
25th May, 2013, 08:18 AM
Dies tu not save orginal dump?

XmoDDeR
25th May, 2013, 02:51 PM
i used digi3 to to a dash on a 2002 Xtype and no issues used cable 48 --912 ..................no issues