PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Motor Problem

dazmaul
23rd March, 2009, 06:55 PM
I have posted on this subject previously but still have not solved it.

I have a Dreambox DM800 HD (not sure if its a clone) and I cannot move my motored dish, although my old Satcatcher III box can.

I have tried using the Satfinder and Positioner Setup but it will not budge.

My mate has also bought this box and has a motored dish that works fine. He has taken my box and tried to move his dish with that but it would not shift.

Does anyone have any clues as to what the problem could be? Would flashing a new image solve it? Does anyone know if there's a file on the box which controls the motor?

Looking in MENU > INFORMATION > ABOUT the information

Boxtype: DM800
Kernel: Linux 2.6.12-5.1-brc
Release: 0390

Image: 2008.11.29
Enigma: 2008.11.29

I think the image is Gemini & Camd: CCCam?2.0.11/NewCS? 1.65

Any help or comments welcomed.

westkill
23rd March, 2009, 07:06 PM
so you cant move or scan for anything m8
have you got any channel settings or bouquets or anything

westkill
23rd March, 2009, 07:12 PM
is there a way to reset your motor

dazmaul
23rd March, 2009, 07:21 PM
I can scan the satellite I am pointing at, which is Eutelsat 16E, and I have the channels listed, but I cannot move the dish to point at another satellite.. I have set it up in the Tuner Configuration as simple, positioner and entered my longitude and latitude but it won't move. I have even set it up as advanced and set Eutelsat and Astra up to use LNB 1 set at positions 001 and 002 but the dish does not move when trying to use SatFinder or Positioner Setup.

westkill
23rd March, 2009, 07:29 PM
can your old box still move the dish :)
it must be set to advanced when using a motor

ces
23rd March, 2009, 10:18 PM
what motor are you using my friend, 36 volt or diseq?

ces

dazmaul
24th March, 2009, 10:11 AM
I am using a Moteck SG-2100A DiseqC 1.2 motor.
There is a reset button on the motor but I haven't tried it yet but I don't think that will work because of the problem that my m8 couldn't move his motor with my box (he has it set to Simple, Positioner) but can move it with his.

I can move the dish with my old box.

How do I set it up in advanced mode? I have tried this but still when I go into Positioner Setup I cannot move the dish?

dazmaul
25th March, 2009, 03:18 PM
The place where I bought my Dreambox has advised me that it is unlikely to be a Software issue and it is probably the positioner circuit, he has informed me that I will need to send it to the repair centre.

Does anyone know anything about the positioner circuit?

westkill
25th March, 2009, 03:50 PM
just out of interest were did you buy it from m8 :)

theGh0st
26th March, 2009, 06:53 AM
1 thing to check and I know it may sound stupid but have you configured your DM for a motorised setup, also having the correct bouquet loaded for a motorised setup is also needed, unless you plan on searching the sats manually.

Check also the LNB0 setting and if your using a very long cable check the LNB voltage box in LNB0 settings.

On the motor you should have a light that shows as green if everything is ok and orange if there is a problem like under/over voltage.

Check the above and let us know.

Cheers.