are they in decline?does any one know.:dontknow:

think i have some cream for them m8

maxi1968
23rd March, 2009, 06:37 PM
what the ~~~~ are clabbys mate? lol
horse mussles worth a foprtune up here.

Krypton
23rd March, 2009, 06:39 PM
what horses muscles? or the shellfish mussels? never heard of em. maybe because theyre in decline
wah wah waaaahhh
good night
:D

sandiemag
23rd March, 2009, 06:41 PM

Not sure if I fancy eating a horses muscle m8 :laugh:

Krypton
23rd March, 2009, 06:42 PM
dont glue factorys stink! urgh

Krypton
23rd March, 2009, 06:43 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/2814477405_0dcc183f0f.jpg

no offense, but they look foul!!!!

zaphodbb
23rd March, 2009, 06:44 PM

where are you from in scotland i think big mussels are called clappy doo's or something like that, so maybe clabby is another slang word for them hmmmm :hmmmm:

sandiemag
23rd March, 2009, 06:44 PM

WTF is that!

Krypton
23rd March, 2009, 06:45 PM
thats a clabby by all accounts!
looks like some sort of internal organ

zaphodbb
23rd March, 2009, 06:46 PM

holy shit kry wouldn't like that ~~~~er growing on the end of yer nose

gmb45
23rd March, 2009, 06:47 PM

no offense, but they look foul!!!! fcuk me :puke: the dog wouldnt eat that :puke:

Krypton
23rd March, 2009, 06:48 PM
as i look more closely at it, i find it quite sensual.
anybody else?
or is it just me?

zaphodbb
23rd March, 2009, 06:49 PM
as i look more closely at it, i find it quite sensual.
anybody else?
or is it just me?

hey get help kry m8 ffs

Krypton
23rd March, 2009, 06:50 PM
just look closely and you'll see where im coming from lol

sandiemag
23rd March, 2009, 06:54 PM
just look closely and you'll see where im coming from lol

Hope you don't live by the seaside Krypton, nothing's safe if that stirs you! lol

zaphodbb
23rd March, 2009, 07:00 PM
Hope you don't live by the seaside Krypton, nothing's safe if that stirs you! lol

hes just a seafood slut m8 :puke:

melloned
23rd March, 2009, 07:03 PM
:cheers: Looks like Joan Collins's piss flaps to me ! and for that reason , count me out on the fanny feast ! :dancing2:

cantona7
23rd March, 2009, 07:05 PM
fcuk me i'd eat my own leg before i tried that foul looking thing

Mr Pumpy
23rd March, 2009, 07:06 PM
:cheers: Looks like Joan Collins's piss flaps to me ! and for that reason , count me out on the fanny feast ! :dancing2:

Ive just spat me tea out. lol lol

gmb45
23rd March, 2009, 07:08 PM
:cheers: Looks like Joan Collins's piss flaps to me ! and for that reason , count me out on the fanny feast ! :dancing2: joan collins piss flaps :roflmao: thats cracked me up m8 :roflmao:

zaphodbb
23rd March, 2009, 07:09 PM
sounds like chinese for genital lice ( no not flied lice)

melloned
23rd March, 2009, 07:20 PM
Ive just spat me tea out. lol lol

:elefant: It's either Joans flaps , or your regurgitated tea ! one of the two Mr P !:elefant:

gmb45
23rd March, 2009, 07:22 PM
Ive just spat me tea out. lol lol hes done me with that pumpy cant stop laughing

forntida
23rd March, 2009, 08:06 PM
Modiolus Modiolus (I know you heard me the first time)

chroma
24th March, 2009, 04:56 AM
they're in decline, i used to go diving for em in Loch Fyne, but the ****ing fish toxins have begun to wipe em out, fish farms release bus tonnage of waste into the water and kill off anything below the farms and as clabbydoos need a preasure of over 45psi (roughly 3 atmospheres or 20+ metres of water) to survive they usualy find themselves knee deep in farm shite, which winds up being high in amonia which prevents the mucus from hardening into their shells, effectively rotting them alive.

Couple that with the fact that most new divers are complete pillocks when it comes to marine life and dont seem to realise that seasons are in place for a reason, they wind up picking the blue shelled ones which are just the juvaniles, instead of the adults and killing off the spieces before it gets a chance to regroup, these look all nice and purty and idiot small resteraunteurs wind up paying a premium for them because they are just as clueless as the divers.

