PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 7025 Motorised issue

jimbo69jones
23rd May, 2008, 01:20 PM
Has anybody else suffered problems with the 7025 not being able to operate a STAB Motor?

I've tried both tuners and it did work intermittently for a short time, but it's now not working at all. Have replaced the motor, no change. Tried another make of receiver, and that can operate the dish no problems.

I bought it 12 months ago from Satshop.ch and the first one they sent was dead on arrival. After a lot of messing around, I finally got them to exchange the unit (by ordering a technisat HD card, which they still charged me 40 swiss francs to deliver bastids!)

I reckon its something with the power supply to be honest. Don't suppose anyone has taken voltage reading from each output so I can compare them?

Thanks

Devilfish
23rd May, 2008, 01:34 PM
I can't be sure but I think it's 3.5V from the output of the tuner to turn the motor. It should say in the motor manual.

Have you tried another image on the 7025?

jimbo69jones
23rd May, 2008, 01:55 PM
Thought the tuner sent pulse codes down the wire for the motor to pick up?

As for the images i've tried them all :) Currently it has LT fourth on it.

Neil
23rd May, 2008, 02:11 PM
DIgital Satellite EQuipment Control 1.2 or DISEQC 1.2 is a method of communication between set top box and motor. The power used to turn the motor is the same power used to feed the LNB. That is why DISEQC motor are slower and less powerful than the 36 volt motors.

What settings are you using for your dish control in the 7025?
Are you trying to use USALS or the Goto X function in the dreambox?
Does the dish move when you tell it to move ease or west with the remote control?

jimbo69jones
23rd May, 2008, 02:29 PM
Tried every conceivable setting. When it did work, It was by inputting my longitude/latitude so USALS. Like I said, it has worked in the past, just not any more. I bought the dreambox and didn't have much chance to play with it, but now I want to get it running properly.

And no on the east-west question. Nada zip squat.. Actually, thats not quite true. I took the motor off the mount, and brought it into the house. On a short piece of cable, it kind of works. It will turn for a little while, then the command status light on the motor goes from green to orange. I'm sure that means an error in the data received, or an undercurrent error.. Either way, it doesn't work properly ;)

jims
23rd May, 2008, 05:17 PM
I had the same problem with my 7025 when i first set it up
changed all the cables and connectors up the ladders about 30 times
to reset the motor still not working
the dish used to move once then power from the tuner failed ?
pulled some more hair out then decided to get a tm1500+
took about 30 mins to setup
reconnected my 7025 and yes that was also working now
until recently i was just out of warranty then the PSU blew
I dont know if this helps but DM7025 are known for PSU faults

jimbo69jones
23rd May, 2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the input Jims... I really do suspect the Power supply, but they are expensive, and hard enough to find, so would like at least to verify that with some voltage checks etc if at all possible. To be honest, this dm7025 has been a pain in the ass since i bought it. Wish I hadn't now.

jims
24th May, 2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the input Jims... I really do suspect the Power supply, but they are expensive, and hard enough to find, so would like at least to verify that with some voltage checks etc if at all possible. To be honest, this dm7025 has been a pain in the ass since i bought it. Wish I hadn't now.

I have a multimeter but not sure how to use it
at the time i added a short cable to the sat tuner
turned the meter to 2000k and there was no reading
if you could guide me with the testing i will give it a try

I have uploaded some pics of my dead psu
looks like the green thingy has blown ?
someone on here may know how to fix this
if i get it working you are welcome to try it
dvb-shop24 have new psu for ?55 delivered
edit: i have also tried changing the fuse and they blow at power on

jimbo69jones
26th May, 2008, 05:43 PM
Hi M8. Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Ireland, so by the time it's posted and posted back again, I could buy a new PSU :)

That component that is blown on yours looks like a ceramic capacitor, but I doubt it is. I checked my supply and it is marked as TH1 and of course it has no useful information on it, like a value or such. All the other capacitors on the circuit are marked with C or CY . Maybe it's a thermal fuse? No idea.

Here, maybe you can do me a favour though. I was looking over the reverse side of the circuit, and I may be missing a surface mount resistor. This supply is marked as being a PF10776-B01 Rev: 0.2. With the Power supply switch facing away from you, just over half way down the circuit side of the PSU is a component marked U11 (there are 3 similar ones) Directly beneath U11 are markings for 2 resistors R64 and R52. R52 on my board has a 471 resistor in place, but R64 has nothing but looks like it once did (rough contacts) does yours, and if so, whats the value?

Thanks

<--jimbo69jones added 124 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...-->

Have a little more information for anyone that can verify these voltages.

The following voltages were taken while the system was completely connected, and powered up.

I'll call the red wire pin 1 (which is the common believe it or not, where your negative probe will go
Pins 1, 4, 6, 8, and 11 are all common and should show a dead short.

So. here we go.. This is what I got

1 - Black probe goes here
2 - 2.50v
3 - 2.50v
4 -
5 - 3.3v
6 -
7 5.00v
8 -
9 - 11.96
10 - 11.96
11 -
12 - 14.97
13 - 3.05
15 - 12.07

Didn't matter if the signal was H or V all voltages were constant on a clear, unencrypted channel. If anybody could verify these voltages would much appreciate it. Just be careful. The 2 heatsinks on the power supply are live!

jims
26th May, 2008, 08:57 PM
My psu is marked the same as yours PF10776-B01 Rev: 0.2

there is no R64 resistor on mine either
it dose have some solder on though

jimbo69jones
27th May, 2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for looking.

