PDA

View Full Version : vu solo problem

casuk
7th May, 2013, 11:50 AM
hi al,l iv had my vu solo for just over a week seems fine and im geting to grips with it,, still a bit lost, the thing is I have got this error twice now (sorry your receiver encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted) it is vix 3.0, kernel 3.1.1 have a 320 ext hdd can record no problem (if that's any help) also sometimes I will wake up and box has no volume until I change a channel

DOUGALMCD
7th May, 2013, 02:34 PM
What exactly are you doing when it has the problem? You may have to reflash and make sure your settings are all correct and that your flash isn't full. Also is it clone or genuine solo.

casuk
7th May, 2013, 03:41 PM
Its a genuine got it from world of sat with vix 3.0 some1 done the rest.iv had prob twice and its when I'm going in and out of set up/settings/epg all rapidly (I think I'm just doin it 2fast) when I set the epg I think it may have went 2 flash insted of hdd the first time I done it I'm still quite new to this

RuberDuck
7th May, 2013, 05:30 PM
Thats just a bog standard Enigma2 crash, similar to a BSoD you may encounter with windows, ordinarily it is nothing to worry about. That said every Enigma2 crash generates a crashlog, you should forward those logs onto us (ViX) so that we can see whats going on.

dave_UK
9th May, 2013, 10:06 AM
If youre trying to use a plugin at the point of crashing you may need to enable swap file (blue button -> ViX -> Swap Manager) on a USB stick as I found the memory was verrrrrry low and even cccam switch would crash the box :-\

casuk
9th May, 2013, 11:32 AM
its not done it in a couple of days checked the log it has done it twice in 16 days (in that time iv been messing about with it trying to get to grips,) memory is total 100.6M free 47.8M, iv no usb stick just an external hard drive is it just the same way of doing it