Scallops, welks, razorclams and even common muscles (pretty much any mollusc spieces to be frank) are pretty much in decline due to profiteering assholes who think salmon and trout are the be all and end all of seafood.
the general ublic at large dont seem to realise that farmed fish are completely garbage when compared to the real Mcoy so the cycle perpetuates.

maxi1968
24th March, 2009, 12:55 PM
:party:they will be foul if you eat them from the waterfront at greenock.still good to see one from the clyde .

maxi1968
24th March, 2009, 01:02 PM
they're in decline, i used to go diving for em in Loch Fyne, but the ****ing fish toxins have begun to wipe em out, fish farms release bus tonnage of waste into the water and kill off anything below the farms and as clabbydoos need a preasure of over 45psi (roughly 3 atmospheres or 20+ metres of water) to survive they usualy find themselves knee deep in farm shite, which winds up being high in amonia which prevents the mucus from hardening into their shells, effectively rotting them alive.

Couple that with the fact that most new divers are complete pillocks when it comes to marine life and dont seem to realise that seasons are in place for a reason, they wind up picking the blue shelled ones which are just the juvaniles, instead of the adults and killing off the spieces before it gets a chance to regroup, these look all nice and purty and idiot small resteraunteurs wind up paying a premium for them because they are just as clueless as the divers.

Scallops, welks, razorclams and even common muscles (pretty much any mollusc spieces to be frank) are pretty much in decline due to profiteering assholes who think salmon and trout are the be all and end all of seafood.
the general ublic at large dont seem to realise that farmed fish are completely garbage when compared to the real Mcoy so the cycle perpetuates.
yes i totaly agree with everything you have said.i am in the minority when it comes to conservation,when i go picking clabbys i allways leave smaller ones alone but i do know some people who dont.so when ever i discover a new bed i never tell any one whare it is.we should start a campaighn to bring in a blanket ban on all molusc fishing ,and tighter controls on fish farm practices.

Krypton
24th March, 2009, 01:05 PM
we should start a campaighn to bring in a blanket ban on all molusc fishing

what no mussels? i dont think the country would stand for it mate

maxi1968
24th March, 2009, 03:42 PM
where are you from in scotland i think big mussels are called clappy doo's or something like that, so maybe clabby is another slang word for them hmmmm :hmmmm:port glasgow.

chroma
24th March, 2009, 06:28 PM
man ive not been diving in years, im getting itchy just thnking about it, but i punted all my gear a few years back after i got married.
managed to hold on to my climbing gear though through all the protestations of the family.

maxi1968
24th March, 2009, 06:34 PM
i some times go shnorkeling in shallow bays.iv had some really good scallops and once got a couple of native oysers that were nearly the size of a dinner plate.

zaphodbb
24th March, 2009, 06:41 PM
man ive not been diving in years, im getting itchy just thnking about it, but i punted all my gear a few years back after i got married.
managed to hold on to my climbing gear though through all the protestations of the family.

me too i was a class 1 diver in the seventys but gave all my gear away, fins, wetsuit, bottle, the ~~~~in works, but im too old now 4 that now, so happy days, this was b4 ablj, btw :stickyman::stickyman:

scotty121
24th March, 2009, 09:39 PM
clabbys mmm haven`t saw them
for years.dont think i`d eat one
now though,with all the polution about.
they did taste so good years ago.lol.

maxi1968
25th March, 2009, 03:40 PM
clabbys mmm haven`t saw them
for years.dont think i`d eat one
now though,with all the polution about.
they did taste so good years ago.lol.
it all depends whare you get them some of the sea lochs north of loch fyne are spotles the best ones are the ones without fish farms in them.:lollypop:

firemouth
25th March, 2009, 04:32 PM
joan collins piss flaps :roflmao: thats cracked me up m8 :roflmao:

Now how did he you know that, LOL. do they have Grab a Granny in LA?

maxi1968
26th March, 2009, 01:34 PM
for all you folk who are ignorant out there there is more to life than sitting on computers talking about things you niether know or care about.clabbys can cost up to 1 pound each ,you wouldnt eat one but i bet you eat kebabs.