I'm running out of time (warranty up 11th june) and patience waiting for satshop.ch to get back to me. They are very quick at taking money but there customer service to date sucks! so it looks like I may have to look at alternatives.

It's obvious there is a power deficiency in the dream box, but if it isn't a power supply issue then i'm throwing even more money at this box, which may not resolve the problem. I think I need to look for a booster that will give more "oomph" at the motor end, whilst allowing the 22khz signals through to turn the motor. Failing that, I might just get a DISEqC to 36v actuator converter and shove a huge dish up and annoy my neighbours some more :)

westkill
27th May, 2008, 08:44 PM
this is the same i think out of stock or long wait

http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/receiver-digital-dreambox/dreambox-netzteil-dm-7025-new-version.html

<--westkill added 29 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...-->

Has anybody else suffered problems with the 7025 not being able to operate a STAB Motor?

I've tried both tuners and it did work intermittently for a short time, but it's now not working at all. Have replaced the motor, no change. Tried another make of receiver, and that can operate the dish no problems.

I bought it 12 months ago from Satshop.ch and the first one they sent was dead on arrival. After a lot of messing around, I finally got them to exchange the unit (by ordering a technisat HD card, which they still charged me 40 swiss francs to deliver bastids!)

I reckon its something with the power supply to be honest. Don't suppose anyone has taken voltage reading from each output so I can compare them?

Thanks

i was able to move the motor but it just wouldnt scan anything i was pissing about all day yesterday lining the dish it wasnt it was the image seemed to of gone tits up so i put gemini 3.50 on and seems to be scaning fine at the minute i hope lol

FooFighterUK
29th May, 2008, 11:12 AM
Dont know if this helps but i had a similar problem with my motor. It would work intermittently then hang with an orange light. At the time I was using a 500s, then got a new 7025 and it worked a bit better but after a few times swinging it east and west it jammed with an orange light and wouldnt go east anymore !

Eventually took it down and bought a "Dark Star" motor which worked straight away. I would certainly recommend these motors, very fast, very quiet and really well built ( twice the weight of my moteck). Got mine from fleabay but should be in the shops as well.

Have you tried changing the LNB ? Ive heard that changing it can make a difference due to current drain.

I think there are certain combinations of motor / LNB / dreambox that just dont work :-(

Hope this helps.

jimbo69jones
29th May, 2008, 02:56 PM
Crap power supplies In the 7025 I think. Seems lots of people have issues with them. I've contacted DM themselves, and we'll see what they suggest.

SatSearching
31st May, 2008, 10:37 AM
A mate of mine had exactly the same problem and it was the PSU, later 7025's have an improved PSU (mine is a later one).

My mate exchanged a few emails with Dream Multimedia, and despite his box being out of warenty, they exchanged his psu for the new type for free (only had to pay p+p both ways). This sorted his problem.

SS

jimbo69jones
5th June, 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm in the middle of "negotiations" with them at the moment. Hopefully they will replace the PSU.

Flode
19th June, 2008, 07:05 PM
Hi all,
Norway calling....
Have power problems also, waiting for my lokal dealer to replace it.
Hope it goes fast.

The power is the green new type not the yellow type.

zefro
13th June, 2009, 10:02 AM
i have a 7025 and power supply is dead, i find a schematics for this... please help me. thanks
:pcguru::cheer:

king4egypt
19th January, 2010, 08:39 PM
thanks to all

omaravk
2nd June, 2010, 11:41 AM
Yellow powersupply change this:
C8 2200uF 16V or 25V
C2 100uF 25V or 35V
C5 47uF 25V
C26 100uF 25V
C27 220uF 25V

Green one change this
C8 2200uF 16V or 25V
C2 100uF 25V or 35V
C5 47uF 25V
C26 100uF 25V
C27 220uF 25V
En C36 100uF 25V or 35V, you find it under the Alu case

For the green power supply REV 0.2, i think these ones but not sure:
C23, C36 et C38

can some one confirm for the green REV0.2 PSU?????

krakrenx
20th June, 2010, 05:40 PM
i've got the same problem, my dm7025 is not able to work properly with stab motor :( i have a green PSU rev 0.2, could someone confirm what do i need to replace?

krakrenx
20th June, 2010, 05:43 PM
:stupido:
Yellow powersupply change this:
C8 2200uF 16V or 25V
C2 100uF 25V or 35V
C5 47uF 25V
C26 100uF 25V
C27 220uF 25V

Green one change this
C8 2200uF 16V or 25V
C2 100uF 25V or 35V
C5 47uF 25V
C26 100uF 25V
C27 220uF 25V
En C36 100uF 25V or 35V, you find it under the Alu case

For the green power supply REV 0.2, i think these ones but not sure:
C23, C36 et C38

can some one confirm for the green REV0.2 PSU?????

pls confirm someone these c23 c36 and c38, what is value of these three cXX?